Kshitiz's Cricket Sim 09 Discussion/Testing

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
The last time I tried, it compiled with Visual Studio 2012 or 2013 successfully, I don't remember which. Will probably not compile on Linux and other systems since it uses Windows system calls.

Indeed, it is horrible code, but I don't have the time to re-write it yet keep the logic intact.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
The last time I tried, it compiled with Visual Studio 2012 or 2013 successfully, I don't remember which. Will probably not compile on Linux and other systems since it uses Windows system calls.

Indeed, it is horrible code, but I don't have the time to re-write it yet keep the logic intact.
I tried to compile it with turbo C++ but there are 20+ errors with 10+ warnings. And the error is mainly because my software library does'nt contain files like iostream ,fchar etc...

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Okay. Try compiling with Visual C++ Express, which should be free. It should have all those dependencies.

When creating the project in VC++ Express, choose a "Win32 Console Application".

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels
Feel free. If you're a coder who's accustomed with Version control and collaboration (or if there's anyone else) I can create a GitHub project with the source and you can send any patches there. I'll be happy to merge them.

Sorry, I haven't really had the time to fix the issues in CS15. I'm unlikely to find any time for this in November too; hopefully in December!
I'm still learning the C++ coding, would be great if you can start the GitHub project then I'll too try a hand.

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
I'm willing to give another look at fixing CS15 with the number of bugs you people are encountering so you can start using it.

Can someone around here please make a list of the current issues in CS15 (compared to CS09; that is, issues which weren't there in CS09)? I'll spend some time and fix these, if possible. @AliB @Sodium @Sam. @Gaurav

Please feel free to tag anyone else too who might be able to help with it.

Cheerio!

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
@Kshitiz_Indian i know you are not in to this to repair or debug CS15 anymore... but if you had time to look on it and fix ducks [out for 0] which happens in every single matches [even we can predict 3-4 ducks every match], CS15 could be a decent T20 sim for us...

it's happen with both Top [2-3] and Lower order [3-5] in almost every match combined both innings... if top order not got out on duck, they still play badly and got out below 10 runs [even it happens with good rated batsman]...
when i last used this sim, i had only problem with number of ducks in a match... other than that, i didn't noticed much... maybe @Na Maloom Afraad is the right person tell about bugs in this sim... he use this simulator a lot...

RUDI

Administrator
Admin
SRH...
Champions League Winner
@Kshitiz_Indian a couple of suggestions for CS15 (not simulator engine related):
  • Add Power plays
  • Add tournament setup with fixtures
  • Allow the option to manually save the match after simulation ( in some cases it occasionally happen that league managers play around with ratings mid tournaments, allowing the option to manually save will help league managers not to have to manually update stats when they might have made a mistake or want to resim the match )
  • Nett runrate updater (Will assist league managers to use the simulator standings directly without having to manually construct standing tables etc.)

Pinch hitter

Smash… Smash… Smash!
India
RCB...
Avengers
@Kshitiz_Indian continuing Rudi's suggestion list, i like add couple more to it...
  • simplify player editor in Edit Team option like in cricsim... currently we have to put player name, role and every thing like we do when we create a team... but in cricsim we don't need to re-write player name or role or ratings, we can edit only part we like to and save it...
  • if possible, cut down possibility on golden ducks... as now we get more than one ducks in 8 out of 10 matches...

Kshitiz_Indian

Executive member
Okay, all of those are feature requests (apart from one) and not bugs. :p I'm pretty sure I won't be able to do feature requests. Anyone who wants to try is welcome - the source is open.

I can take a look at the ducks thing when I next look. The problem is that its also a simulation engine related bug, so will need a fair bit of testing time.

AliB

ICC President
India
AFG...
Mumbai Indians
Adelaide Strikers
X Rebels

Users who are viewing this thread