1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
hi still need -
1-Very easy singles in the circle,fielders need to be fast

2-fast bowling to left handlers is very predictable

3-straight shot sometimes loops up and can be a catch

4-getting 3s hardly happens

5-I hv not seen anybody diving at the boundary line

6- some sitters r dropped ,as well as misfieldings

I would say the fielders are a touch slow, I agree, I wouldn't speed them up too much maybe a fraction.

Bowden

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
I’m having problems picking up the white ball. Is there a setting change I need to do?

Apart from that I’m very impressed.

rohitsharma_MI

School Cricketer
In my point of view, the ball hitting sound is not good. A sweet connection will sound as sweet as a SIX.. It is not happening in any of the BA series. I expected that they will correct it in this edition. BA should watch a real life match and hear those sweet sounds.

flintoff

School Cricketer
Playing the 1.01 build on Switch. There needs to be some balancing to the gameplay in my opinion. I play on the default Medium settings.

This list looks very negative, but on the whole I'm really enjoying playing the game. Just a few tweaks and improvements and it'll be brilliant.

Bowling against AI
1) Too many dismissals caught by the wicketkeeper. I'd say in the 6 matches I've played so far (mainly t20s) that 60% of my wickets have been catches by the wicketkeeper.
2) Edges are too quick off the AI bat, and nearly always racing for 4 behind square
3) A lack of catching opportunities for outfielders. The AI always seem to find the gap when hitting it in the air.

Batting
1) Leg side shots are difficult to do, as rather than a leg glance behind square the game tries a crazy front foot pull that rarely connects. Sweep shots are very difficult to execute as well.
2) Ball is difficult to see when delivered. Maybe have a bolder red/orange/green ring on the pitch?

Fielding
1) 1st person camera is difficult to adjust to, and often the ball will go past the fielder with no option to catch.
2) Fielders slow to move and throw (Seems latest patch may have improved this)
3) Wicketkeeper teleporting to catch thick edges against the spinner. On the flipside they sometimes miss balls thrown in from the deep, or ignore thin edges as they go for 4.

General problems/improvements
1) Community connection not working
2) Conditions not having an effect on gameplay. If overcast it should swing more, wind direction should affect the flight of the ball etc.
3) Six distances all wrong
4) Shot map graphic only showing 6s
5) Stumps not lighting up
6) More assets for Stadium editor

sami007

Club Cricketer
Heres my two cents for what its worth. There is a difference between "gameplay" and "aesthetics". Gameplay improvements include inside-the-ring fielders being slow, leg side shots, difficult to see the ball etc. Aesthetics are things like bowler animations, the gatorade bottle disappearing during the drinks break, the sound of the ball hitting the bat. Gameplay improvements are definitely more important as those issues can be gamebreaking, these are usually addressed via patches as BA too realizes how important they are. Aesthetic issues are just that, they are for the sight, sound, and feel of the game. In my opinion, some of the complaints about the aesthetics are downright absurd.

flintoff

School Cricketer
I agree that gameplay is more important than aesthetics. But little presentation touches do add up, and make for a much more immersive experience.

2 more small bugs I’ve spotted.

1) The AI bowlers sometimes have a spell of bowling lots of No Balls in 1 over (4 or 5 in an over). This makes batting significantly easier, as you can usually plunder 20+ runs off the over for very little risk.

2) I’m doing a T20 World Cup and CPU v CPU matches have ended with the chasing team winning all 10 games. Even if it’s just a cosmetic issue, it’s a bit unrealistic.

psychoherent

Club Cricketer
I agree that gameplay is more important than aesthetics. But little presentation touches do add up, and make for a much more immersive experience.

2 more small bugs I’ve spotted.

1) The AI bowlers sometimes have a spell of bowling lots of No Balls in 1 over (4 or 5 in an over). This makes batting significantly easier, as you can usually plunder 20+ runs off the over for very little risk.

2) I’m doing a T20 World Cup and CPU v CPU matches have ended with the chasing team winning all 10 games. Even if it’s just a cosmetic issue, it’s a bit unrealistic.
I take it you've never had to watch Ian Bishop bowling on a bad day

tarrantino

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
England
I’d like a more visual experience when there’s rain. To have a box saying that overs are reduced isn’t really helpful. Brian Lara cricket they go off and you’d see a clock tick around.

Last edited:

blonde_babe

School Cricketer
hi still need -
1-Very easy singles in the circle,fielders need to be fast

2-fast bowling to left handlers is very predictable

3-straight shot sometimes loops up and can be a catch

4-getting 3s hardly happens

5-I hv not seen anybody diving at the boundary line

6- some sitters r dropped ,as well as misfieldings

Its quite ironic how every single shot off the Bat in all the BigAnt Cricket games is fundamentally a "straight shot", you only have to watch a slow replay to realise that. Whichever direction the shot is played in, and before it bounces somewhere, it flies directly straight unless it gets affected by the wind in the game. Otherwise, it never has sidespin imparted on it, and all the edge shots are the same where they simply should have wicked sidespin on them.

Its a shame, as they massively improved AO Tennis after I chatted with Mikeymerren about introduce lifelike curving shots, a few patches later, the game looked like real life.

Its also a shame due to the amazing ball physics that this game has up until the point the ball hits the bat...........anything hitting a pad, a glove, the helmet etc ends up with great ball physics affecting the ball...............but not the clearly unimportant moments when the ball leaves the bat.............

Mikeymerren, we NEED you!!!

Spickery

PlanetCricket Writing Team
Profile Flag
Australia
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
I would like it if when the ball hit the stumps for a bowled dismissal if the game then didn't go into a slow-mo replay of the keeper attempting to catch the ball rebounding off the wickets. Just ruins the excitement and immersion of knocking a batsman over when this dicky slow-mo replay occurs. Happens very often after a bowled dismissal I have noticed.

Gentoras

International Cricketer
Whilst on that, I don't see a reason for batsmen to converge in the middle of the pitch after being clean bowled as if to decide whether to review or something,,,,they should just walk. Tucking their bat under the armpits, taking off the gloves would be a pretty sight

Also, maybe in future, would love to see cut scene of an umpire interacting with the bowler as he prepares for his run up

I know it's not gameplay, but thought I post it here

D

Deleted member 185125

Not sure if this is already posted, but I would like to see a spinner bowling a front foot no-ball in the game. Or maybe in the next.

Jerm

International Coach
SA.....
Profile Flag
South Africa
Not sure if this is already posted, but I would like to see a spinner bowling a front foot no-ball in the game. Or maybe in the next.
Yeah I cannot understand why he cannot bowl a no ball, the bowling mechanics for the right stick are identical is it not?, pressing up late on the right stick should be a no ball?!?

cricket_online

ICC Board Member
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4

A known issue which is more of a design choice - an incorrect one IMO. Spinners do bowl no-balls in real life, may be not as frequently as fast bowlers, but it's quite a common occurrence nevertheless. I think spinners bowling no-balls should be built in to the game and could be triggered if you don't rotate the stick to impart spin in an appropriate manner or at the right time. Would be fun to face free hits against spinners.

Users who are viewing this thread