Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

i.n

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Have a look at the post I just put the around the world thread which explains it a bit more.

the way I look at it 15-30 mins spent getting the teams right is nothing compared to the hours and hours I get playing once the set up is correct

My formula won’t be correct for everyone due to differing skills at the game, but I think it’s a decent guide. Obviously sucks for serious career players but I haven’t seen almost any of the issues being reported in terms of overthrows or last ball smashes etc.
Blockerdave is right just half an hour and you get a diffrent game im i am having some good gameplay

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
I've just had the old Ashes Cricket bug where a batsman gets safely home then pointlessly wanders out of his ground without any player input and gets run out. Another very old bug in this build. It really is comically bad...

akshay3677

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
A while ago my Career file got 'Corrupted' and I had to restart it all over again. It was okay. No problem.

Last night my whole Cricket 22 Profile Data got corrupted after a crash during BBL Competition and now my game has been Factory Reset without any fault of mine.

Career was still fine to an extent but now the whole game data has been lost. What pathetic game have we got for 4000?

Bugs are fine but this is really not acceptable and even after so many updates.

Absolutely Ridiculous.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Last night my whole Cricket 22 Profile Data got corrupted after a crash during BBL Competition and now my game has been Factory Reset without any fault of mine.
Can you clarify this a bit for me. Is it just the profile data that is gone or did you lose other saves at the same time? Which platform are you on?

In general though, very aware of issues that are occurring with saves, career progress in particular and it is being looked at as a top priority.

------------

I've tried to catch up with posts while I was on break over new years, but I might have missed some things, so feel free to summarise again the stuff you're frustrated with right now in the game, and I'll do my best to work out where we are at on those and what can be done.

caprikaps

Club Captain
I’m a more gameplay guy, so I’ll point out a few besides the obvious one:
1. After the recent patch, we can’t play the Blackfoot punch and cuts anymore as it forces us to play a late cut every time - please bring the Blackfoot cuts/drives and drives behind square back
2. Constant wides by the spinners throughout the game
3. Extremely underpowered straight drives for Right and Left hand batters as the ball goes nowhere

As I firmly believe that the batting shots and animations has been the sweet spot of Cricket 22, the latest patch has taken the game backwards alongside all the other glaring issues.

akshay3677

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Can you clarify this a bit for me. Is it just the profile data that is gone or did you lose other saves at the same time? Which platform are you on?

In general though, very aware of issues that are occurring with saves, career progress in particular and it is being looked at as a top priority.

------------

I've tried to catch up with posts while I was on break over new years, but I might have missed some things, so feel free to summarise again the stuff you're frustrated with right now in the game, and I'll do my best to work out where we are at on those and what can be done.
Sure mate.

I was playing BBL on PS4 and just after I completed a game and went back to the 'Competition' dashboard the game crashed.

After that when I restarted the game the first message I got was : 'Your Profile Data is corrupted and could not be loaded.'
And I got 2 options :
1. Cancel Sign-In / 2. Create a new Profile .... So basically my game has been completely reset because my profile got corrupted and could not be retrieved.

My entire game is gone. From whatever I created to my updated teams, stadiums, Game saves. Everything.

Its really frustrating buddy

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
@caprikaps Yes someone who has notice the straight drives are so broken they go nowhere no matter how well you time them. The only ones that go anywhere are the ones which come out with a cover drive animation but the ones which have actual straight drive animation just die... I have a collage of clips that I need to put together highlighting this

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers

------------

I also got profile data corrupted (PS4) last night after complete the game in BBL competition, after reset everything and start new BBL competition, and use the xfactor player, which introduce in recent patch, and again game crash and profile data corrupted... I already raise ticket, I guess it is mainly because 'xfactor' thing... I love to play Hundred competition but, score HUD of hundred is all bugged... In 2nd innings, score count start from 0 and ball count start from 100, and there are no required runs from remaining ball option in hundred score hud... Caribbean competition had few head less players...

