Features you want to see in next iteration of Big Ant Cricket

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Yep definitely agree with the batting/bowling records list.
Also maybe having a trophy cabinet for your career player to show which championship winning teams you were part of and also if you top the batting/bowling statistics for a competition, tour etc a medal or trophy for that too. Like:
Top run scorer in County Championship, Highest score of season etc and maybe the year shown too. I know I could go on and on about the different things that could be added but it would certainly aid the immersion into the career mode.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
I know I bang on about wanting more stats a lot, and after giving it some thought here are a few things I think could add to the career mode in future.

1: the commentary team talk about highest partenerships, best bowling figures, high scores (team and player) on the grounds you are playing on and a list to appear during cut scenes showing the top ten similar to what's seen on TV when you're nearing the said records. Possibly an achievement for getting in the list and another for topping it! (Record Breaker)

2: similarly as above for your player the commentary team mention when you've scored 1000 runs/50 wickets for the season (1st class) in game. Possibly an achievement also.

3: a calendar or dates for career and again the commentary could mention when you score 1000 runs in May (1st class) with possibly a new achievement for it.

4: a graphic showing your last few innings (6 maybe) and when playing internationals, your scores/wickets in the current series for the format you're playing.

5: birthday mentions from the comm team, "celebrates his b'day with a ton" "oh dear, a duck and on his b'day"(the least important request by far)

Adding to this the PA could also announce when certain records have been broken/achievements made.

Again I must stress in future games that when the player walks out to bat the graphic should be changed to show the stats correctly for the different formats as those similar to TV. eg for 1st class: M. I. NO. R. 50s. 100s. Av

@MattW you did some great graphics recently for things on the info bar etc and I wonder if you'd be interested in giving some of these a go, or anyone with a working knowledge of graphics etc.

On the subject of TV graphics, maybe it would be possible to show them slightly differently in the different countries matches are being played. Similar to say Sky in UK, Channel 9 in Aus, Star in India, Supersport(I think) in SA etc.
Finally, the player list when picking your team, should not just show a batting/bowling icon but the type of bowler/handedness etc.
There you go guys, ill try not to mention stats again(can't promise that though) and don't get me wrong, I love this game, I love the sport and DB14 IMO is a fantastic 1st effort, these are simply suggestions for improving my experience for future versions.
Some acceptable some not so but a suggestion is good for the game...

I would like to add this to the career in the next iteration:
-A graph showing the no.of matches played, runs scored and average year-by-year like the one they show in real life, would be great to analyze which year went good and which on not so...
-I would like the captain in career experimenting me with the position based on my performances like if I am very aggressive in the game , he might use me as a finisher..Or if I take my time in the middle and then score runs then a situation where the wickets have quickly fallen, the captain can get me in and ask to maintain the wicket and create a partnership.

Bluebagger

International Coach
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Talk about poor umpiring decisions I would love to see umpires have skill points if possible. You could make some very good umpires and some absolute shocking ones lol even give a home town bias skill for authentic 1980's frustration.

Ajh1977

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
@funnyadit agree with the graph/chart idea. That would be a good addition as would manhattan graphs for run chases. Its really like opening a can of worms for me when talking about stats/graphs etc! Why I became a bricklayer when I love cricket stats/records so much is beyond me! I wish I hadn't listened to the careers advisor at school(she told me to leave school ASAP and get a manual job) and bothered to knuckle down or indeed even turn up to school, a nice office job would certainly be better than working my plums off outside during the English winter!!

The_Pharoah

International Coach
I've probably posted in here previously but meh...I'll do it again. What I'd love to see in the next iteration of DB cricket:

- expanded career starting from 1 or 2 divisions below state
- ability to change the team depending on format
- improved batting AI ie. in a 4 day game...STOP trying to hit 6's off every ball! (Warner/Finch excepted)
- improved bowling ie. line and length esp from seam bowlers. Most of the time they spray everywhere.
- stop bowlers bowling around the wicket constantly, esp for fast bowlers. Or atleast limit it like it is IRL, not multiple times an over!!
- enhanced career mode similar to FIFA/2K/etc - social media, newspaper/internet articles, gossip, etc (eg. 'player x (you) in line for call up?' or something)
- enhanced shots eg. slog sweep, 'helicopter', etc
- ability to change the mindset of batsmen eg. go aggressive, or play nightwatchman or defend, etc
- more grounds

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
@funnyadit agree with the graph/chart idea. That would be a good addition as would manhattan graphs for run chases. Its really like opening a can of worms for me when talking about stats/graphs etc! Why I became a bricklayer when I love cricket stats/records so much is beyond me! I wish I hadn't listened to the careers advisor at school(she told me to leave school ASAP and get a manual job) and bothered to knuckle down or indeed even turn up to school, a nice office job would certainly be better than working my plums off outside during the English winter!!
Those and other stuffs like partnership will surely be there in the next iteration.....As BA have decided to support DBC 14 a bit longer I would expect surprises from them for the next iteration and would like to take their time required..

