Women's Internationals

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Imagine eves losing by 1 run today and how costly would be the wide not given in the last over... IND eves only have themselves to blame... 80 from 60 with 7 wickets in hand is gettable any day in t20 cricket
It was 40 off 32 balls when Harmanpreet took off for the run.

India should have won this even with Harmanpreet getting out. 39 off 31 is not a tall ask at any level. We need lower order batsmen with better hitting capacity than 16 off 16 (Deepti before scoring a boundary off the final ball). Deepti cannot be called as an all-rounder T20Is with the lack of big hitting ability.

Also, the second and third wicket were both gifts from India to Aussies. Time for Verma to be more consistent as well. He started off as a Sachin like prodigee and slowly turning into a Prithvi Shaw of the women's team with her being regularly irregular at scoring runs against big team.

Hopefully IPL can churn some big hitting players for us. I have high hopes for U-19 world cup winner Sherawat too.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
It was 40 off 32 balls when Harmanpreet took off for the run.

India should have won this even with Harmanpreet getting out. 39 off 31 is not a tall ask at any level. We need lower order batsmen with better hitting capacity than 16 off 16 (Deepti before scoring a boundary off the final ball). Deepti cannot be called as an all-rounder T20Is with the lack of big hitting ability.

Also, the second and third wicket were both gifts from India to Aussies. Time for Verma to be more consistent as well. He started off as a Sachin like prodigee and slowly turning into a Prithvi Shaw of the women's team with her being regularly irregular at scoring runs against big team.

Hopefully IPL can churn some big hitting players for us. I have high hopes for U-19 world cup winner Sherawat too.
India missed Vastrakar, she is someone who can hit bigger than Sneh Rana or Yastika Bhatia (who has very unexceptional numbers).

The three wickets in the powerplay meant India were always two or three wickets from a defeat but Rodrigues and Kaur played a brilliant counter-attack. Australia were under pressure, they bowled out their pace bowlers early because of that, Darcie Brown bowled very well and luckily they had picked Jess Jonassen who is a GOAT death bowler.

Kaur's run out was unlucky, I've seen some people saying she was too casual but most players would be because they aren't expecting their bat to get stuck in the ground. Just happened that the throw was perfect so that bad luck was punished.

It does give me some hope, as an England fan, that there is a way to beat Australia. The Australian batting in T20 cricket feels very efficient but they don't always utilise that middle order. I'd want Garnder, Harris and McGrath facing most of the balls in the last 5 or 6 overs. I was quite surprised they chose to bat because they make chasing look fairly easy. Lanning managed to get 17 off the last over but I'm sure before that she was going at close to a run a ball while McGrath. But I think ultimately the score yesterday was gettable.

Last edited:

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
India missed Vastrakar, she is someone who can hit bigger than Sneh Rana or Yastika Bhatia (who has very unexceptional numbers).

The three wickets in the powerplay meant India were always two or three wickets from a defeat but Rodrigues and Kaur played a brilliant counter-attack. Australia were under pressure, the bowled out their pace bowlers early because of that, Darcie Brown bowled very well and luckily for the they had picked Jess Jonassen who is a GOAT death bowler.

Kaur's run out was unlucky, I've seen some people saying she was too casual but most players would be because they aren't expecting their bat to get stuck in the ground. Just happened that the throw was perfect so that bad luck was punished.

It does give me some hope, as an England fan, that there is a way to beat Australia. The Australian batting in T20 cricket feels very efficient but they don't always utilise that middle order. I'd want Garnder, Harris and McGrath facing most of the balls in the last 5 or 6 overs. I was quite surprised they chose to bat because they make chasing look fairly easy. Lanning managed to get 17 off the last over but I'm sure before that she was going at close to a run a ball while McGrath. But I think ultimately the score yesterday was gettable.

Kaur was also sick and by all accounts wasn’t supposed to be playing in this game (was originally ruled out). That she even turned up and took them this close was a miracle and perhaps that did affect her running for that run-out.

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
Kaur was also sick and by all accounts wasn’t supposed to be playing in this game (was originally ruled out). That she even turned up and took them this close was a miracle and perhaps that did affect her running for that run-out.
Yep, it seemed unlikely she was going to play. I'd imagine she wasn't close to 100%. They looked done after 4 overs and then turned it completely around. Were it not for that bad luck, they'd have got home.

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Yes, she was brilliant alongside Rodriguez. Good to the latter evolving as a cricketer and adding shots other than cover drive in her arsenal.

To those saying it was a casual running from Kaur, that was because she would have made it home easily had the bat not stuck in the ground. Even the cameraman was showing the fielder and not the throw until Healy appealed and Kaur was seen miffed.

Sneh Rana playing or not, we should have chased 39 off 31 with our in form keeper and supposed all-rounder at the crease.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
Kaur always played best of her innings when she injured or unwell...

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
The openers left it wayyy too late. This is what will lose South Africa the match.

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
I think England will chase this easily... But I heart wants to see South Africa vs Australia final... Hope England choke today...

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
If the speed gun is to be trusted, Shabnim Ismail just hit 80 mph.

That being said, Katherine Brunt bowled a back of the hand slower ball that I'm sure registered at 88mph earlier in the tournament.

Users who are viewing this thread