Believe

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Are people on Xbone still having issues with accessing the community? I've only managed to actually download 1 team (NZ uniforms, can't remember whose kit it was), and every other time I have tried, it just searches for anywhere between 2 mins (then crashes) or 25mins (I got sick of waiting for a list of only 10 max results, with literally every field except Max Age filled in). I check about twice a week since release, and yeah... this is preeeeetty shitty. I've gone through and re-named a bunch of players myself, but to be honest, the wild appearances are putting me off playing. (Not to mention the odd time I have just gutsed it and jumped into a game, things are just a wee bit crazy with wack bounce and only shot choices mimicking Chris Gayle, or Chris Martin.) Definitely have seen some gameplay improvements since release, but none of the other BA cricket games have made me NOT want to play right from the get-go. I'm trying to just get some little things done (squads, names, uniforms etc...) which might help garner some interest at least, but I can't even get that ;/

caprikaps

Club Captain
@caprikaps Yes someone who has notice the straight drives are so broken they go nowhere no matter how well you time them. The only ones that go anywhere are the ones which come out with a cover drive animation but the ones which have actual straight drive animation just die... I have a collage of clips that I need to put together highlighting this
Yeah mate, batting was the only reason keeping me hooked to this game but the current patch has messed up the animations. I've already submitted the tickets but I'm not sure how soon can this be fixed. The forceful late cuts reminds me on cricket 19 animations. I really wish we can get the square cuts, backfoot cuts, punches, straight drives back & right.

mani82ua

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

------------

i am also on xbox one x latest patch, few annoying bugs are back to game plz do look at your convenience. Raised several tickets at BAS but just got auto reply

- bowlers got headless
- straight slog shots are messed up like with ideal timing sometime ball goes with normal trajectory like it should be and most of time with ideal timing it goes way up up and away like touches the sky and caught either inner circle or at ground ad position ( its not edge its with ideal or good timing)
- if player makes 50, after over is ended, game crashed
- ball trail not working most of time even if its enabled
- fielder are not stopping simple field at boundary and result 4 and also most of time forgot to catch at deep even catch circle appears and and click correct key in circle resulting 6 runs
- overthrows with 5 are very frequent and back to game
- bowling sliders have no impact whatever you select bcoz AI or computer batting gives u target avg 200 in 20 overs at hardest difficulty. I have test with factor 20,40,50 at bowling slider settings and all of time, out of nowhere AI gave target bw 195 to 205
- AI keep playing way leg side spinner balls irrespective of its too wide
- batsman hit on leg and he completes a single and if anyone appeal after that he declares not out even then he is facing next ball despite single is given

looks like instead fixing game, it goes 2 patches back,

Last edited:

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India

------------

It’s the AI

The sliders seem to work but not completely.
For example, I was playing a T10 game and was being hit for 130-140 runs in every game.

So what I did was reduced the run rate sliders to 20 and it seemed to work for 7 overs. They were at 70 odd runs and in the last 3 they hit 60 runs. Scoring the same amount of runs even after reducing the runrate.

It seems like the AI is coded in such a way that It will make a comeback no matter what.
What people want is AI that tries to make a comeback.

This is what made C19 great. When the AI was trying to make a comeback in the game it would fail sometimes and sometimes they would end up winning. Making the game playable for longer.

Even if this is implemented in the three formats people would be a lot more happy.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
It’s the AI

The sliders seem to work but not completely.
For example, I was playing a T10 game and was being hit for 130-140 runs in every game.

So what I did was reduced the run rate sliders to 20 and it seemed to work for 7 overs. They were at 70 odd runs and in the last 3 they hit 60 runs. Scoring the same amount of runs even after reducing the runrate.

It seems like the AI is coded in such a way that It will make a comeback no matter what.
What people want is AI that tries to make a comeback.

This is what made C19 great. When the AI was trying to make a comeback in the game it would fail sometimes and sometimes they would end up winning. Making the game playable for longer.

Even if this is implemented in the three formats people would be a lot more happy.
Not sure what platform you're on - but if you're on PC (or someone else who is can try) it'd be easiest- but if you're playing and you reckon the AI's about to jump into a state like that, where you think they flick a switch into a 'comeback' - save the game out and make me a copy and send the save data through by PM. It'd be good to get a wide sample of matches beyond what I can look at myself, then I can just play out the ends of them, see what the AI is doing.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Not sure what platform you're on - but if you're on PC (or someone else who is can try) it'd be easiest- but if you're playing and you reckon the AI's about to jump into a state like that, where you think they flick a switch into a 'comeback' - save the game out and make me a copy and send the save data through by PM. It'd be good to get a wide sample of matches beyond what I can look at myself, then I can just play out the ends of them, see what the AI is doing.
I play on PC but I won't be able to play a lot of games this week.
If anyone here is going to play some games this week and see the AI doing weird stuff, please send Matt the game files.

Users who are viewing this thread