Mario Puzo mafia - Endgame (Yudi, Iri, Swirler, Smurf and Manly win)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Day 6

Once the cop had picked him out he was under pressure. Strategy wasn't his thing, he was more the strong silent, hitman type. With his guilt plain to everyone Papa Smurf applied the finishing garotte, "Where's your bullet proof vest now Brasi?"

Zohaib is dead. He was Luca Brasi, Corleone Aligned.

Vote count

Zohaib - 4 (Yudi, iridescentt, Manly, Papa Smurf)
Yudi - 1 (Zohaib)

With 6 alive it takes 4 to lynch.

They thought the game was over but it wasn't quite yet. Just 5 remained alive.

It is now night 6. Night roles to me please (quickly!).

CremerCurrans

ICC Chairman
SA.....
ZIM...
Profile Flag
Zimbabwe
Sorry for not being active everyone. went away for easter, and didn't get a chance to come on to pc, while I was away. I'm all set for the rest of the game. :)

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Endgame

There was only one man left who he was worried about. A man with influence who could prove awkward to get rid of.
He approached him again and made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

It looked like the gang war was over. He relayed back the news to his boss, "he may be a Corleone but he won't seek revenge. He's too pathetic."

She had lost her loved one early and tried to stay out the way afterwards. She was happy to leave the city and head back to New England.

He had his girls, he had his hotels. He was more than happy to leave New York behind him. As always he thought more of himself than anyone else.

Don Barzini was dead, Don Corleone was dead. Now there only one man left with the power to run the city. Don Tessio sat back and smiled.

It's endgame and there are 5 winners:

Yudi aka Salvatore Tessio, Barzini Aligned
iridescentt aka Captain Mark McCluskey, Barzini Aligned
Swirler aka Jack Woltz, Barzini Aligned
Manly aka Fredo Corleone, Civilian Aligned
Papa Smurf aka Kay Adams, Civilian Aligned

I'll post night roles, quicktopics and reviews later. The Barzini played very well especially User2010 and Themer with Yudi doing well at the end. The Corleone players were so disrupted by changes it was a bit hard for them to get going and analyse the write-ups and play.

Themer

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Well done Yudi. Liked the set up with two Mafia teams though the activity was a bit on the low side?

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Well played Yudi to pull it off. Well done everyone on the win. Good game, well done Colin, really liked it.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'm quite glad it's over. It was very frustrating having to replace so many people. Tom, for example, hasn't been online for about 2 weeks.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Roles

Don Corleone ? The Godfather ? Corleone Aligned
You are the original Godfather and you must protect your family not just from the forces of law and order but also from the other 5 families who are trying to muscle you out. As the Godfather you can kill every night but you might wish you had made certain of someone?s alignment before killing them. If you go after folk blindly civilians are gonna get hurt ? even your own family.
To keep you safe from harm you will appear as Civilian the first time you are investigated and may claim to be Appollonia Vitelli.
Your win condition is to destroy Don Barzini and his family.
Hidden: Role cop will show vanilla first time too.

Sonny Corleone ? the recruiter ? Corleone Aligned
You need to help your pop if you?re gonna win this war. Your job is to get the word out that family is in trouble. Every night you can recruit one person to the family?s cause. Be careful who you try to recruit though. It would be pretty sweet if you could recruit some political muscle or someone with influence. They?re bound to be of help to the family. Every night you can PM me the name of one person whom you wish to recruit. If you are successful they will join your family immediately and be told that you recruited them. You may send orders to them once a day via PM (through the game mod) after recruiting them.
Hidden: can recruit all civilian-aligned players except Kay/Carmela.

Pete Clemenza ? the jailkeeper ? Corleone Aligned
You?re a tough guy and you know it. As caporegime your job is to protect your bosses and you do that by getting them out the way and beefing up the security. Unfortunately whilst this keeps your boss safe it also means he can?t carry out any tasks he was meant to do. You can protect others too, maybe you find that someone else in the family is under threat. What you can?t do is jailkeep the same person two nights in a row.

Lucca Brasi ? the strongman ? Corleone Aligned
You are deeply loyal to Don Corleone and will perform any service he asks of you. Due to your strength and power you?re not an ordinary hitman. If you whack someone he stays whacked, no matter about role blockers and doctors. You?re that good. You only get 2 kills so use them wisely. You are also the owner of a bullet proof vest.
Hidden: Bullet proof vest prevents one night kill.

Tom Hagen ? the role cop ? Civilian Aligned
There?s some mistrust between you and Sonny and you?re out for now as consigliore. You gotta find Sonny or the Don and talk to them about it. Even from the outside you can be of use to the family. You can choose one person every night and find out what their role is. This information could be vital if you ever manage to talk to Sonny. The Barzini family are on the look out for you too. They?d sure love to recruit you so keep your head done, ok.
Each day choose one person to rolecop and each night search one person to see if they are Sonny or Don Corleone.
Your win condition is to destroy Don Barzini and his family
Hidden: if recruited by Barzini family is given choice to join or not. If not then dies. If recruited by Corleone given access to quicktopic. Shows as Corleone on death.

