Premier League

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Chelsea however are just a proper sporting structure and manager away from becoming a top club again. Most of their recent signings are excellent on paper despite the high fees and with the Premier League almost guaranteed five Champions League spots a couple of seasons later, they’re well poised to knock both Liverpool and Tottenham out of that top five.
If they can make the Felix loan deal into a permanent transfer, he can be the perfect attack guy for him than a struggling Havertz.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Chelsea let go off Salah, Costa, Hazard, Oscar so many talented players.

I agree in principle but a lot of their sales at that time were fine.

• Salah was nothing more than a ‘run wide with the ball’ winger who’d struggle to be a physical factor. That loan at Fiorentina and move to Roma is what made him develop his all-round game.
  • Costa and Hazard were both sales they had to do due to the players wanting it. And given how effective they were before their sales and how terrible they’ve been since that they were both spot on. I’d even add Mata here, he did a decent job at United but never got close to the Chelsea POTY form he showed there.
  • Oscar again is another bloke who they sold for excellent money and wasn’t that good. He was a useful cog and worked well under certain setups but clearly lacked the ambition and drive to become a top player.
  • If I’d have to pick out a sale they shouldn’t have made it’s de Bruyne. He was brilliant in the Bundesliga when he went there on loan (was it to Bremen?) and only got a half appearance on his return being shunned for Oscar instead. He was then sold to Wolfsburg who profited massively from him and we all know how good he’s been for City after that. Could add Guehi and Tomori here too but at least they’re youth products… with de Bruyne it was obvious that he was an exciting talent who was ready to be a star but Mourinho was up to Mourinho things at that time.

Bevab

Staff Member
If they can make the Felix loan deal into a permanent transfer, he can be the perfect attack guy for him than a struggling Havertz.

It’s a matter of just money which daddy Boehly doesn’t seem to have an issue with anyways. Atletico are happy to sell as long as they can recoup his fee and Felix doesn’t seem like he’s too interested in staying there either. I’m not sure if he’ll be worth that massive fee at the moment but there’s no denying how much potential that lad has and if he’s truly the solution to this dire attack as shown so far Chelsea should be spending over the moon to get him. Remember how people thought the likes of de Bruyne, Allison, van Dijk, White, Ramsdale were all overpaid and yet they’ve shown that as long as they fill that crucial role the team lacks it’s worth that money.

It’s also why I’m still laughing at City cheapening out on Kane and overpaying for Grealish instead. With Kane in they’d have truly terrorised the Premier League.

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Now Conor Gallagher will win Chelsea's goal of the month this time because thats the only goal they scored this month:lol

Bevab

Staff Member
Not a good season for North London clubs at all.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
I enjoy most sports. Football and American Football specifically, and being based in the cricket homeland in Sussex helps with this.
Don't English people decide their team based on where they're from? I'd have you supported Brighton or Hastings United.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Don't English people decide their team based on where they're from? I'd have you supported Brighton or Hastings United.
It used to be the way but now we have a shift of plastic supporters who follow a team when it wins.

Man Utd during the 90s is the prime example unless those supporters wear the grey away shirt.
Post automatically merged:

Not a good season for North London clubs at all.
How so?

Considering previous seasons have been absolute rubbish, this one has been amazing for good reasons.
Post automatically merged:

As an Arsenal season ticket holder I embrace despair.
Isn't over yet sonny Jim x

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Now Conor Gallagher will win Chelsea's goal of the month this time because thats the only goal they scored this month:lol
Frank to take charge of Spurs soon, we all hope?

Users who are viewing this thread