Newbie classic mafia - Endgame Mafia (Blitzberg, Simon win)

sos

International Coach
Online Cricket Games Owned
Can we get another chance? I liked the game. And yea I suspected blitzy from day1 but then my suspection bent towards Ahmad due to his inactivity. I thought blitzy was the doc. However, I was quite sure about simon.

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Then I would also like to join this too . :spy

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Haha. Funnily enough I loved your writeups for the Wild West game :) I find you strike a nice balance of crypticality (like cryptic and practicality blended together).

Not a bad idea though to maybe follow the basic newbie game with another similar setup but with more flavour in the writeups?

If you could start another sign-up thread I'll sort out the role/mentor assignments and get it started once we hit 7 :)

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
I wouldn't mind co-modding a custom setup at some point. Don't think I'd be a very good mentor tbh.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
I am in for the next one as a player if it's gonna finish as quickly as this one. :p

puddleduck

Chairman of Selectors
Having a second mod would be handy. Can help keep vote counts up to date (allegedly I have a habit of missing the odd one :p ) and make sure no one goes against the rules etc?

Will send you the role assignments. This will still probably be a very basic setup with 7 players for the newbies though, with just a bit of flavour for them to analyse on top of the gameplay so any that graduate with mafia honours can start getting involved in the experienced games :) Be good if we could get some nice big games going again with two factions in them. Barmy's Mario Puzo mafia game looked really interesting.

I have got a nice idea for a themed setup though that I'll get setup within the month.

Last edited:

Sedition

Panel of Selectors
Yeah sounds good to me. Haven't modded one yet, so co-modding a newbie one is a good start. Gonna shoot you a PM with a basic idea I have for one and can maybe merge our ideas or something if they're similar at all :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Right some learning points for you which you can all choose to ignore...

1. Role claiming - the two players who are (or should be) safe from being lynched are the Cop and Doctor. They role claim by telling the other players in the game what their role is. This is not advised on day 1 as then the mafia will know who to target at night but is essential at LyLo (see above) where the town need as much information as possible to lynch correctly.
2. Quick-hammering - in any given situation the mafia usually only need one or two townies to vote with them. This is why vanilla townies are so important. If you lynch rather than FOS you may be allowing the mafia to quick-hammer.
3. Defence - anyone is who is close to being hammered should be allowed to defend themself. This may be as simple as pointing out the scummy behaviour of others or more importantly it may give them the chance to role claim. Not allowing players a defence only helps the mafia (especially in games where roles aren't revealed on death).
4. Tells - this is the hardest but most important part of the game; figuring out who is mafia based not on guesswork but on their play. The most common mafia tell is knowing more than you should. Others include not contributing to discussion to fly under the radar. A third is allowing others to make all the running on challenging and FOSing people. I would urge all new players, if they have the time, to read some of the older games firstly not knowing who the mafia are and trying to tell and secondly reading them once they know who the mafia are. Start by re-reading this game and trying to find hints that Blitzberg and Anish/Simon were mafia. All of the experienced mentors picked something as a tell on Blitzberg. That said it's easy to appear scummy (Aditya has made a career of it) when you are in fact town and that can result in your play being hard to read (or you getting lynched off a lot).

Users who are viewing this thread