Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
Regarding AI RR, I've not found this to be the case at all. At 20, I find the AI score around 3 an over. At 50, they score nearer to 6. Anything over 30 and they try to slog at everything.

This has just been my experience and I realise it might not be the norm. Maybe I just suck at bowling.
Interesting. And this is for test cricket, right? Just to make sure we're not at crossed wires.

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
I used to score lot of runs against spinners in cricket 19 by playing late cut towards the third man. But in Cricket 22 the wicket keeper catches everything.So I have decided to play straight or towards cover or towards mid wicket to the spinners.

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
So nice to see people downloading bigminge's "version" more than mine. And people wonder why I stopped.

cricket22_2022_04_04_16_23_13_563.png
Post automatically merged:

Interesting. And this is for test cricket, right? Just to make sure we're not at crossed wires.
I'm in the same boat, I've kept run rate at about 28 and the AI score between 2.5 to 3 runs an over. The only issue I've seen is teams getting bowled out in fifty overs consistently, regardless of how good they are. (This is FC and test cricket).

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
Nathan Lyon took all the wickets in an innings on a standard pitch for me with hud off and on hard settings. Had to quit the game 4 times due to the bat/pad thing.(All were caught by the WK because I dont have anyone else around the bat)

Uninstalled the game and life feels a lot better now :)

Wealey

ICC Board Member
Nathan Lyon took all the wickets in an innings on a standard pitch for me with hud off and on hard settings. Had to quit the game 4 times due to the bat/pad thing.(All were caught by the WK because I dont have anyone else around the bat)

Uninstalled the game and life feels a lot better now :)

What have you upped pitch friction to?

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
What have you upped pitch friction to?
I had it at 65 and the ball friction at 35 for the first match. Ashwin took 8 wickets on a green track. Then I experimented by reducing the pitch friction to 35 and this happened. At the moment I am not able to enjoy the game due to this. Tbh test matches and ODIs were more enjoyable before they tuned the AI.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I had it at 65 and the ball friction at 35 for the first match. Ashwin took 8 wickets on a green track. Then I experimented by reducing the pitch friction to 35 and this happened. At the moment I am not able to enjoy the game due to this. Tbh test matches and ODIs were more enjoyable before they tuned the AI.

SA arnt enjoying the AI either..

A4813FDB-9D1E-44CF-A412-7F7BFCBD5EF7.jpeg

Wealey

ICC Board Member
In all seriousness.. and I’ve helped on the last 3 games with the beta stuff and mentioned it a horrific amount of times..

But it’s things like ignoring the need for realistic pitches that represent the conditions around the world record that I just do not understand.

I wish they stopped adding stuff and just ensure that the current stuff was spot on first. The fundamentals of cricket!

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
In all seriousness.. and I’ve helped on the last 3 games with the beta stuff and mentioned it a horrific amount of times..

But it’s things like ignoring the need for realistic pitches that represent the conditions around the world record that I just do not understand.

I wish they stopped adding stuff and just ensure that the current stuff was spot on first. The fundamentals of cricket!
I think over the years they went from making realistic cricket simulations to arcade ones. At the moment cricket 22 have got all the "artworks" that a mediocre budget game released in 2021 should have and that will attract customers too. But the gameplay is something where they have gone really backwards. I don't think they are gonna fix it with patches either. At least for some of us who are here to enjoy a balanced cricket game, cricket 22 is not enjoyable at all. I really felt some sort of relief once I uninstalled it.

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I think over the years they went from making realistic cricket simulations to arcade ones. At the moment cricket 22 have got all the "artworks" that a mediocre budget game released in 2021 should have and that will attract customers too. But the gameplay is something where they have gone really backwards. I don't think they are gonna fix it with patches either. At least for some of us who are here to enjoy a balanced cricket game, cricket 22 is not enjoyable at all. I really felt some sort of relief once I uninstalled it.

I actually really enjoy Test Matches.. my biggest gripe is batsmen playing aerial once they hit the 20-30 mark. But for the most part I get good enjoyable matches with lots of variety.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I actually really enjoy Test Matches.. my biggest gripe is batsmen playing aerial once they hit the 20-30 mark. But for the most part I get good enjoyable matches with lots of variety.
My only concern is the spinners and obviously the wicketkeeper needs to be tuned. My opposition always gets all out under 150

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
My only concern is the spinners and obviously the wicketkeeper needs to be tuned. My opposition always gets all out under 150
I’ve just played West Indies and there scores were 290 and 220 what settings have you got AI on ? Spinners took 7 wickets overall and 4 of them were the crazy WK catching straight from the bat. Apart from that glitch with the WK I’m really enjoying it the AI seems to play to the game with what’s needed. Played 5 t20’s aswell and that feels really good again apart from the dismissals where the WK gets magnetic gloves and reactions

Wealey

ICC Board Member
I’ve just played West Indies and there scores were 290 and 220 what settings have you got AI on ? Spinners took 7 wickets overall and 4 of them were the crazy WK catching straight from the bat. Apart from that glitch with the WK I’m really enjoying it the AI seems to play to the game with what’s needed. Played 5 t20’s aswell and that feels really good again apart from the dismissals where the WK gets magnetic gloves and reactions

Yesterday I lowered the keepers reactions and diving attributes and didn’t have those catches at all. The AI also wasn’t sweeping tbf.

midhun333

County Cricketer
CSK
Profile Flag
India
I have the default settings for AI except that wicket chance is at 40

Users who are viewing this thread