Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Nithin Antony

County Cricketer
TPCL Titans
With all due respect....

..."As someone who plays the career mode only I can safely say that except from the press conference point, every other point is inaccurate".

(
Your exact words, funnily enough. There's really not a lot of room for doubt or interpretation there to later imply that you didn't actually mean something was incorrect having worded that statement in such a manner. Its implication alone is plain enough, "safe" even ;)!!)

I listed no less than 7 very separate issues for discussion which you immediately & safely declared ALL as being inaccurate except for the now broken press conferences while offering absolutely no explanation to the contrary. ( I'm still seeing these 7 issues regardless of whether you're experiencing them or not, you just don't believe I'm seeing them, or your actual willingness to accept that they're happening. (That's entirely your prerogative, but it doesn't alter the fact that they're still ongoing nevertheless.))

Despite this & the fact that it's all right there in black & white, I'm somehow now the one sprouting BS here lol??? (Nice psych job there BTW!!). Thanks, I'm flattered, (I think ;).)

OK, disagreements happen, human nature, fair enough. However, in my experience attempting a debate with anyone openly willing to display that level of arrogance in declaring that someone else is automatically "inaccurate" simply because they deem it so while accusing them of "sprouting BS" if or when they respond is invariably a lesson of utter futility in waiting. As such, & out of respect for the other forum members here, indeed, this exchange has inevitably run its course as there's clearly nothing to be gained from it such as working towards any remedies.

We'll just have to agree to disagree.
My question is simple.. Did I insult you or mock you in first comment? I said I can safely say because while playing this game I'm not experiencing it. It never means that I'm saying that game is fine. Clearly I've said that its with the sliders the desired output can be achieved. If you want to read things that is not being put out there please go ahead.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
They removed so much from stadium creator. It's bare bones now.
They also reduced the player kit options since DB17 so it's impossible to produce accurate historic Tests using the in-game tools - 1930s and 1950s Tests with cricket legends were a real highlight of earlier iterations. How long would it take to put these cosmetic changes back?

I realise there is only a small team but the game seems to be going backwards. I wonder how many people are actually working on development? Ross and his dog? This isn't really good enough for a premium price game - it's now in an unplayable state and the editor is a step backwards.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England

sashu_91

County Cricketer
They also reduced the player kit options since DB17 so it's impossible to produce accurate historic Tests using the in-game tools - 1930s and 1950s Tests with cricket legends were a real highlight of earlier iterations. How long would it take to put these cosmetic changes back?

I realise there is only a small team but the game seems to be going backwards. I wonder how many people are actually working on development? Ross and his dog? This isn't really good enough for a premium price game - it's now in an unplayable state and the editor is a step backwards.
Don't worry you will get a new bowling action in next patch, lol, a patch on Wednesday means 2 more spare days for hotfix

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Question.

What's the difference/advantage/disadvantage of doing a pre-planned tour over a series of one off play now games instead?

Thanks guys

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Well i've bought AO Tennis 2 and TWT 2 (paid £11 for both) and seeing BAS with hands in two pies for tennis gives me hope and also frustrates the life of me given the engines games run off.

TWT2 is by far the most gorgeous looking sports game Big Ant have been a part of (playing on Series X) with fantastic player models and HDR lighting looking spectacular, AO 2 is running the Xbox One X version which isn't quite as sharp looking and misses the same settings as the Series X version of TWT2.

I know TWT2 is a different game which Big Ant had to basically come in and salvage from the mess of its prequel, but I hope going forward we can see their sports games use that engine and graphical capability over the AO/Cricket engine which looks dreadful by comparison. They can do so much more with their games and what we have is so sub-par it's grating.

s0074845

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
Not just tests, unfortunately all modes or comp types seem so affected at present.
I got AI dismissed for 110 in a test inngs in my first test match in new patch . Difficulty was pro and had variety of dismissal frown bowled, caught in covers and weird slip catch after keeper dropping and lbw . Used custom slider. I also reskilled AI team so as to avoid those creaming boundaries every over

Last edited:

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Question.

What's the difference/advantage/disadvantage of doing a pre-planned tour over a series of one off play now games instead?

Thanks guys

I guess that for a lot of users, an actual tour feels really authentic.

Do you get a trophy presentation if you win a series on tour? I’m sure that I did when doing a series in previous games. You don’t get that in Play Now.

I’ve seen people comment that gameplay can be different but I don’t know how true that is.

One big frustration for me which puts me off doing a tour is that I assume it’s like competition and you’re locked into a 35-man squad. Well, I’m effectively doing a career as England with T10 International as a fourth format. I wouldn’t want to be locked into even a 35-man squad for a whole tour. I mean, I could prob get away with it certainly over three formats but still. It’s one of the reasons that I’d limit doing a Test Championship etc (Though I’m not risking anything other than Play Now at mo) because if it takes a while to play say a 16-team double round robin then I’d probably had have other players in real life persuade me to put them in my squad but wouldn’t be able to.

Sorry, I digressed!

I guess that if you throw in warm-up matches that again, tour mode feels authentic but again, you can just use Play Now and change your plan as you go along as opposed to being locked into a tour that you might get bored etc off. Maybe people like seeing series stats pages when on tour too.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
I guess that for a lot of users, an actual tour feels really authentic.

Do you get a trophy presentation if you win a series on tour? I’m sure that I did when doing a series in previous games. You don’t get that in Play Now.

I’ve seen people comment that gameplay can be different but I don’t know how true that is.

