Expert Cop Mafia 1 - Endgame Town win

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Alright, let me tell you why I lynched Aditya there. I saw Smurf unlynched him. So, thought I'd lynch him putting some random reason and see what Smurf does. He jumped on the wagon. There was a thought behind that. But, I must say, Haari and Smurf's convo at previous page after my post did confuse me but, still I didn't lynch Aditya for that reason. All I hoped was Haari doesn't lynch Aditya before Smurf, if he actually does. That's what Haari did.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
But this just me being bitter, you guys. Congrats on the win :thumbs

MVP to User.

----------

Alright, let me tell you why I lynched Aditya there. I saw Smurf unlynched him. So, thought I'd lynch him putting some random reason and see what Smurf does. He jumped on the wagon. There was a thought behind that. But, I must say, Haari and Smurf's convo at previous page after my post did confuse me but, still I didn't lynch Aditya for that reason. All I hoped was Haari doesn't lynch Aditya before Smurf, if he actually does. That's what Haari did.

Obviously I would have lynched. Didn't matter which way you look at it:

A) I was cop and knew he was mafia.

B) I was mafia and knew he was cop.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
It's a tricky call when you know someone will die if you choose no lynch. I reckon you got a bit hasty and could have paid for it.
My MVP is probably User as well although Smurf had his back against the wall early and fought well.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Kudos to Smurf, his and Haari's convo had me thinking.

Your gameplay is full of fail it's tragic to read at times.

I lynched Aditya straight-away, came to the conclusion of who was who straight away and that was all I could do. This isn't a normal game. Obviously, at the end it was either me or Aditya, and the wrong choice would be deadly. If you guys needed some time to decide, and you did ask for it, that's why I changed my lynch. You either gamble now, or be sure by tomorrow. It doesn't affect me one bit cos I know I'll win either way.

This post. Because of this, I lynched Smurf.

----------

Obviously I would have lynched. Didn't matter which way you look at it:

A) I was cop and knew he was mafia.

B) I was mafia and knew he was cop.

Yes, that's what struck after you and Haari were discussing. But, when the frustration showed in your post, I felt something not quiet right. So, I went for it. Lucky, absolutely. But, some thought too. Completely random, doesn't matter. :p

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
That was me pissed off more than anything. Didn't think it was too suspicious though, especially considering the circumstances.

And another game in which Abhas didn't win :D Always a plus.

And I'm off. Good game Colin - really liked the idea behind this.

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Haari, please, no more algorithms in future. They got me thinking for no reason most of the time.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Smurf, consider this:

We know that user/me is paranoid/insane.

If I'd been paranoid and investigated you, and was killed over night => i'd been dead and User would have been insane without knowing if he was insane/paranoid during his investigation of Adi, which he'd have got mafia aligned since Adi's actually town.

So how would he have come to a conclusion tomorrow between whose mafia among you/Adi without knowing whether he was paranoid or insane? :rolleyes

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
So wait. Did User actually win a game?
Yes.

And, I have won two games before. I still regret not winning HP mafia. My best game ever!

----------

I loved to play the game as well. Thanks Colin. Out of nowhere you made this thing, and I liked it.

barmyarmy

Retired Administrator
Smurf, consider this:

We know that user/me is paranoid/insane.

If I'd been paranoid and investigated you, and was killed over night => i'd been dead and User would have been insane without knowing if he was insane/paranoid during his investigation of Adi, which he'd have got mafia aligned since Adi's actually town.

So how would he have come to a conclusion tomorrow between whose mafia among you/Adi without knowing whether he was paranoid or insane? :rolleyes

The point is that Smurf knew which of you was insane/paranoid. Therefore he would have killed you (insane) and hoped that User investigated you and not Aditya.
Had User investigated Aditya he would have known he was paranoid and thus that you were insane. Working backwards your result on Smurf meant he was mafia... :)

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer

Because he's already investigated me. He investigates Aditya and finds Aditya is mafia. That would leave each of his result as mafia - meaning he's paranoid. And as we already know, in that situation, I would have been mafia.

And vice-versa with you.

----------

Basically what Colin's said.

Papa_Smurf

International Cricketer
If you investigated me Haari, you would have got the result town. That would leave you as insane - as you know your result on Abhas was mafia. And again, working back, the only scenario that would have been possible was me being mafia.

Haarithan

Chairman of Selectors
Yeah, that's right. My bad, sorry.

----------

Haari, please, no more algorithms in future. They got me thinking for no reason most of the time.

The first one I employed was a failure :p, but then I did successfully bring it down to Smurf/Adi over my next analysis. :spy

----------

And an indirect thank you to Colin - he waiting for Adi pretty much confirmed that Adi did have a non-lethal night role, which's obviously a town aligned one. :D

Users who are viewing this thread