Newbie Mafia 3: Sport Star Mafia - Endgame (mafia win)

BKB1991

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Framing two people in a game of 9 certainly disadvantages the town. Considering the cop is down to investigate only 6 people remaining correctly. And how will he know if he got it right?

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
The idea obviously is that the framer is only successful once and after that the town will realise what's going on.

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The idea obviously is that the framer is only successful once and after that the town will realise what's going on.

There's a catch though.

Framer (two-person) is not a role to be used in an 8-player newbie mafia game where the game only lasts for three days or so. It's a much advanced role and requires cleverness, both by the wielder, mafia and town. It'd make the cop a mere useless role, which I think shouldn't happen in an 8th player newbie game, especially if the cop receives his results as town/anti-town. If he was there in this game, he'd have to be countered by other killing roles, like the SK/killing cult, but then it'd make the game non-newbie.

Although I have to admit it became quite obvious in this game from the write-up that there was a framer, or if not obvious it was likely. After Mani's miller claim, people should have questioned him, especially experienced players (relatively speaking) like Themer and Haarithan. Mani did play a very good game though, and he and Ben timed their claims and arguments perfectly. Deserves the MVP.

I have no idea why Haari was lynched. I thought Themer and Pepper were far more suspicious at that time. Unlike AP. Imagine posting your delayed defence, then posting a post to say that was your defence, and still not claiming, one vote from hammer and with a power role.

It's quite obvious why Haarithan was lynched. See it from the mafia's perspective.

I have no problem with the thread locking at night, but in a newbie game, you could also bar the mafia from conversing during daytime. Doesn't really matter though, I'd rather have a locked thread than something that happened in the Video Game mafia.

Manly

Thor
Yeah we were blocked from day time comms. Night time thread-lock is the way forward as far as I'm concerned.

As for my claim, although weak, I think I couldn't have timed it better. As many have said Haarithan was scrabbling for his life so I could slip it in there. Had Abhas been alive he would have doubtless picked up on it.

FAO Abhas: I killed you purely because you would have stopped us winning. I think there is no greater compliment in this game.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
I agree with Varun. The framer was way too powerful and I firmly believe that is why we lost.

:spy

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Yeah we were blocked from day time comms. Night time thread-lock is the way forward as far as I'm concerned.

As for my claim, although weak, I think I couldn't have timed it better. As many have said Haarithan was scrabbling for his life so I could slip it in there. Had Abhas been alive he would have doubtless picked up on it.

FAO Abhas: I killed you purely because you would have stopped us winning. I think there is no greater compliment in this game.

It's a compliment that Abhas is becoming a bit tired of! ;)

Too true. I really want to play the anonymous mafia where atleast I can play a game thinking I won't be targeted first night :p
Knowing I'm going to die really soon makes me play a risky/rash game at times. Sometimes it helps the town, sometimes it doesnt.

Thanks for the compliment.. though next time, leave me alone :p

hedger_14

ICC Chairman
haha, I do feel sorry for Abhas. It's always disappointing to die on Night 1 or 2 just because you are good at the game. I suppose the doc can protect him but it's hard to do that every night.

Users who are viewing this thread