One big frustration for me which puts me off doing a tour is that I assume it’s like competition and you’re locked into a 35-man squad. Well, I’m effectively doing a career as England with T10 International as a fourth format. I wouldn’t want to be locked into even a 35-man squad for a whole tour. I mean, I could prob get away with it certainly over three formats but still. It’s one of the reasons that I’d limit doing a Test Championship etc (Though I’m not risking anything other than Play Now at mo) because if it takes a while to play say a 16-team double round robin then I’d probably had have other players in real life persuade me to put them in my squad but wouldn’t be able to.

Sorry, I digressed!

I guess that if you throw in warm-up matches that again, tour mode feels authentic but again, you can just use Play Now and change your plan as you go along as opposed to being locked into a tour that you might get bored etc off. Maybe people like seeing series stats pages when on tour too.
Stat tracking did seem like the main draw, if I'm honest, but what you've put above mirrors with what I was currently thinking. The trophy thing is an interesting one though, if anyone can confirm?

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Contrary to recent suggestions (And I’m not doubting anybody here) but I just played an ODI and wickets came as easily as they have done for a while. Posting 397 first up probably helped!

I’m playing as custom made England (Rating 71) against Malaysia (Maybe 64 I think) on PS4. They’d been competitive in two T20s (In fact they won one!) and first ODI. I’m on Hard Now (Well, a custom difficulty close to) but have upped Wicket Chance as well as Bowl Quality. But wickets weren’t so easy in first match. Not extremely difficult but not too easy.

I think I bundled them out for 140ish in 35 overs. Run rate is 30 but they made 270 I think in first game and 165ish twice in two T20s with RR 35 for T20s.

This innings was both the most authentic I’ve had and most C19 like in a good way but also slightly not…

7 wickets were caught by the keeper but these were proper edges, variety but not bouncing off thighs etc, to pace and spin. Two slip catches and one outfield catch. I nearly always have keeper and slips stood up (Bounce is 45, was soft, lightly cracked pitch I think) but keeper often back to spinner. For the record, good standard deliveries would clip top of stumps.

So the thrill of edges and ‘Will I won’t I’ catch it was back but bowled or LBW would’ve been nice. I dropped one catch which was good because think game was generous letting me hold one or two.

Just made further tweaks to speed and edges to try and make batting harder. No edges likely when batting! Normally play then compare next highest difficulty (So Hardest now) then amend difficulty. So somewhere between Hard and Hardest now, still closer to Hard and admittedly playing Associates… because I like too!

Anyway, loved the edges in that game and ripping through a side for first time in a while but AI weren’t quite competitive enough. Felt real though, not just premeditated shit shots. If anything, they weren’t really chasing the total. RR 30 but they did alright in first game. That’s cricket though isn’t it. Not all days are the same.

Appreciate that lot of wicket taking concern is Test related but I’m back to that next. Looking forward to the usual 120 overs in the field!

Last edited:

andrew56

Club Captain
I would like to see players stats In game like db14 and squads of 50 and on tours squad can be select number example 35-40.
Has snicko and hotspot been added to the game yet.
I would like if they add couple different wicketkeeper stances and make wicketkeeper move around more.
Has anyone had any reverse swing.

markied125

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Contrary to recent suggestions (And I’m not doubting anybody here) but I just played an ODI and wickets came as easily as they have done for a while. Posting 397 first up probably helped!

I’m playing as custom made England (Rating 71) against Malaysia (Maybe 64 I think) on PS4. They’d been competitive in two T20s (In fact they won one!) and first ODI. I’m on Hard Now (Well, a custom difficulty close to) but have upped Wicket Chance as well as Bowl Quality. But wickets weren’t so easy in first match. Not extremely difficult but not too easy.

I think I bundled them out for 140ish in 35 overs. Run rate is 30 but they made 270 I think in first game and 165ish twice in two T20s with RR 35 for T20s.

This innings was both the most authentic I’ve had and most C19 like in a good way but also slightly not…

7 wickets were caught by the keeper but these were proper edges, variety but not bouncing off thighs etc, to pace and spin. Two slip catches and one outfield catch. I nearly always have keeper and slips stood up (Bounce is 45, was soft, lightly cracked pitch I think) but keeper often back to spinner. For the record, good standard deliveries would clip top of stumps.

So the thrill of edges and ‘Will I won’t I’ catch it was back but bowled or LBW would’ve been nice. I dropped one catch which was good because think game was generous letting me hold one or two.

Just made further tweaks to speed and edges to try and make batting harder. No edges likely when batting! Normally play then compare next highest difficulty (So Hardest now) then amend difficulty. So somewhere between Hard and Hardest now, still closer to Hard and admittedly playing Associates… because I like too!

Anyway, loved the edges in that game and ripping through a side for first time in a while but AI weren’t quite competitive enough. Felt real though, not just premeditated shit shots. If anything, they weren’t really chasing the total. RR 30 but they did alright in first game. That’s cricket though isn’t it. Not all days are the same.

Appreciate that lot of wicket taking concern is Test related but I’m back to that next. Looking forward to the usual 120 overs in the field!

I would like to see players stats In game like db14 and squads of 50 and on tours squad can be select number example 35-40.
Has snicko and hotspot been added to the game yet.
I would like if they add couple different wicketkeeper stances and make wicketkeeper move around more.
Has anyone had any reverse swing.
I been playing custom tournament on ps5 after 3 matches on T20 after I finish the match it says error and crashes Why does do that and be I able to play it again

Users who are viewing this thread