Retirements Thread - Imad Wasim

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
Okay, extra twist : after the elections in early February, PMLN is likely to win (thanks to army’s support) and appoint Najam Sethi as chairman again. So Imad might reverse his retirement just after the PSL. He will only miss 5 T20Is before now and then, if i remember correctly
Truly one of the countries of all time

wasteyouryouth

Verified
Admin
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Such an odd situation with Darren Bravo the last few years. Probably one of the stand out players domestically, and with a decent international record, but constantly overlooked for a bunch of rubbish guys.

Only Gayle, Chanderpaul, Bonner have better averages (min 20 inns) in test cricket since he made his debut.

Bevab

Staff Member
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Such an odd situation with Darren Bravo the last few years. Probably one of the stand out players domestically, and with a decent international record, but constantly overlooked for a bunch of rubbish guys.

Only Gayle, Chanderpaul, Bonner have better averages (min 20 inns) in test cricket since he made his debut.

It’s a bit weird that they’ve omitted him from the ODI team on the basis of age for the next WC whilst selecting players only one or two years younger than him.

I don’t think he’s good for international cricket though, the last time I saw him he was rubbish in tests. I’d rather they play youngsters like Bishop and McKenzie over him in the long run.

pillowprocter

Panel of Selectors
ZIM...
SCO....
Islamabad
Profile Flag
Uganda
I’d rather they play youngsters like Bishop and McKenzie over him in the long run.
Yah but it's not like they selected Bishop or McKenzie, instead Dowrich and Ottley who are the same age as him

Bevab

Staff Member
Yah but it's not like they selected Bishop or McKenzie, instead Dowrich and Ottley who are the same age as him

If we’re talking ODI cricket I’d take him even now since he had a monstrous season and I’d be curious to see if his strike rotation has improved enough to not revert to block-bash cricket that he did in the past.

Bevab

Staff Member
They did get runs, not as many as Bravo though.

Is Haynes still their chief selector? He’s been utterly shite as a selector since he was brought in.

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
Ottley had a great domestic season and hasn't played internationals much, so they'd rather try him than someone who's been given so many chances
Post automatically merged:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/dean-elgar-to-retire-from-tests-after-india-series-1413931

Smart of him to pull the plug before his team finally loses their unbeaten series record in New Zealand. His experience will be a loss to the Proteas side but can’t say they’ll miss him as a player too much.
That makes me think who on earth will lead the SA side in NZ and how much weaker it's gonna look. Even Bavuma has an SA20 deal now. Imo he should cancel that and lead the team as he's not needed much for SREC anyway.

Viper.

County Cricketer
SRH...
Perth Scorchers
Profile Flag
Netherlands
So the side might look like this-

:saf: :bat: Tony de Zorzi
:saf: :bat: Neil Brand :c:
:saf: :bat: Keegan Petersen