Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
Just out of curiosity did any of this happen in C19 ? The scripted wickets and run rate (4 off last ball etc) just been looking at YouTube videos and apart from the oversized heads on players game looks pretty perfect ?
The scripted run rate is much worse in this version. Last night playing default settings there was a 4 ever over and consistently two singles in ever over. I reduced the run rate to thirty and there were then four singles almost ever over, but only one boundary in 20 overs. Basically it's unplayable garbage - user inputs have only marginal impacts on what happens.

C19 still felt scripted at times but nowhere near as much as this. DB 17 remains the best version for gameplay.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
The scripted run rate is much worse in this version. Last night playing default settings there was a 4 ever over and consistently two singles in ever over. I reduced the run rate to thirty and there were then four singles almost ever over, but only one boundary in 20 overs. Basically it's unplayable garbage - user inputs have only marginal impacts on what happens.

C19 still felt scripted at times but nowhere near as much as this. DB 17 remains the best version for gameplay.
Yeh it’s frustrating. I love the game and it’s so addictive. The game I’m playing now compared to first release is like night and day just a couple of things to iron out and we will have a quality game.

Wealey

ICC Board Member

You playing tests mate?

Hester

County Cricketer
@MattW : Hi Matt, great work by BA team to make Cricket 22 the best game out there in the market. Can we expect these cosmetic updates in the next week's patch?

1). Stadium Creator: Ability to include video screen, different seat colors, Crowds sitting on grass bank, Fireworks in Custom Stadiums.
2). Different style of Wicket Celebrations when Bowler takes a wicket. (Like PES and FIFA)
Stadium Creator needs more background options too, like C19 had.

karolkarol

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
Ireland (Cricket)

Why play default settings though? The game is a hot mess on default but actually quite playable, AI notwithstanding, with altered settings/sliders.

bumba

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
New Zealand
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Stadium Creator needs more background options too, like C19 had.
Please list those background options. Matt can then forward our request to the correct team.

Roooooot

Club Cricketer
You playing tests mate?
Yes.

As I said in my post I have used custom run rates too but the problem of fixed and predictable run rates is still there. If you have a rare over of keeping the AI to something below their AI run rate, the first ball of the next over goes to the boundary whatever you bowl. Every. Damn. Time.

I'm amazed it hasn't been fixed before. It makes me wonder if the maths behind the game has a fundamental flaw and the developers just don't know how to fix it without breaking something else. Perhaps a 'softer' run rate would make the AI insufficiently responsive if the maths is flawed?

Hester

County Cricketer
Please list those background options. Matt can then forward our request to the correct team.
mainly mountains and hills. C22 only has one grassy hill. The area immediately around the stadium too... it's just a huge border of green at the moment.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Yes.

As I said in my post I have used custom run rates too but the problem of fixed and predictable run rates is still there. If you have a rare over of keeping the AI to something below their AI run rate, the first ball of the next over goes to the boundary whatever you bowl. Every. Damn. Time.

I'm amazed it hasn't been fixed before. It makes me wonder if the maths behind the game has a fundamental flaw and the developers just don't know how to fix it without breaking something else. Perhaps a 'softer' run rate would make the AI insufficiently responsive if the maths is flawed?

So I hadn’t played for a while and I’m convinced (certain) the AI are leaving the ball less and playing shots nearly every ball.. mostly hitting fielders??

Hester

County Cricketer
So I hadn’t played for a while and I’m convinced (certain) the AI are leaving the ball less and playing shots nearly every ball.. mostly hitting fielders??
This has been happening to me since I've been playing (1 month or so). In around 10 tests, the AI batters leave, on average, 1 ball every 10 overs.

Users who are viewing this thread