AI Cheating on Hard Setting

QuiggyCox

School Cricketer
Me and a mate have recently been playing a load of 50 over games on hard all the way through. We're yet to win and have noticed the game actually cheats us out of wickets when bowling. Unrealistic AI batting also makes it impossible to get the run rate below 5.5 per over... Anyone else had any of these issues? Would like to hear your stories!

Our most ridiculous decision was a run out at the non strikers end, non striking bat was on 110* didn't get back to his crease, direct hit, we appealed and the umpire gave not out.... HE WAS 3 FOOT DOWN THE TRACK

QuiggyCox

School Cricketer
Default umpires are just basic. You need to create your own umpires
Not just that, ridiculous edges are even worse!! Had 3 inside edges in a row and the keeper was running up to the stumps.. Not a hard chance don't get me wrong, it's a great game, I just feel that they haven't increased the skill required to play the game as you increase the difficulty, yet they've bugged it to make it harder to get a result...

krishri

School Cricketer
Profile Flag
United States
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Me and a mate have recently been playing a load of 50 over games on hard all the way through. We're yet to win and have noticed the game actually cheats us out of wickets when bowling. Unrealistic AI batting also makes it impossible to get the run rate below 5.5 per over... Anyone else had any of these issues? Would like to hear your stories!

Our most ridiculous decision was a run out at the non strikers end, non striking bat was on 110* didn't get back to his crease, direct hit, we appealed and the umpire gave not out.... HE WAS 3 FOOT DOWN THE TRACK

We, me and a mate have been playing online 2P since DBC14 . We have had our laughs and aha moments when AI try their best to swing the game in their favor (with non-cricketing gameplays). At first we thought it was a network related issue, because we play from different continents and with a 1/2 a day time zone difference. But have accepted the fact that its a part of the gameplay we need to cope .

AI does panic if the RRR goes above 8rpo (in a T20). And there's no gameplay manipulation for AI to get out of that Rut. They start to lose quick wickets... even chaotic run outs.

Similarly, even if you have to chase over 9 rpo in last 6 (in a online T20) and if you have one star batsman (over skill 9) at the crease, you can still make it, AI then starts to lose control and bowl wides and give away too many easy runs.

So there are some so called, panic modes, that AI self triggers , bowling or batting, and we have accepted these as a part of the gameplay...no complaints...

Users who are viewing this thread