Candidate Mafia | Mafia Wins! (Jack Ryder/Simon)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Yeah well played guys and as asprin said it was always me and him vs. you two which was always going to be very difficult for us. Very interesting setup, I enjoyed it. Only if we had active and helpful people playing.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
:facepalm My play is getting worse and worse with every game I play. Will see few games and try to learn and then participate so that I don't end up losing game for the team I play.

Although, I enjoyed arguing with almost everyone in the game except deadpool who was inactive for most of the time.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I will suggest you to post your thoughts straight to the point. Tbvh I didn't really understand most of your posts. They were long but had no real substance. Short and sweet always works.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
I'm going to be inactive, when it comes to Mafia at least, for about a month or so, so I think I'll bow out with some pointers that could go some way to setting you all on the right track.

The present Mafia contingent is still in it's infancy, but the enthusiasm that you show towards the game suggests that you are all definitely open to a bit of advice, which is encouraging.
I'm not trying to say I am seasoned by any means, but I've seen a few things that I think could be easily corrected.

Firstly, a lot of you that play as town incriminate yourselves without knowing. Simple things like not paying attention to the set-up before you sign-up, how many lynches are needed for the hammer and inactivity can set alarm bells ringing from the off.

It's not a real life werewolf board game where body language comes into play. You have time to sit back for a minute and have a little think before you post. Think about how other people are going to react to your play, how would you judge it if you were another player in the same game? That sort of thing.
At a very basic level, being a townie requires an honest mind-set that you should have nothing to fear, you're the one finding valid reasons to suspect others and not vice-versa. But others are well in their rights to analyse your play too, that's how the game works.

Facetious replies are also a big no-no. It can really mess up the game especially when there is no real need for it. It equates to what I like to refer to as shitposting, for lack of a better word. Or maybe spamming, if you will.
Light-heartedness is fine but full on causing mayhem for no apparent reason? Nah.

Mafia is also a game of deduction and not emotion. The latter has no place in the game whatsoever, we could really do without it in all honesty. Finding ways to picks holes in people's posts is fine, and quite fun at times too, particularly when you're playing as scum, but it can be done in a civilised way. The person on the receiving end should accept it as part of the game and articulate a response.

Oh, and one last thing, if I haven't mentioned it a dozen times before, be ACTIVE for heaven's sake. Nobody's asking you to post every second, just at a level enough to be able to contribute constructively to the game.
Inactivity is usually used as a tell by the town to determine somones alignment, so imagine the frustration when that certain someone turns out to be town! This goes back to what I said about thinking how others perceive your play. You are giving the Mafia a free kill by not taking part, if you are town too.
If you have have little interest in posting regularly or know full well that you will be busy, then please do the sensible thing and don't sign up. It's unfair on others in the game otherwise, so be considerate.
As this community grows, more games will pop up and you can always spectate the running ones too, which is fun to a certain extent as well.

I've probably had elements of some of these in my play before, but I actively try to limit them and I think you should all do the same.
If anyone else wants to add anything then feel free. Peace.

El Loco

PCPF Mod Chief Superintendent
ENG....
It's partly Deadpool's fault for his refusal to take part and also AliB and PresidentEvil deciding to go with User's lynch before that without paying much notice. Without posting their thought process it basically shifted the town's attention to them because they displayed scum behaviour without really needing to. Then obviously when they try and save face everyone thinks that it's just Mafia trying to salvage their position in the game, which never works out well.

The Mafia picked up on this and so nominated them for the lynch so that they were under the spotlight for the second Day and the rest is history.

Simon was the one who made the effort to analyse everyone's posts, which props you up in the game so didn't really arouse suspicion even though he was scum.
User saw signs and picked up on the premeditation but couldn't really push it through with no support from his team-mates.

Asprin didn't do himself any favours either by first dwelling on the set-up and then the mod-kill, which could easily be seen as a ploy to divert attention away from his play, even though he himself didn't realise what he was doing, so it goes back to what I said about putting some consideration into your play before you post.

Last edited:

asprin

Administrator
Admin
India
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Ironically the mod-kill would've worked against the Mafia if it wasn't for asprin's change of mind.
It was a "brain fade" moment. It never occurred to me that Jack could change his vote too. I was under the impression that it would be a tie and either User or Simon would have to change their vote.

Poor play, agreed.

Users who are viewing this thread