Cricket 19 General Discussion

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
It’s frustrating that such a fundamental change has been made to the game. I spent what? £40 on this game more than a year ago and enjoy playing it. If you bought FIFA and a year later they made it so that your players could only move to the left not the right that’d be annoying. I’m not particularly impressed by this attitude of “If you don’t like it then don’t play it”. If you’ve paid for the game and it’s now been significantly changed, it’s understandable that some people are pissed off. The change prevents batsmen from doing something that can be done in real life. So a game that I constantly praise as “So real” is now less so. It’s annoying because I’ve invested in my custom team and have enjoyed improving (And playing, not always succeeding) but now I’m going to be stripped of a lot of runs and get out more often. That said, I was well aware of my leg side dominance and keen to score more on the off side (I’m going to have to now!). If I was new to the game then I wouldn’t have a problem with it and am up for the challenge. It’s just frustrating having invested so much in my team that I’m practically starting over and their averages are about to be destroyed. I’d like to actually score on the off side but nicking behind all the time is bloody annoying. I know I know, I’ve got to learn and get better. I can probably do okay in Tests but slower (I don’t mind). As for T20s (Based on my practice so far)... I’m stuffed!

I am a bit stuck and will probably create a whole new team to start again because it’s basically a different game (All my players stats/development are compromised). It’s not just the ability to score behind square on the leg side but now when I do the timing/execution is all different too. Of course creating a new team/starting over is itself a nuisance. I was really enjoying my current one. I’ve got absolutely no doubt that Big Ant will change it again and at least meet in the middle which will then frustrate me whether Ive ploughed on or started over.

Ultimately, a couple of days ago I was playing a game day after day and enjoying it. Now I’m not playing and not sure what to do. I literally have a console for Big Ant’s cricket games. I’ve bought every single game and ploughed on when you waited five minutes for your bowler to pick up the ball every delivery and I’ll come up with something. Like I say, I honestly like the challenge. I’ve always said I don’t want arcade cricket. It’s just frustrating that I’ve produced a load of career best performances in the past few days and am now restricted/compromised and starting over.

BittuGamz

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Just want to share my view about the new patch. Firstly It's good to see nice support from Big Ant Studios even after a year of release.

There's everything good about this patch but one issue is if a batsman stance is blocked to an extent then there is no need to reduce leg-side shot power because you cannot just go wide and hit every ball in that area because it's not possible with the movement restriction. Just have to play an off side ball with a proper offside shot. If shot power is balanced then there is no problem if batsman shuffles because he's got more opportunities to score on off than taking a risk on the legside flicks. These two things need to be balanced properly. If there is a restriction on one then no need to touch the second.

Reducing stroke power on the backward leg region is mainly affecting online gameplay. Please look into this because it is ruining the overall experience. I play mostly online and very less against AI but I understood the context of making changes to this because it's so easy to bat against AI by scoring the majority of runs in that area but it doesn't work the same in online.

I'm happy with the movement restriction being natural and we always played tournaments with a rule of moving twice in an over but please look into this and revert the shot power back to normal or increase it to an extent it clears infield on good timing and goes for six on the ideal timing. Thank you

RAVI99

Club Captain
Just want to share my view about the new patch. Firstly It's good to see nice support from Big Ant Studios even after a year of release.

There's everything good about this patch but one issue is if a batsman stance is blocked to an extent then there is no need to reduce leg-side shot power because you cannot just go wide and hit every ball in that area because it's not possible with the movement restriction. Just have to play an off side ball with a proper offside shot. If shot power is balanced then there is no problem if batsman shuffles because he's got more opportunities to score on off than taking a risk on the legside flicks. These two things need to be balanced properly. If there is a restriction on one then no need to touch the second.

Reducing stroke power on the backward leg region is mainly affecting online gameplay. Please look into this because it is ruining the overall experience. I play mostly online and very less against AI but I understood the context of making changes to this because it's so easy to bat against AI by scoring the majority of runs in that area but it doesn't work the same in online.

