Cricket 22 General Discussion thread (Use bug report thread for issues/bugs/crashes | Patch notes in first post)

JNT BA

@JNT
Big Ant
Thanks for the introduction @MattW.
Looking forward to communicating with you all, as Matt said.
Some of you may have already been interacting with me on the support site with some of your issues and suggestions and I would love for you guys to keep doing that.
But as I have been, for the last month, I'll be on here as well reading it all and documenting any good suggestions I see and issues you are having.

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Some of you may have already been interacting with me on the support site with some of your issues and suggestions and I would love for you guys to keep doing that.
But as I have been, for the last month, I'll be on here as well reading it all and documenting any good suggestions I see and issues you are having.
The biggest annoying issue is wicket keeper diving forward to catch the throw. Instead in real scenario when the throw is awkward, instead of diving forward, the wicket keeper will either go backward or forward to judge the bounce of the ball.

Rumple43

Survival Games Finalist
Survival Games Finalist
Profile Flag
England
The biggest annoying issue is wicket keeper diving forward to catch the throw. Instead in real scenario when the throw is awkward, instead of diving forward, the wicket keeper will either go backward or forward to judge the bounce of the ball.
Legit question, not being funny.

That is your biggest issue with Cricket 22?

tarangmht

Associate Captain
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Hi @MattW @JNT BA it is really great to know that you are actively reading suggestions and trying to solve issues users are facing.
I have played a lot of cric22 with my frnds recently on the current patch and would like to point out the following

1. The ability to play shots fine on the leg side behing square/ towards fine leg is missing. the only shot which can be played fine is sweep and reverse sweep. The rest dont follow the trajectory where the user intends to play irrespective of the ball.
2. When trying to defend a ball which is wide outside the line of offstump with footwork the batsman invariably defends on the leg side and ends up missing the ball completely.
3. The cover drive shot for batting style 6 needs to be fine tuned imo bcoz the timing for it differs from all other shots and styles. My guess it b due to a longer animation.
4. When trying to assigning proficiency to a player it behaves wierdly. It doesnot allow to change proficiency for bowlers in bowling category but if u change the identity from bowler to bowling all rounder or aything else it will allow.

These are my observations other user who have experienced the same pls comment or like. I use the broadcast camera angle withs classic pro control while playing so pls check this angle when you look for the above issues.

I also would like to suggest if you can let users change the style and action for licensed players who donot have their orignal actions ingame. It was previously possible to do this. A lot of batsman who are licensed are assigned style 2 where they shuffle before the ball is bowled. Many of them in real life dont shuffle. Pls look into it.

Thank you for your support.

Last edited:

Hester

County Cricketer
Hello JNT. Welcome.
I don't know if this is the right place to ask but I was wondering if there are any plans to help the AI play on the leg side, as lots of wickets are coming from the AI hitting a shot that hits their pad and they get caught at short leg. This happens off pace bowling and spin bowling.
Also, I really hope that the stadium creator will have more assets added to it so that it's in-line with C19.

Anyway, thanks for checking-in with the forum. It's good to know someone is still listening and helping with the game.

TORNEDO

Club Cricketer
India
Profile Flag
India
Legit question, not being funny.

That is your biggest issue with Cricket 22?
There are many issues which have been discussed in this forum every now and then, if possible they all need to be sorted out in the next patch. wicket keeper diving issue is one of them.

s0074845

Club Captain
You will have to setup a match type to start off with. I setup an English test match type with a Duke Ball and LV stumps. Then when you create the tournament you can then select your new match type.

thanks for that, is it possible to change the sponsors for test series?

kamy100

Associate Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
Well that is me done with this game for now. I managed to get £26 trade in value which I put towards F1 2022. Such a shame that the underlying issues some of which are fundementally destorying me enjoying the game have not been addressed despite them being raised multiple times. I will buy it again in the future if a patch actually fixes the issues. I had a lot of goodwill towards Big Ant but it is not acceptable that the game still has such issues 10 months after release and will mean I do not buy any future releases at release.

Hester

County Cricketer
Well that is me done with this game for now. I managed to get £26 trade in value which I put towards F1 2022. Such a shame that the underlying issues some of which are fundementally destorying me enjoying the game have not been addressed despite them being raised multiple times. I will buy it again in the future if a patch actually fixes the issues. I had a lot of goodwill towards Big Ant but it is not acceptable that the game still has such issues 10 months after release and will mean I do not buy any future releases at release.
I totally get where you're coming from. I won't be buying another Bigant game but I have hope that they might still try and fix the issues with C22.

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
thanks for that, is it possible to change the sponsors for test series?
Um you can change the stumps and ball. Although I found it impossible to do a 3 match ODI and use my custom ODI without it starting in January. So frustrating you cannot just change it at the match settings screen.

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Um you can change the stumps and ball. Although I found it impossible to do a 3 match ODI and use my custom ODI without it starting in January. So frustrating you cannot just change it at the match settings screen.
To think you can create everything in a ground as well except custom Stumps...

Users who are viewing this thread