Pick up lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fake Passport

Mafia Mogul
There's a reason why this thread is in the Humour & Jokes' section.

There's a large part of me that thinks, that as a 30yo white male, I should keep out of this. However as the dad of two daughters I want to call you on that.

Saying something is ok under the pretence of humor doesn't validate it or diminish its inappropriatness. It's the most common defence to, but no different to a bully saying 'Its ok, I was only joking, lighten up!'

Now, most of these were posted long enough ago that there probably is a valid 'historical context' argument that can be made, given repidly changing attitudes but that's the argument, not that's it's a joke.

Just my $0.02...

D

Deleted member 46200

There's a large part of me that thinks, that as a 30yo white male, I should keep out of this. However as the dad of two daughters I want to call you on that.

Saying something is ok under the pretence of humor doesn't validate it or diminish its inappropriatness. It's the most common defence to, but no different to a bully saying 'Its ok, I was only joking, lighten up!'

Now, most of these were posted long enough ago that there probably is a valid 'historical context' argument that can be made, given repidly changing attitudes but that's the argument, not that's it's a joke.

Just my $0.02...
Well said and thanks, I don't see anything from the 1970s or through to the early 1990s. But it is an unfortunate that any 'little Dick' can say anything they want and touch when they want and then argue it was only banter or sorry 'dar lin' didn't see you there... Really? And if I don't appreciate their humour then obviously I'm on my period!!! Or, maybe I have had a hard day and are equally tired and run down as the average Joe?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread