Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

cricboi

Club Captain
Found the academy to be significantly faster for searching and downloading teams on PS4. Loving this game at the moment and enjoying how so many things have been ironed out. I'm still hoping they can fix the AI field settings/bowling plans for left handers in tests but outside of that my experience has really improved and I've found that a combo of custom sliders and different difficulties can really make each format sing. Still waiting for more of the wrinkles to get ironed out in career mode but also hopeful I can go back to that soon.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I apologize for having to say these things to you. To be honest yesterday’s patch made me angry more than disappointed. Ross would have blocked me on twitter before finish reading this. I felt like I should say this and I am not meaning to be rude. I am just disappointed and frustrated with the fact that I spent my hard earned money on this. I know with the patches you guys are fixing issues, but we spent money on December 2nd to play on December 2nd and not on April 2nd. Again I am deeply sorry if I sounded rude.
Being frustrated is something I can fully appreciate, I suppose the problem from my side is there's not really a way we can make it up to you other than continue to work hard, and in a few cases, to add things that go above what was originally planned.

Thank you for explaining everything to us very patiently. But let me ask you something. It has been more than 2 months after the release of a full priced game and people are still relying on weekly patches to play for a night or two. Still we have to play with certain game breaking issues. Motionless wicketkeeper, Frame rate issues and broken shots are indeed game breaking for the hardcore fans of the game. BA support page shows a status update on frame rate issue was supposed to be out by mid January or so. But in my opinion the frame rate hasn’t improved a bit in custom stadiums and they haven’t updated anything on it too. I believe an approximate ETA for certain issues in the game can keep the fans happy even if the fix is a few weeks away. At least we will know what to expect and what not in the game.
I think you've kinda answered your own question with respect to ETAs with the example of missing one like that, something unforseen can mean something didn't get completed in the estimate, or in some cases - something else higher importance coming up can mean putting a planned element back a bit.

I'd give the general ETA that I know significant stuff is really close - this week's patch is a bit lighter - but only because there's a lot of bigger things that are close, and just needed some further testing or polish work before they were ready to go.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Being frustrated is something I can fully appreciate, I suppose the problem from my side is there's not really a way we can make it up to you other than continue to work hard, and in a few cases, to add things that go above what was originally planned.

I think you've kinda answered your own question with respect to ETAs with the example of missing one like that, something unforseen can mean something didn't get completed in the estimate, or in some cases - something else higher importance coming up can mean putting a planned element back a bit.

I'd give the general ETA that I know significant stuff is really close - this week's patch is a bit lighter - but only because there's a lot of bigger things that are close, and just needed some further testing or polish work before they were ready to go.
Thank you for explaining everything. There is a video with a bug where an obvious run out was not appealed and not given out. How may I send you that, so that you guys can work on it?

ahmad ejaz

Club Cricketer
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Thank you for explaining everything. There is a video with a bug where an obvious run out was not appealed and not given out. How may I send you that, so that you guys can work on it?

Please work on career mode please specially in selection department
We are not selects in ipl the 100 or even in bbl too soooo much disappointment
Playing 2 world cups average is above 50 55 in all formats still not selects for ipl the 100 or even in bbl

Also add international rankings also

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
Make a post and link to it. I try and read everything in this and the bug thread and pass on/check things where possible.

There's a few times I've seen post release of a patch pro/con list posts - those are often very helpful as I try and get an understanding of everything the community isn't happy with. Something like that, with links back to videos showing off the things being referenced would be great.

It is a bit cleaner in a post to make a youtube link as a link rather than an embed, as posts full of videos disrupt the thread a bit. Do that by typing some words and then highlighting them, and clicking the button in the toolbar to link the text, and paste in the youtube video.

We are not selects in ipl the 100 or even in bbl too soooo much disappointment
The next update should have a resolution to an issue in some specific cases relating to the Indian T20 League. I believe some issues related to being drafted in The Hundred were resolved in a recent update, but you may need to reach the next season in career to have another draft occur. I'm not aware of BBL specific ones, but note that there are limits on overseas players in the Hundred and BBL.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
I can buy a PC version for beta testing (even though my laptop will barely be able to run it) if you're interested in getting my advice regarding the AI players development/regression and lineup selection in career mode , adjusting 5 levels of pace bowling to reflect slower pace bowling in club cricket and finally a world view tab which shows each and every thing going on the world in which your career player plays.
It's glad to know that work has yet to completed in career mode but I am desperately want to know if world view tab is coming or not , it's painful to see so much going on cricket world and all being simulated and recorded but just there is no way to view it at your leisure.
Post automatically merged:

If long term world ranking and rating is hard to implement then atleast we can have yearly rating system which describes the top ten teams , batsmen , bowler and allrounders on yearly basis which get reset every year.

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I can buy a PC version for beta testing (even though my laptop will barely be able to run it) if you're interested in getting my advice regarding the AI players development/regression and lineup selection in career mode , adjusting 5 levels of pace bowling to reflect slower pace bowling in club cricket and finally a world view tab which shows each and every thing going on the world in which your career player plays.
Mike's referring to just gameplay testing this specific batting shots thing, where we want a few people who have noticed it to try out our progress on that issue, so just people on PC already to ensure that they have experienced the game for a long while on PC, so don't conflate having a different setup of teams or sliders or something than they have on their console version as a gameplay difference.

It's glad to know that work has yet to completed in career mode but I am desperately want to know if world view tab is coming or not , it's painful to see so much going on cricket world and all being simulated and recorded but just there is no way to view it at your leisure.
No current plans.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
@MattW This is the video I was talking about. My best knowledge is that we don't have to appeal manually for run outs or did you guys change that?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
@MattW This is the video I was talking about. My best knowledge is that we don't have to appeal manually for run outs or did you guys change that?
Is that video from the latest patch or when abouts? You don't need to appeal for run outs.

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
Mike's referring to just gameplay testing this specific batting shots thing, where we want a few people who have noticed it to try out our progress on that issue, so just people on PC already to ensure that they have experienced the game for a long while on PC, so don't conflate having a different setup of teams or sliders or something than they have on their console version as a gameplay difference.

No current plans.
Even though feeling heart broken about this info but fair enough , but definitely AI players development and selection and low level pace in club cricket is surely on the to do list right?

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
It will be a thrill to see your career player and your club mates starting club cricket at 120k pace and gradually becoming a speed demon in future years (only few actually become fast bowler though)

Syed Bukhari87

Club Captain
The most disturbing thing regarding the AI players in career mode is that they just increase in ovrl rating from 42 to 58 in just one game and they regress suddenly as well one game ago my AI team mate had 61 ovrall rating and in next game it was 38 , yes he did play for 7 seasons but there was no development or regression for him and after the 1st game of 7th season his rating went down from 61 to 38 and vice versa applies to new players who are young but haven't played any games in years and if they play just one game their attributes just shoot up dramtically.

Users who are viewing this thread