Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

zaff4444

Club Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Would love if modded bat's have effect like certain modded bat's power etc...otherwise the modded bat just look's class but that is all it is,so to do justice for the bat's modder's i really hope this is added.

blockerdave

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
you're welcome

I'd just like some graphs.

this do anything for you?

attachment.php

Attachments

• graph.png
    graph.png
    3.2 KB · Views: 226

Chief

Panel of Selectors
Would love if modded bat's have effect like certain modded bat's power etc...otherwise the modded bat just look's class but that is all it is,so to do justice for the bat's modder's i really hope this is added.

That very much requires everyone to agree on which bats have more power etc. And also opens up the possibilities of exploits (Bat power - 5000% etc)

Always wanted to do this with licensed bats, but the probability of licensors agreeing to say that one bat was more "powerful" or just "betterer" than other were pretty slim (and pretty subjective)

grkrama

National Board President
Always wanted to do this with licensed bats, but the probability of licensors agreeing to say that one bat was more "powerful" or just "betterer" than other were pretty slim (and pretty subjective)

Cant it be done just based on bat thickness weight etc. So that way there is no better just like in real life.

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
That very much requires everyone to agree on which bats have more power etc. And also opens up the possibilities of exploits (Bat power - 5000% etc)

That would become like the Cricket 2002 cheat -Big Bat...:lol

StinkyBoHoon

National Board President
Another way of being "slicker" with the TV coverage would be for a players career debut at test level; show career First Class stats or similar. Its the little things that add up in this area. That's the one thing that American sports games do really well: especially the non-EA ones. MLB the Show have all of the situational stats that they show: pointing out record stats, even things like pointing out hot/cold streaks for particular players. It took them a fair few years to nail down, though...

Here you go!

I agree with this, with so much waiting about in this game a little more effort to make everything a bit more interesting would do wonders, a spider graph at a 50 and a 100 could be expanded upon so much more.

I'm not too keen on the idea of a manager mode, but I would like to see some sort of management aspects, players getting moved about in the order, players being dropped, regen players breaking through. In match discussion with your partner/captain would be nice too, your captain advising you to bowl a certain line, pepper a player with bouncers or you being told to rotate the strike or telling a tail ender to reign in their attacking instincts.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I agree with this, with so much waiting about in this game a little more effort to make everything a bit more interesting would do wonders, a spider graph at a 50 and a 100 could be expanded upon so much more.

I'm not too keen on the idea of a manager mode, but I would like to see some sort of management aspects, players getting moved about in the order, players being dropped, regen players breaking through. In match discussion with your partner/captain would be nice too, your captain advising you to bowl a certain line, pepper a player with bouncers or you being told to rotate the strike or telling a tail ender to reign in their attacking instincts.

Or even the option available to the career player to advise tailender on what you want him to do...Like a Pop up on screen with options of "Go aggressive, Defend, rotate strikes and take a single" which will in make the game even more interesting as it would depend on how we manage the game with the tailenders in ODI's or test to create crucial partnerships...Would be interesting...

zaff4444

Club Captain
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Cant it be done just based on bat thickness weight etc. So that way there is no better just like in real life.

:thumbs ..........well ross,is it possible for a future DBC14 patch?

MattW

Administrator
Admin
Big Ant
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Melbourne Stars
Profile Flag
Australia
I suppose a good first question would be whether the existing choice of bat models makes any difference in game?

jro786

School Cricketer
i think we need more licenced stadiums during career mode

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I suppose a good first question would be whether the existing choice of bat models makes any difference in game?

I would hope not coz if they do, then you should have the ability to change your bat mid-innings, i.e. a lighter bat to start the innings and probably a heavier bat towards the end (in shorter formats) where you can get more power into your shots.

Users who are viewing this thread