Ashes to Ashes Mafia - Endgame (SK win)

ste_mc_efc

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
think lazyness on my part cost the town here, had a solid post to make but left it too late and some people hammered manly.

I don't know how thedon got such a free ride, so obviously not town, and my RHKPR/Swirler theory was correct too.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Oh I'm giving MVP to Callum as when he was alive the town was actually making sense.

----------

Role PMs

Ashley Kerekes ? Tracker ? Town Aligned
You are @TheAshes. As a keen user of Twitter you know what pretty much everyone else is up to just by reading their timelines. Each night you can choose one person and follow them to find out if they went out and who they visited. Will you be able to save the day?
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated if you?re still alive.

David Bowie ? Faith Healer ? Town Aligned
You took some pretty weird stuff in the 60s and you?ve got a decent collection of lotions and potions for all situations. If someone is sick you can help save them. Even if you get the right person though you?ve only got a 50% chance of helping them.
You win when all threats to the town have been eliminated if you?re still alive.
[Hidden: Can only save poisoned players on night after poisoned. Can save SK targets]

Gene Hunt ? Cop ? Town Aligned
You?re on the side of law and order but sometimes you know that you don?t always follow policy and procedures to the letter. Your gut has got you this far and you?re damned if you?re going to change the way you work now. Each night you can submit the name of one player and find out if they are Guilty or Innocent.
[Hidden: paranoid cop]

Alex Drake ? Cop ? Town Aligned
You?ve brought modern forensic policing to misogynistic 80s London although no-one is exactly queuing up to thank you. You?re a good copper and you?re rarely wrong about people. Each night you can submit the name of one player and find out if they are Guilty or Innocent.

Tim Wheeler ? Bomb ? Town Aligned
You thought this was a fan convention full of sycophants and instead you?re with a bunch of weirdoes most of whom don?t even seem to care that you?re famous. Luckily you brought your Russian security guards with you. They?ll make sure that if anyone gets too close there will be hell to pay. If you are lynched the player who hammered you will be killed too.

Malachy McCourt ? Drunk ? Town Aligned
You don?t know where your fans are but there?s an open bar so you?re getting stuck in. You?ve not really got much interest in what?s going on anyway to be honest. None of them knew how hard it was back then in Limerick. Your lynches each day will be randomly determined by the game moderator. You must lynch as instructed and you cannot remove or change your lynch. Nor can you justify it by revealing your role. If you do you will be mod killed.
[Hidden: double voter]

Ian Botham ? Role Blocker ? Town Aligned
A hero with bat and ball in the 1981 Ashes you?re here to help the town defeat the mafia. You?ve decided that the best way you can do this is to go drinking with a different person each night and get them so drunk they won?t be able to remember who they are, let alone perform any jobs they might have had. That makes you the role blocker. Submit one name each night and they will be prevented from carrying out their night action.

Edvard Munch ? Serial Killer ? Individual Aligned
You?re most famous for your painting The Scream but you also painted another famous work called Ashes. Expecting to be the centre of attention of this event you?re most upset to find otherwise. So upset in fact you?re decided to recreate some scenes from your most famous work... Every odd numbered night you can give me the name of a player whom you wish to kill. Come morning they?ll have a knife between their ribs.
You win when you?re the last player alive.
[Hidden: can?t be night killed when using killing role]

Ricky Ponting ? Bullet Proof ? Mafia Aligned
You?re a villain aren?t you? The man who lost the Ashes three times. Every time you hear that word it makes you want to kill. You will have to rely on your colleague to do that though as your role is bulletproof. If anyone tries to kill you at night they will fail.
You win when all threats to the mafia have been eliminated if you?re still alive.

David Attenborough ? Poisoner ? Mafia Aligned
You thought this was a convention on trees but fortunately you?ve met a nice man named Ricky Ponting and he?s looking after you. He?s especially interested in what you know about nature?s defences and natural poisons. In fact you reckon if you put your mind to it you could poison pretty much everyone here without anyone knowing.
Each night you and Ricky decide on a target to test your poisons on. If you are successful they will die the night after you administer the poison.
You win when all threats to the mafia have been eliminated if you?re still alive.

Abhas

Retired Administrator
Your play was 95% right in going back and looking at the old write-ups, you just became convinced that the reason your kill failed was due to a commute rather than SK not being able to be targeted by mafia on killing (odd numbered) nights.
Damn. Swirler always agreed with whatever crap I came up with :p

WORLD CHAMPIONS

PC Battrick Cup Champion S17
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I told you guys, Don could be the don over here and i Abhas, as i thought he is the Mafia. Well played Don :)

When is the next Mafia game coming up ;)

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Brilliant! Absolutely brilliant that Abhas did not win! I am ecstatic! Yay!!! :cheers

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
I'd just like to point out that it was thedon who killed you this time not Abhas ;)

----------

Also Edvard Munch's Ashes

ashes-1894.jpg

and Scream:

20090829082327!The_Scream.jpg

Varun

ICC Board Member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Brilliant game by thedon! I know I should've contributed more to the game, but at least I had the right idea investigating thedon. Too bad I was paranoid. Just couldn't give enough time and effort in the game.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Abhas, I want to set the scores straight in future games!

On a serious note, well played theDon. Although, I hate you for killing me. :mad

thedon5

Panel of Selectors
Yeah I have no idea why no-one questioned my claim. I also have no idea how I won, I felt other than day 5 I played a bit of a shocker but in the end unintentionally things went my way. I wanted to play as a townie for example, but I was killing and lynching a lot of townies (but this ended up working, as ste and Manly would have gotten me lynched off if they were alive!). I was certain one of ste and Manly were Mafia.... Shows how well Abhas and swirler played up until their 'claim'.

The main reason I claimed vengeful townie is it slightly makes sense with the role PM I made and if you look at Scream and Ashes out of all possible role claims it was vengeful townie. Commuter was on my shortlist as was vanilla townie but I think I made the right choice. Isn't vengeful townie meant to be a scummy claim?

Edvard Munch guys, next time search the characters up. He is deranged and unlikely to be a townie (then again Attenborough is unlikely to be Mafia!).

Oh and sorry Abhas for the last part. I guess I finally answered your question, I was intentionally dodging it haha.... Also I completely understood what you were saying, sorry for the completely idiotic replies I was giving you, that was part of the act and I had to do it, I'm sure you wanted to shout many expletives at me;). I was actually sitting there laughing whenever I posted due to me visualising your possible reaction and frustration to them:p.

Why wasn't I poisoned on day 1?

Users who are viewing this thread