Don Barzini ? Inquisitor ? Barzini Aligned
You?ve got no time for the Corleone family. The old man is past it and it?s your turn to shine. You are recruiting people for your cause and you won?t take no for an answer. Every night you PM the name of someone you would like to join the Barzini family and believe me there?s some pretty useful people out there. You?ll make them an offer they can?t refuse and if they do then Boom.
You may claim to be Felix Bocchicchio, civilian aligned, if questioned.
Your win condition is to destroy the Corleone family.
Hidden: has bodyguard (Carlo). Can recruit McCluskey, Jack, Jules, Fredo, Pat, Michael (1 refusal) and Tom (given choice). Kay, Brasi, Clemenza, Sonny, Vito, Carmela killed.

Virgil Solozzo ? Jack of All Trades ? Barzini Aligned
Your star is rising and your influence with it. Once Don Corleone is dead, and Don Barzini out of the way you can start your own family. Because of this you?re also the usurper. For now you use your prized narcotics to help destroy the Corleones. You have 5 different kinds of drug you can use. The first will silence your target for the next day, the second will make them forget to carry out their night role thus acting as a role block, the third will make them careless and reveal their role in the game to you, the fourth will save them from certain death and the final one will kill slowly and painfully. Therefore you must choose a drug each night: Silencer, role blocker, role cop, doctor, killer
Your win condition is to destroy the Corleone family but only once Don Barzini is dead.
Hidden: Kill drug works on next night.

Philip Tattaglia ? Tracker ? Barzini Aligned
You ain?t got many brains yourself but with Don Barzini behind you could still go far. Alongside him and Solozzo you must plan the destruction of the Corleone family without revealing your own personal interest. You?ve got a few foot-soldiers you can use at night time so trail people so that makes you the tracker. Knowledge is power, eh?
Your win condition is to destroy the Corleone family.

Captain Mark McCluskey ? Cop ? Civilian Aligned
You may not have many principles but you certainly have influence. With the power of the NYPD you can investigate anyone else in the game and find our their alignment. You?re also recruitable and you can be sure that the Corleone and Barzini families will come looking for you. You?re don?t care who you serve as long as you get plenty of lettuce. If you are recruited you can be sure that the family will help protect you too.
Your win condition is to survive to the end without being killed.

Michael Corleone ? Vanilla ? Civilian Aligned
This isn?t your war. You?re out the army and your pop has great plans for you ? senator, governor, the sky?s the limit. Mind you these wars can be dirty and you want to make sure that Kay is all right. Every night you may PM the names of 2 people to discover if they are Kay or not. Once you find her you may communicate at night time and help keep her safe.
Your win condition is to find Kay and protect her. You win if she survives. Hidden: joins Corleone Family if Sonny and Vito killed. Killed if refuses to join Don Barzini when recruited but gets one refusal first. Becomes new godfather. Can?t kill as Godfather if found Kay.

Kay Adams ? Vanilla ? Civilian Aligned
You?re so proud of Michael that he?s been able to stay out the family business. You don?t where he?s got to though and you?re getting a bit worried. As a civilian you ought to be off limits so if anyone tries to kill you at night time they?ll realise their mistake in time. Right? Your win condition is to survive and to keep Michael out of the clutches of the family.

Hidden: if Michael becomes GF win condition is that he doesn?t kill anyone. Can be targeted twice by Corleone before killed.

Jack Woltz ? triple voter ? Civilian Aligned
You?re rich, powerful and successful. No-one can push you around, right? Right? As the head of a major film studio you carry plenty of influence in society. You?ve even had dinner at the White House. For this reason you?re the triple voter. Personally you?d be happiest if all the Guinea-wop Kraut-Mick goons dropped dead and left you alone. Your job is to get them lynched off. All of them.
Your win condition is to lynch off anyone you suspect is a Corleone or Barzini and be alive at the end.

Fredo Corleone ? Jack of All Trades ? Civilian Aligned
Even though you?re in the business no-one has a very high opinion of your talents, not even you. To all intents and purposes you?re a civilian. Your life would be better if everyone just left you alone. You?ve picked up one or two tricks from Sonny and your pop and you can try them out at night time. You can role detect, role block and save someone. These can be used only once each. Your win condition is to survive. You?re quite happy to align with whoever is most powerful be it the Civilians, Corleone and Barzini. If someone gets lynched who isn?t you you?re happy.

Hidden: None of roles work. Role detect gives Barzini or civilian. Role block fails, protect fails. Win condition changes with alignment.
Joins Barzini if Michael becomes Godfather after Vito/Sonny dead.

Jules Segal ? Doctor ? Civilian Aligned
You had to leave New York after some unfortunate business involving backstreet abortions but you?re still one of the best doctors around. Fredo keeps you busy these days knocking up cocktail waitresses but you?re always keeping an eye out for your friends. Every night you can PM the name of one person who you want to protect.

Your win condition is to survive to the end of the game. As a doctor your first duty is to your patients and you?ll treat anyone who needs it. If they pay well so much then better.

