Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

GuyIncognito

Chairman of Selectors
AUS..
RCB...
MS
Melbourne Stars
Birmingham Phoenix
The Boys
Profile Flag
Australia
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think this thread is to discuss only how Ai playes in test match and stories of test matches humans played with ai and sliders settings and how people played in day 1 and day 5,dare anyone should not speak how to improve the game or bugs or you can get banned .
So these threads never helps in improving the game I feel few admins here are involved in making of the game so talking bugs of the game is insult for them as they could not provide quality.
There is a difference between constructive criticism, highlighting genuine points and shouting at the top of your lungs 'scammers', 'frauds' and being sarcastic incessantly.

dosco27

School Cricketer
Next years game will be their last chance imo. I’ve got a few features i’d love to see in the game

1. Running between the wickets should be exactly the same as DB14, love how the batsmen run through the crease if a run hasn’t been queued up

2. More batting styles and maybe a batting style creator

3. A player instruction system, so if you’re batting in career mode you can tell ai batsmen to rotate strike or tee off etc.

4. Fielding would be better if it was more like mlb the show imo, maybe just leave the circle for infield catches

Skillzy

School Cricketer
Next years game will be their last chance imo. I’ve got a few features i’d love to see in the game

1. Running between the wickets should be exactly the same as DB14, love how the batsmen run through the crease if a run hasn’t been queued up

2. More batting styles and maybe a batting style creator

3. A player instruction system, so if you’re batting in career mode you can tell ai batsmen to rotate strike or tee off etc.

4. Fielding would be better if it was more like mlb the show imo, maybe just leave the circle for infield catches
Are they going to release this game at this price every year. Not worth it in my opinion :facepalm2:

dosco27

School Cricketer
Are they going to release this game at this price every year. Not worth it in my opinion :facepalm2:
Last 3 games have released around the ashes do wouldn’t be surprised. I’ve told myself the last 2 releases i wouldn’t buy them but can’t help myself :cry:

dart-h-vader

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
The do biennial releases. However, the current release is by far, the one with most issues. I have not bought the game yet (on the fence) and I also know software is hard. What I cannot understand though is the communication aspect of BA :(

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
I think this thread is to discuss only how Ai playes in test match and stories of test matches humans played with ai and sliders settings and how people played in day 1 and day 5,dare anyone should not speak how to improve the game or bugs or you can get banned .
So these threads never helps in improving the game I feel few admins here are involved in making of the game so talking bugs of the game is insult for them as they could not provide quality.

There is a difference between constructive criticism, highlighting genuine points and shouting at the top of your lungs 'scammers', 'frauds' and being sarcastic incessantly.

Not to mention as a whole 95% of the staff, admins or mods on this site have actually been remarkably tolerant indeed with all things considered & they've frequently allowed more than a fair degree of latitude, especially when it comes to this thread in particular. (Repeatedly push your luck & yes, you could get banned, but you also agreed to the rules when you created your account.)

They could have ultimately shut this entire thread down multiple times over but it's still here for us to continue whining, & more recently occasionally add something good we've picked up on now that there has been some reasonable improvement ;).

It all went the way it went due to some awful decision making, piling one mistake on top of another, then rinsing & repeating that cycle. Promises of exciting new features were also never delivered on or schedules made for patches etc. are also no longer apparently being honoured. (That tends to leave a lasting bad impression & under the circumstances, rightfully so it's not easily going to be forgiven or forgotten moving forwards.) Sadly, the willingness of the top man to continue to flick high octane fuel onto the C22 Twitter bonfire has done nothing to help calm heated passions & frustrations either. But, still this thread has never been truly censored & it's certainly not just been limited to the use of sliders, test matches, or AI functions only over time. (C22 has undoubtedly drawn complaint pretty much about every feature possible PMSL ;).) It's more that the vast majority of the known issues have surrounded the AI modelling, scripting, or its behaviour & that's the most visible aspect that the majority would like to see corrected, hence it seeing more mention.

If you're more into the multiplayer aspect & the problems that has, and/or you have specific complaints about the shorter formats of the game within C22, speak up about it!

Kart7

School Cricketer
On camera settings while batting in co-op:
When playing online co-op mode (2 players vs AI), I am the batsman and set the camera as batting-mid. But when I am at the non strikers end watching my friend bat, is there a way to change my camera to say Broadcast 1? Currently it continues to show all in batting-mid camera.

Cricket 19 used to have this feature earlier.

Arctic_Wolf

Club Captain
Profile Flag
England
On camera settings while batting in co-op:
When playing online co-op mode (2 players vs AI), I am the batsman and set the camera as batting-mid. But when I am at the non strikers end watching my friend bat, is there a way to change my camera to say Broadcast 1? Currently it continues to show all in batting-mid camera.

Cricket 19 used to have this feature earlier.

It's the same against AI too & was in C19, regardless of whether you're the actual striker or non-striker, you'll always stuck viewing from behind the strikers end in batting mid.

They never fixed it & clearly still haven't to date. I wouldn't hold out much hope either as some issues they just apparently don't know how to fix & instead of communicating that, nothing is said at all :(!!

