Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Because of the issue being able to score freely on the leg side even with the ball well outside off stump.Big Ants solution has been to take the newly animated pull shot completely out the game.It seems that the only way to get this game playable is to turn it back to Cricket 19.
Also noticed that the front foot cut shot through cover/point region as disappeared too.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Do the players go off during rain? I haven't seen that so far and they continue playing

azkhan

Associate Captain
I just played new patch and find bowl spin always wide outside off stump.
Fielders leave balls go past them.
Academy still crashes and headless people
Pollard moustache isn't on his face
I'm hoping they will improve this and fielding and other things too.
Plus, when you hit a lofted shot, it feels like it goes to the moon and back before it hits the ground.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
Now that I am bowling after the latest patch I have noticed that the AI don't score with singles they just hit fours.Also the umpires basically call every short ball/bouncer a wide unless they can score a boundary with this fascinating shot that the batsman gets nowhere near it with his bat and pummels it for a four. I'm surprised they don't give them five runs by calling it a wide as well!!
I have had enough of this game for now it is unplayable.Maybe in 6 months time it might have improved but personally I think this is the end of the line for Big Ant and cricket games.The patches are breaking the game further and I just can't see a way back.Goodbye for now folks.

Punk_Sk8r

National Board President
Now that I am bowling after the latest patch I have noticed that the AI don't score with singles they just hit fours.Also the umpires basically call every short ball/bouncer a wide unless they can score a boundary with this fascinating shot that the batsman gets nowhere near it with his bat and pummels it for a four. I'm surprised they don't give them five runs by calling it a wide as well!!
I have had enough of this game for now it is unplayable.Maybe in 6 months time it might have improved but personally I think this is the end of the line for Big Ant and cricket games.The patches are breaking the game further and I just can't see a way back.Goodbye for now folks.

What settings are you using because I just loaded the game up after seeing many people saying last ball smash is back and I didn't experience it at all. I played an ODI 12 overs so far Striker Timing and Run Rate on 20 with difficulty Hardest/Legend. They've hit a few fours but in no particular pattern (last ball for example) and most of the runs they've scored have come from 1s, 2s & 3s.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
I love the scripting in the game. No matter how easily I'm winning, the AI will make a comeback.
I needed 10 runs off 20 balls in a T10 game. I lost 4 wickets all of a sudden.
It's okay if it happens once in a while but if it happens every time it just makes you not play the game.

There was scripting in C19 too but it was still better.

It is so difficult to create content with the current build. As it doesn't feel like cricket at all.

sahil1087

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
This and batting style 5 (Steven smith) shot animations are also messed up. Have raised both the tickets.

While the lofted shots and cover drives have become OP, the extra cover drives and straight drives have lost all the power and hence don’t travel much. Such a sad state to see this going backwards.

This patch has taken us 3 steps back.
You are so right. I felt that too. Straight drive, shots to third man, late cut in test cricket all have lost the power. The only thing that’s powerful is lofted shots but ground shots on the offside have lost the touch (except for cover drive). It sucks so bad

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
WTF??, C19 & C22 went completely offline earlier today for some time. Usually not exactly a problem, except as a direct result C22 then returned an error that the profile data is corrupt.

Two options, 1. Cancel sign in, or, 2. Create new data. (I chose option 1 which should have retained my existing data/saves but the next time the game restarted ALL of my saved data were GONE!!)

Yet another significant issue. If all saved data is going to immediately get corrupted each & every time BA's servers go down or there's these perpetual connection issues with the academy then many will never get to experience the career mode because it'll become repeatedly corrupted before they can advance through it :(.

Every time there's perhaps a glimmer of hope from a patch of something good they don't just add in a handful of new bugs or glitches, they code in one or more issues that are fundamentally game breaking or worse still, these corruption issues that keep coming back around on ALL PLATFORMS & that's simply unacceptable.

I've found myself returning to C19 more & more in recent days. I'm extremely grateful for the effort they've put in & the progress they made especially with fixing these broken offside shots which do seem better (although, they never should have been so affected to begin with),. However, I keep hearing how they've made significant improvements only to repeatedly experience the same old problems, read of, or see for myself via online streams/YouTube channels etc. that the bugs they're claiming are now fixed still keep cropping up again, & again after the patches. It's a bit of a ball ache.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Starting as someone who hated the game (and the release and release +1 builds were a disgrace) it’s odd to feel I might be one of the last people still having fun with the game!

What I will say is the BA default rated players will not give you a good experience and so anyone playing career is wasting their time.

If you take time to skill players and make teams with players varied in their mentalities and skills, and not overpowered, if you do stack their coverage and ground fielding stats and give everyone a relevant fielding perk (boundary rider, insider, safe hands etc.) and mix the other perks (front foot, on/off side, slogger, accumulator etc.) you can get a game where the opponent variety is greater than any of the other BA iterations. Skills & mentalities seem to have an effect that none of the others did.

I know nobody wants to hear it and it shouldn’t be this way, but forget career, play custom games with teams you’ve spent time over the set up of, and there’s gold in them there hills.

Full Tosser

School Cricketer
I would like to ask anyone here how long it took in terms of time and patches for Cricket 19 to become a reasonably playable game. I'm holding on to hope that Cricket 22 will eventually get patched to at least a enjoyable level of play. If not then i really feel stupid for being sucked in by the pre release hype.

imported_beatle

Club Captain
What settings are you using because I just loaded the game up after seeing many people saying last ball smash is back and I didn't experience it at all. I played an ODI 12 overs so far Striker Timing and Run Rate on 20 with difficulty Hardest/Legend. They've hit a few fours but in no particular pattern (last ball for example) and most of the runs they've scored have come from 1s, 2s & 3s.
I'm playing the Ashes test mode mate.Ive got a first innings lead of about 300 and the umpires are calling every bouncer a wide unless the batsman smashes it.They are only hitting fours and the last shot before I turned it off Labushagne square cutter for four when his bat was two foot away from the ball.Because people have complained about the ease of pulling the ball to leg they've took the shot out the game.Theyre not improving the game with patches there just removing things and moving the backwards trying to make play like Cricket 19.

Bill Greensmith

Club Captain
Starting as someone who hated the game (and the release and release +1 builds were a disgrace) it’s odd to feel I might be one of the last people still having fun with the game!

What I will say is the BA default rated players will not give you a good experience and so anyone playing career is wasting their time.

If you take time to skill players and make teams with players varied in their mentalities and skills, and not overpowered, if you do stack their coverage and ground fielding stats and give everyone a relevant fielding perk (boundary rider, insider, safe hands etc.) and mix the other perks (front foot, on/off side, slogger, accumulator etc.) you can get a game where the opponent variety is greater than any of the other BA iterations. Skills & mentalities seem to have an effect that none of the others did.

I know nobody wants to hear it and it shouldn’t be this way, but forget career, play custom games with teams you’ve spent time over the set up of, and there’s gold in them there hills.
That sounds encouraging and frustrating in equal measure. I'll give it a go. Can you say any more about levels and what you mean by 'overpowered '?

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
That sounds encouraging and frustrating in equal measure. I'll give it a go. Can you say any more about levels and what you mean by 'overpowered '?
Have a look at the post I just put the around the world thread which explains it a bit more.

the way I look at it 15-30 mins spent getting the teams right is nothing compared to the hours and hours I get playing once the set up is correct

My formula won’t be correct for everyone due to differing skills at the game, but I think it’s a decent guide. Obviously sucks for serious career players but I haven’t seen almost any of the issues being reported in terms of overthrows or last ball smashes etc.

Users who are viewing this thread