Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If they have identified as an issue that was causing FPS drops then it is important to them fixing the issue. It may work fine for you. It may work fine for others. Some may not be so lucky.

I have a PC that runs anything at highest levels and the other day I had random FPS drops after an update.

This however is a prime example of how you can’t please everyone. I spend all week testing AI looking at how gameplay can be improved. Thinking about AI approaches and declarations.

I personally give a shit about a box showing the running between the wickets. I actually turn it off.

Some are clearly very passionate about it which is fair enough as well.
As i said, I like my sports game to really have that TV feel . I know it's not completely possible to get that feel but I try my best. hence the running PIP was part of that for me. Plus I think the 2d stuff looks pretty horrible on the eyes. (just my opinion).

Also, is that the only solution for fixing the fps issue? removing a feature that many liked and some were indifferent to (like you), but none hated and wanted it gone?

Wealey

ICC Board Member
As i said, I like my sports game to really have that TV feel . I know it's not completely possible to get that feel but I try my best. hence the running PIP was part of that for me. Plus I think the 2d stuff looks pretty horrible on the eyes. (just my opinion).

Also, is that the only solution for fixing the fps issue? removing a feature that many liked and some were indifferent to (like you), but none hated and wanted it gone?

I’m the same.. play the game from all cameras as if I was watching it on TV.

No idea.. but would be strange to get rid of it and say it caused FPS drops if it didn’t.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain

Yeh I seen your video on YouTube pal when I’m watching AI vs AI I use your settings it’s cool like watching a match on tv

s0074845

Club Captain
Hi all. How is AI behaving post new update. Still tonking when batters are green or do play and miss plus those big dives in the field where they miss saving the ball.

I skipped updating previous patch after I read all the comments here

Rahul_Rants

County Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Don't wanna just talk about bad stuffs - The community download, especially teams have become much faster. So there is that.

Only other gripe relating to cameras and setting is the the camera still zooms out rapidly when a batter plays a forward defense or edges it to the keeper (standing up) making it impossible to see what is happening out there.

I'm not sure if this issue is just for certain broadcast angles or for everyone.

check it out :

Last edited:

s0074845

Club Captain
I am on ps5. AI is veteran. They chased 446 for the loss of just one wicket on day 5 on a dry hard wicket. I am speechless. What is the point of setting any target when ai chases everything down.
Same here toiling hard for wickets on dry day 4 pitch. Everyone is playing like Bradman ..

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
And I'm sure the hard work you've put in will benefit everyone. My point is that removing features from a game that shouldn't even be that resource intensive is taking the game backwards.
None of which matters to me anyway because the game crashes so hard on my Xbox that it switches it off. You'd think they should be making an announcement about it, come out and say they're working on it. Release a patch asap. But no, it's been left for over 2 weeks without a word being spoken about it. But at least those that can play have a couple more fps.
I don’t think they know what’s causing it. Hence the silence. Twice this week I’ve had the game paused and it just goes.

Never known anything like it.

AnmolJ

International Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
@MattW

I was talking about how the AI should be improved, I've made a list of what changes I think should made to the AI. This is for short form of the game and some of them can be applicable for longer format as well.

Everyone who's not happy with the AI can join this conversation and point additional stuff out. People who have been talking about the AI it's your time to speak up so that the team can at least hear what the issues are. Please don't ignore this.

First,
The dab that AI plays at fine third man needs to be balanced. I think it happens way to often. I'm okay with this being played. Something that can be done with the shot is that sometimes AI fails to find the gap and the ball reaches fly slip or short third man or the batsman just misses the ball completely.

Second, I have noticed that almost all the time spinners bowl 2-3 of the overs at death.(last five overs) Mostly it's the Spinning allrounders that get to bowl these overs. Plus if you haven't got enough spinners in the game, fast bowling all rounders will bowl those overs. You can prioritize fast bowling bowlers, then fast bowling all rounders and then spinners to bowl in the last five. Bowlers with a death bowling or similar perk can have a priority set as well.

Third, Last ball smashes in shorter formats. I don't mind the last ball smashes in the shorter format of the game. If the batsman have only scored a couple of runs in the over I'm sure they'd want to score big on the last ball. But I think you can add instances when they are not able to hit/connect those shots. Having a balance between both would be great. And if you could squeeze in a rare maiden over in T20s it would feel great. Those are very rare but they do happen.

Fourth, having a balance of spinners and pacers taking wickets. Right now, mostly spinners dominate the wickets chart no matter what pitch you're playing on.
A good balance would be to have 50/50 wickets on standard pitches. 75/25 on a spin friendly or a pace friendly pitches.

Fifth, having variety of wickets. I think wickets can be categorized into three sections. One, bowled and lbws. Second, caught behind or at slips/gully. Third, catches in the 30 yard circle and outfield. (I know I left out runouts!). Having a balance of these three depending on the kind of pitches would be nice.

Sixth, Step out shots. I think only batsman with good skills be able to play these shots. I saw a tail ender try to step out and hit a bowler for six. He missed which was nice but if he would have been out as stumped it would have been better.

Seventh, I think the AI has already decided what bowlers are going to have a good/bad day. So If a bowler starts his first two overs with a low economy rate, he won't have a bad day at all. His next two overs are going to go better than everyone else. Same goes for the bowler that goes for a lot of runs in the first two, will go for more in the next two as well. I think bowlers should have a chance to make a come back or just go for a lot more in the next spell.

Eight, If AI Batsman has been dropped by a fielder, the AI will make sure that a wicket falls in the next few balls. Mostly in a similar fashion.

Last, (For now) I see that you've worked on how AI chases the scores down. I'd love to have close matches even If the AI going to chase the total down. Also, sometimes you can make a match swing a bit in favor of a team that wasn't going to win it will add a bit of depth to the game.

It would be great if people can join in on this conversation and share their thoughts.

I also have a list of bugs that I want to share. Hope you won't mind a similar kind of post in the coming days.

Last edited:

Tfiwssirhc

#bemore
ENG....
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Agreed - at least give us the option back for those of us with systems capable of running this game just fine even with the running cam.
There's a truck driving game on PS4,and the mirrors were causing huge fps drops,so the devs added the ability to turn them off.So I really hope big ant make the option available to switch,because next gen consoles were having no trouble with the running cam.

sonimrajk

International Cricketer

Don't wanna just talk about bad stuffs - The community download, especially teams have become much faster. So there is that.

Only other gripe relating to cameras and setting is the the camera still zooms out rapidly when a batter plays a forward defense or edges it to the keeper (standing up) making it impossible to see what is happening out there.

I'm not sure if this issue is just for certain broadcast angles or for everyone.

check it out :

@MattW can you please consider fixing this for next patch? This camera issue was introduced when pyros were added.

Users who are viewing this thread