2022 ICC Men's T20 World Cup - Australia

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
As I said earlier, perhaps the time had come to disband the West Indies. They serve no purpose whatsoever in world cricket at the moment and is merely a compilation of players various nations.

I dont think they will ever reach the heights they have previously.

Saying that they serve no purpose because they will never reach the heights of arguably the greatest team to exist in history is a bit ridiculous don’t you think? By that same metric as I’ve said earlier England should also be disbanded as a cricket team because they surely will never reach the heights of their 50s era again.

I’ve got no idea why you would want to reduce the number of test teams too when cricket needs to expand more rather than dwindle. We’ve already got Netherlands explicitly stating that they don’t want to be a full member if it mandates organizing and playing test cricket, why further reduce the pool of test sides? This West Indies side is also a tier two test side that has a decent home record.

On paper they should have won against all of their opponents in this group. That they didn’t points to a failure of management, captaincy with lack of application and not a lack of skill. I’ve seen discussions for splitting the island nations up but does this current side strike as a team underachieving due to individuals having nationalistic desires? To me they do not seem so.
Post automatically merged:

Sikandar Raza deserves an IPL contract. In the form of his life at the age of 36.

The IPL owners would rather splurge money on whoever the latest BBL attraction is probably.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
The IPL owners would rather splurge money on whoever the latest BBL attraction is probably.
If Riley Meredith went for a million, Shaheen should go for 10 million :laughter:

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
Saying that they serve no purpose because they will never reach the heights of arguably the greatest team to exist in history is a bit ridiculous don’t you think? By that same metric as I’ve said earlier England should also be disbanded as a cricket team because they surely will never reach the heights of their 50s era again.

You've pointed out their infra, management,players and everything else is in a state of disarray. For a conglomerate of nations to get government support in terms of funding is going to be difficult. Gone are the glory days where the Isles had a robust structure and a proper approach to Cricket in general.

Disbanding the Isles into individual nations would probably make more sense given their players are already plying their trades elsewhere.
I’ve seen discussions for splitting the island nations up but does this current side strike as a team underachieving due to individuals having nationalistic desires? To me they do not seem so.
East Africa is a perfect example. While they never reached the dizzying heights the WI managed, the East Africans were disbanded nevertheless.

The current WI team lacks consistency given that their top players hold the board to a ransom. We have seen this with Gayle, Pollard, Narine and Russell. Gayle would have happily turned up for his home nation come what may. The way WICB has managed the game in the changing era of T20 has definitely made their players lose interest in the game. For WI players, representing the conglomerate is no longer a sign of success. In fact, their players appearing in leagues around the world seems to craft a bigger success story than anything else.

If Riley Meredith went for a million, Shaheen should go for 10 million :laughter:
PKR ? :winky:

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
a compilation of players various nations.
That's no different to the West Indies of 1970's and 80's.

Disappointed for Scotland but Zimbabwe have done very well.

Funny that Scotland and Namibia, who achieved what could be seen as the biggest upsets, have ended up missing out.

If it wasn't ready years ago, then I think the T20 World Cup is more than ready for the expansion coming.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
That's no different to the West Indies of 1970's and 80's.

Disappointed for Scotland but Zimbabwe have done very well.

Funny that Scotland and Namibia, who achieved what could be seen as the biggest upsets, have ended up missing out.

If it wasn't ready years ago, then I think the T20 World Cup is more than ready for the expansion coming.
All these 8 teams should have been playing the actual world cup. It just sucks to see Namibia and Scotland missing out. 16 team T20 world cup with 4 groups of 4. Best format

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
All these 8 teams should have been playing the actual world cup. It just sucks to see Namibia and Scotland missing out. 16 team T20 world cup with 4 groups of 4. Best format
2007 ODI World Cup was the same format. Though not ideal for ODI. This might be ideal for T20.

The top 2 from each pool can then join Super 8 and have a round-robin format if ICC wants to milk more matches for more revenue.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
20 teams in 5 groups, is the plan I believe.

Sadly I think they are going for a Super 8 rather than quarter finals.

CerealKiller

Staff Member
Fantasy Cricket Team
PAK...
Kings XI
Islamabad
Avengers
Profile Flag
Pakistan
20 teams in 5 groups, is the plan I believe.

Sadly I think they are going for a Super 8 rather than quarter finals.
Yeah, it is confirmed for WI/USA 2024. 5 groups of four, top two go to Super 8 in two different groups, then semis. 6 likely games for India, Associates go directly into the tournament.
Win-Win

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Yeah, it is confirmed for WI/USA 2024. 5 groups of five, top two go to Super 8 in two different groups, then semis.
Top 2 from 5 pools makes it 10 team.

How is Super 8 happening then? Did you mean 2 groups of Super 5?

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Yeah, it is confirmed for WI/USA 2024. 5 groups of four, top two go to Super 8 in two different groups, then semis. 6 likely games for India, Associates go directly into the tournament.
Win-Win
I didn't realise it was two groups of four, that's a better than a massive super 8.

Sorry, 4 groups of 5 teams. 7 likely games for India
Yeah, it was me who go the five/four thing back to front first. :p

Users who are viewing this thread