Last edited:

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
This is an idea, would be great if its possible:

Idea from GTA online where you can press the "select" button longer for getting a small pop up menu where you have many options, one of them is inventory having the ability to change the hats, sunglasses, and other stuffs..
Similarly if such a thing is possible then we can have change of bats [if they have different sizes for big hitting and defensive etc in the next iteration by gaining amount from the matches we play] and change from helmet to cap while batting...This can be something like the batsman graphics refreshing on the screen and change is made on screen...Same way what happens when we introduce close fielding in the game...

And the selection of bats and hats should be made available in the career mode home screen where we can modify the player and a shop where we can purchase high quality stuffs...
These things would make the career mode a different feel and would be a very improved version..

Luke Playtime

School Cricketer
Game Face feature like they have in Fifa.
I would like to use my own face for a career mode.
I have created teams with friends and members of my family.
I would love to be able to put peoples faces on the players so I can really play with and against them.

richowebbo

County Cricketer
This is an idea, would be great if its possible:

Idea from GTA online where you can press the "select" button longer for getting a small pop up menu where you have many options, one of them is inventory having the ability to change the hats, sunglasses, and other stuffs..
Similarly if such a thing is possible then we can have change of bats [if they have different sizes for big hitting and defensive etc in the next iteration by gaining amount from the matches we play] and change from helmet to cap while batting...This can be something like the batsman graphics refreshing on the screen and change is made on screen...Same way what happens when we introduce close fielding in the game...

And the selection of bats and hats should be made available in the career mode home screen where we can modify the player and a shop where we can purchase high quality stuffs...
These things would make the career mode a different feel and would be a very improved version..

There are so many things that need fixing in the gameplay, I don't think aesthetic stuff needs to be improved that much.

I think it would be good to have more Kit options, certainly throughout career mode, but personally I'd rather BA concentrated on fixing bowling and fielding.

I've not managed to get past season 1 in career, due to having every bug possible on all of my saves, but I've read that players play 'till they are in their 60's! So it would be good if they can sort out the Regen players for the next addition, if there is one.

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
There are so many things that need fixing in the gameplay, I don't think aesthetic stuff needs to be improved that much.

I think it would be good to have more Kit options, certainly throughout career mode, but personally I'd rather BA concentrated on fixing bowling and fielding.

I've not managed to get past season 1 in career, due to having every bug possible on all of my saves, but I've read that players play 'till they are in their 60's! So it would be good if they can sort out the Regen players for the next addition, if there is one.
FYI this is a feature which I have suggested for next iteration of the game not the current one....:D

cooks1st100

Panel of Selectors
I'd like to see a feature similar to that of Cricket Coach and be able to design bowling plans which then could be assigned to individual bowlers. The more skilled the bowler equals the better execution of the plan. This would improve the AI bowling a great deal and by being able to share the plans via the academy the possibilities would be endless.

A bowler could be assigned 5 plans for each: Attacking, Normal, Defensive. This would mean if you were to face a team with 5 bowlers you could potentially be facing 25 different ways the AI would be trying to take your wicket and each team could be set up uniquely.

D

Deleted member 149013

You make a custom team with your favourite players but they don’t have the traits of the real life players. An Anderson inswinger is the same as a Siddle inswinger (I can’t tell the difference). If there was a way to make the players traits more true to life and have it fixed so people can’t edit skills, this would improve the game for me.

Snowy

ICC Board Member
Profile Flag
Australia
If there was a way to make the players traits more true to life and have it fixed so people can’t edit skills, this would improve the game for me.

That would make sense if Peter Siddle and Jimmy Anderson weren't user created in the first place

Gamer Pradosh

Survival Games Champion
India
CSK
Survival Games Champion
Profile Flag
India
That would make sense if Peter Siddle and Jimmy Anderson weren't user created in the first place
BA can create all the attributes and skills as close to real life with fake names resembling the real name and make us create only the player model and other kits..For all the International teams, custom teams and other teams can be fully user created..
The whole team would be fake named like for David Warner they can put it as Dave Warmer etc...

Users who are viewing this thread