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I had such bad wicket scripting yesterday as England v New Zealand. Twice in a row the AI edge to 2nd slip, no mini game and dropped. Third ball, edged, mini game to Foakes. Don’t really feel the merit of the wicket when it’s just pre determined.

dart-h-vader

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
Not to mention as a whole 95% of the staff, admins or mods on this site have actually been remarkably tolerant indeed with all things considered & they've frequently allowed more than a fair degree of latitude, especially when it comes to this thread in particular. (Repeatedly push your luck & yes, you could get banned, but you also agreed to the rules when you created your account.)

They could have ultimately shut this entire thread down multiple times over but it's still here for us to continue whining, & more recently occasionally add something good we've picked up on now that there has been some reasonable improvement ;).

It all went the way it went due to some awful decision making, piling one mistake on top of another, then rinsing & repeating that cycle. Promises of exciting new features were also never delivered on or schedules made for patches etc. are also no longer apparently being honoured. (That tends to leave a lasting bad impression & under the circumstances, rightfully so it's not easily going to be forgiven or forgotten moving forwards.) Sadly, the willingness of the top man to continue to flick high octane fuel onto the C22 Twitter bonfire has done nothing to help calm heated passions & frustrations either. But, still this thread has never been truly censored & it's certainly not just been limited to the use of sliders, test matches, or AI functions only over time. (C22 has undoubtedly drawn complaint pretty much about every feature possible PMSL ;).) It's more that the vast majority of the known issues have surrounded the AI modelling, scripting, or its behaviour & that's the most visible aspect that the majority would like to see corrected, hence it seeing more mention.

If you're more into the multiplayer aspect & the problems that has, and/or you have specific complaints about the shorter formats of the game within C22, speak up about it!
This has been one of the hallmarks of PC. I remember this from the century stick (EA) days and the mods are considerate to a great extent.

Personally, I am not able to decide if C22 has any benefits over C19 (other than supporting BA with a purchase). I like C19 for what it is and I avoid exploiting the AI to get a good game but with C22, the negatives are confusing me throughly.

Skillzy

School Cricketer
This has been one of the hallmarks of PC. I remember this from the century stick (EA) days and the mods are considerate to a great extent.

Personally, I am not able to decide if C22 has any benefits over C19 (other than supporting BA with a purchase). I like C19 for what it is and I avoid exploiting the AI to get a good game but with C22, the negatives are confusing me throughly.
Don't Buy. I bought C22 still play C19. What I do is that I bat with both sides, occasionally bowl as well. I usually make the bowling change as well for AI mostly in shorter format. I use a software to record matches and keep the records. It is more fun for me that way since game is very bad in keeping stats even in career mode.
I played C22 but didn't like the shots animations and character models in "Fixed Far" camera. While they look very good in "Behind Batsman" camera. But I prefer playing from front end camera.
Not to forget the pathetic fielding and newly introduced visual speed which messes up the game for me. I also requested steam for refund but guess what I exceeded the max playing time limit. Not Gonna buy any BA games from now on unless they do something miraculous with upcoming updates.

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Don't Buy. I bought C22 still play C19. What I do is that I bat with both sides, occasionally bowl as well. I usually make the bowling change as well for AI mostly in shorter format. I use a software to record matches and keep the records. It is more fun for me that way since game is very bad in keeping stats even in career mode.
I played C22 but didn't like the shots animations and character models in "Fixed Far" camera. While they look very good in "Behind Batsman" camera. But I prefer playing from front end camera.
Not to forget the pathetic fielding and newly introduced visual speed which messes up the game for me. I also requested steam for refund but guess what I exceeded the max playing time limit. Not Gonna buy any BA games from now on unless they do something miraculous with upcoming updates.
I like the visual speed when you crank it up feels more more realistic for pace bowlers when it’s at 85/90 I tried playing 19 but 22 on a 4K tv once you’ve played it’s hard to go to 19 and the oversized helmets

dart-h-vader

Club Captain
Profile Flag
India
I like the visual speed when you crank it up feels more more realistic for pace bowlers when it’s at 85/90 I tried playing 19 but 22 on a 4K tv once you’ve played it’s hard to go to 19 and the oversized helmets
Does that mean, other than the graphic upgrade, C22 has similar or below par gameplay compared to C19?

smurfygray86

Associate Captain
Does that mean, other than the graphic upgrade, C22 has similar or below par gameplay compared to C19?
From what little I’ve played of 19 I’d say it has better gameplay than 22 just for the fact it felt more natural and the fielding etc is much better which is very frustrating
Post automatically merged:

From what little I’ve played of 19 I’d say it has better gameplay than 22 just for the fact it felt more natural and the fielding etc is much better which is very frustrating
I also only really play career mode and there’s still lots that need sorting and it feels about 70% complete the fixture clashes being the main one for me you start a tournament or tour and next thing you know you miss the final to go play a ODI vs Ireland

Skillzy

School Cricketer
If you increase Min and Max speed in C19 it increases the speed of ball and make it realistic. I personally use 60,60. But in this game if you increase visual speed too much then the ball seems to travel too much. You lose the heaviness of the ball I feel. Also some balls will just move past the batsman very quickly and you will always end up with late timing.

Users who are viewing this thread