Carmela Corleone ? Priest ? Civilian Aligned
You?re the rock that holds your family together. You know the score but you love them all despite their faults. You won?t get involved in the family business though and you spend a long time praying for your husband?s soul; that?s why you?re the priest. You cannot cast a hammer vote. Keep your head down as well. Even though you?re a civilian the Barzini family would love nothing more than to hurt Vito through you.
Your win condition is to help protect your family from the Barzini. You win if the Corleone family win and you?re still alive.
Hidden: Fredo cannot be killed by Corleone while alive. Unrecruitable and unkillable by Corleone.

Pat Geary ? Governor ? Civilian Aligned
God damn it you hate these guineas. You?d like nothing more than to shoot the lot of them. Corleone, Barzini, you don?t care. As a senator you have certain powers over the mob and as such you can prevent a lynch on one occasion by PMing me to let me know. Even though you hate all mafia-types should the money be right you?d be happy enough to help them out if approached.
Your win condition is to lynch off anyone you suspect is a Corleone or Barzini.

Salvatore Tessio ? Watcher and Traitor ? Individual Aligned
You?re an impressive man and you?ve run Brooklyn like clockwork for the Corleones for years. Recently you?ve been thinking about offering your services elsewhere. If investigated you will appear as Corleone Aligned so best let the Barzini know that you?re available. In fact you can use night time to try and find him.
If you are recruited by the Barzini you will be able to share your knowledge and experience with them by watching someone each night to see who visits them. If you are recruited by the Corleone you will still have to try and serve the Barzini without arousing suspicion. Every night you should PM two names; one whom you want to watch and another to search and see if they are Don Barzini.
Your win condition is to survive to the end of the game.
Hidden ? Can be recruited by both families. PM contact for both. If investigated by Barzini shows as Barzini aligned.

Carlo Rizzi ? Vanilla ? Barzini Aligned
You?re playing a dangerous game but you should be safe from the Corleone and the Barzini if both think you?re on their side. Because of that you can?t be killed at night. The Barzini family don?t really trust you so you don?t actually know who the other family members are. Once you find out you can try to help them win. If investigated you will come up as civilian aligned.

Your win condition is to help the Barzini family destroy the Corleone family.
Hidden: bodyguard for Don Barzini.

Not used

[Rocco Lampone ? bodyguard ? Corleone Aligned
You?re still only a button man but you?ve made your bones. You?re also smart and resourceful enough to be able to avoid getting killed at night. Because of the buffer system the family use you don?t actually know who the other family members are but you know you?ll lay your life down for the godfather if you need to. If investigated you will come up as civilian aligned.

Your win condition is to help the Corleone family destroy the Barzini family.
Hidden: bodyguard for Don Corleone]

[Johnny Fontaine ? Actor ? Civilian Aligned
Even though Vito is your Godfather you tend to look after number 1. You don?t much like any of the goons the Don surrounds himself although they?ve been useful to you in the past. If the Don asks you to perform a service for him you can?t refuse but if the Barzini family come knocking you can?t exactly say no to them either. Your job is to survive to the end hiding behind whichever godfather is most powerful.
As the actor you can only vote for someone when they are one vote from the hammer.
Your win condition is to survive to the end without being killed.]

A few general points about the set-up. Even though it was a recruiting game I didn't want too many players with access to the quicktopic. Hence when someone was recruited they had to communicate via PM via me with the person who recruited them.
The exceptions to this were Tom Hagen and Sal Tessio who were searchers and Michael who was a backup godfather.
What I planned on doing was allowing someone to be promoted to the quicktopic after a death in true mafia style.

As you can see from the hidden info there were various scenarios that could have happened and I was prepared to tweak things as I went along if required. The only change I really made was to not allow BKB (the doctor) to communicate with the Corleone in terms of who to protect as that would have given them a jailkeeper and a doctor effectively. He had to either protect Aditya who recruited him or guess.

QTs
Spectator
Corleone
Barzini

I tried to give useful clues in the write-ups but I don't like screwing players and guaranteeing their death through the write-ups so I kept it vague and suggestive most the time. That said there was very little analysis of them in either mafia QT and once User2010 and Themer started analysing properly the game really shifted towards them.

I'll attach the excel file for the night roles as it's too complicated to post. Should be pretty straight-forward.

Finally we had 5 winners because Smurf and Manly had a survive win condition not a kill all mafia one. Swirler was recruited on the final night which changed his win condition to destroy all threats to the Barzini family and Kay and Fredo weren't threats.

Attachments

• puzo mafia.xlsx
    16.6 KB · Views: 24

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Good job Colin, besides the activity everything was brilliant. And darn the killers, all those were being killed were the active players. :p

Great game by Manly and Yudi. Iridescent as well.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
Hell yeah! My first major game victory and that too comes as a mafia, quite an achievement for me considering I am often lynched even though I'm town. Loved playing the game, although the activity at the end was a little disappointing.

I think I've played pretty well, and hopefully I get the MVP! ;) :D

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
MVP is really difficult as it's between you and User2010. I'm going to give it to him though as you got the win.

AbhishekS

Chairman of Selectors
MVP is really difficult as it's between you and User2010. I'm going to give it to him though as you got the win.
No issues. Agreed that had he not played so well, things would have been a little more difficult for me.

Users who are viewing this thread