Premier League

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
It used to be the way but now we have a shift of plastic supporters who follow a team when it wins.

Man Utd during the 90s is the prime example unless those supporters wear the grey away shirt.
Post automatically merged:

How so?

Considering previous seasons have been absolute rubbish, this one has been amazing for good reasons.

Isn't over yet sonny Jim x

Context is key, no team has ever led the league for so long in nearly ten years and then lost it. Liverpool’s 2013/14 season receives a lot of shtick for Gerrard’s slip and the one shot speech but they were leaders for far less long and had lesser quality in their team. While at the start of the season you’d have been absolutely elated with a top four spot and a title challenge, offering the same now would feel very underwhelming after the way the team’s squandered a very winnable position. I’ll admit that this version of Man City as the challenger is a whole different beast, they simply don’t let up easily (which also conversely reinforces my earlier point that failing to take advantage of when they did earlier will make this season feel disappointing).

The less said about Tottenham’s season, the better.

Frank to take charge of Spurs soon, we all hope?

Yeah nah that’s never happening.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Context is key, no team has ever led the league for so long in nearly ten years and then lost it. Liverpool’s 2013/14 season receives a lot of shtick for Gerrard’s slip and the one shot speech but they were leaders for far less long and had lesser quality in their team. While at the start of the season you’d have been absolutely elated with a top four spot and a title challenge, offering the same now would feel very underwhelming after the way the team’s squandered a very winnable position. I’ll admit that this version of Man City as the challenger is a whole different beast, they simply don’t let up easily (which also conversely reinforces my earlier point that failing to take advantage of when they did earlier will make this season feel disappointing).

The less said about Tottenham’s season, the better.

Yeah nah that’s never happening.
yep have to admit it is a major capitulation from a great position but they thrashed us in the recent fixture which speaks loads. Sad to say I was excited but now a bit disappointed but as you say I would have bitten my own off to get top four but feel empty and hollow.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Brighton surprisingly close to a UCL spot. Too bad their last few games are mainly against big clubs.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
Brighton surprisingly close to a UCL spot. Too bad their last few games are mainly against big clubs.
Define 'big' clubs, they play Everton, Soton and Villa last day? Man City and us, yes! Newcastle probably but I feel they have earned the right not be written off.

Bevab

Staff Member
Define 'big' clubs, they play Everton, Soton and Villa last day? Man City and us, yes! Newcastle probably but I feel they have earned the right not be written off.

Aston Villa have been the second best side in the league since Emery took over on form, they’ll be incredibly tough at their home ground to boot. I think they should be favourites against the other two but relegation threatened sides have a weird habit of playing out of their skins sometimes when they are close to the drop.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
If they lose to Arsenal, City and Newcastle what chance do they have of top 4?

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Hope we dont bottle the top 4 to Liverpool :(

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
If they lose to Arsenal, City and Newcastle what chance do they have of top 4?
Who says they'll lose? They can hold their own weight and have a very capable and decent squad.

Aston Villa have been the second best side in the league since Emery took over on form, they’ll be incredibly tough at their home ground to boot. I think they should be favourites against the other two but relegation threatened sides have a weird habit of playing out of their skins sometimes when they are close to the drop.
Villa will return to stereotype next season, just as night follows day.

Loubs

User Title Purchaser
ENG....
X Rebels
Profile Flag
England
*Disclaimer.

Just seen Everton have just thrashed Brighton so that was a huge surprise!!!!!

Khan Sahab54

#titans
PAK...
AFG...
Lions
RCB...
Zalmi
MS
Manchester Originals
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Arsenal have bottled it

Bevab

Staff Member
There was really not much left to bottle at that point, Man City would've been heavy favorites even if Arsenal won yesterday.

Them still losing is what makes it all the more funny.

Users who are viewing this thread