I'm happy with the movement restriction being natural and we always played tournaments with a rule of moving twice in an over but please look into this and revert the shot power back to normal or increase it to an extent it clears infield on good timing and goes for six on the ideal timing. Thank you

Your points make sense hats off to you it shows you understand cricket game well.

WickeySticket

County Cricketer
Profile Flag
Canada
post patch century. Now I never want to hit down leg, lol Dunno if it will ever be balanced correctly. It was a T20 and Rahane had been in since the start so it was easy to hit the 6s, but never gonna try leg again...

Scoring areas for whole innings also attached.

I found the easiest shot to make was just back up to leg stump and doing the onside drive. Now the trick is basically the opposite. Perhaps it wouldn't work to well with a less skilled, in player. But yeah.

Oh and here's the worm, just for fun. 83 off the last 5 overs. Haven't done that ever I think.

I should note, I don't play with the ball marker so maybe you can understand how hard it might be. Stars aligned.

Attachments

• 20201014062017_1.jpg
    20201014062017_1.jpg
    364.5 KB · Views: 27
  • 20201014062318_1.jpg
    20201014062318_1.jpg
    295.9 KB · Views: 26
  • 20201014062242_1.jpg
    20201014062242_1.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:

Little Timmy

Little Timmy
Profile Flag
England
Played a few T20s post patch and am gonna struggle big time with the bat.

Just bowled first in a Test and AI seems more switched on. Lots of quick singles having just dead batted the ball. Only one run out. Last wicket stand felt a bit predictable like previous games but maybe I just didn’t bowl well enough.

One thing that ruins this game for me (Which is such a shame because I love it) is the inconsistency of whether or not I get the chance to catch (Or drop) the ball.

So tomorrow or whenever possible I’ll be batting in a Test for the first time since the patch. I don’t have to go looking for runs so it could be attritional but no doubt about it I’m going to be getting out for less runs than normal. Hopefully I’ll find a way!

Oh and I created an umpire with a rating/correct decision % (?) of 85 in both LBW and edge. I didn’t realise that meant getting a THICK edge to slip would require a review. I also got a player out LBW (According to DRS) four balls in a row but had used my reviews (Because his ineptitude suckered me in). Fortunately he gave the fourth one!

sashu_91

County Cricketer
AI bowler a lefty bowled totally opposite to the field on the second last over with me batting with a left hander, all the bowls on the off with no fileder protecting the boundary, fielders were set to cover the legside boundary, don't know what bowler was thinking, costed AI the match and I won. Played a cracker of a game online with me winning on the last ball requiring four, in that match one ball went to six with me missing the ball, lol don't know what it was, match was too good though.;)

gkvarma18

Associate Cricketer
Profile Flag
India
Please make the restricted movement optional BIG ANT. Keep it but just add a small toggle in the gameplay modifier. So that changing it wont break the game.
Please raise a ticket for support.bigant.com , they will definitely consider and make it in the gameplay modifier option

jabbathehut

County Cricketer
Lol in career international t20I was only given the last over to bowl that has never happened before and we won ai need 5 from last ball never even swung the bad for an attempted 6.

Abhi_Roxtar

Club Cricketer
First of all, I would like to thank Big Ant for continued support even after an year of release. This patch is wonderful in all context, except just one which might overshadow other good things because it can the real game-breaking flaw - "legside strokes shot power"

I'm more of an online mode player, and the step taken to reduce power on legside feels like some sort of revenge has been taken against community because earlier it used to be very easy to hit towards fineleg to square leg with shuffle(but legside shots were well balanced without shuffle before), more than the focus on proper gameplay because it's no more a 360° playable game with fineleg taken out of equation big time as well as clearing infield towards backward square is not worth the risk in longer formats where your wkts matter. Most of the players now form a ring of 4-5 fielders from midwkt to fineleg, then picking singles or hitting 4s both are risky. It's like a deadzone now, and everyone is utilising it which makes overall gameplay boring in online.

Please look into it carefully, having played close to 2000 hours and not getting bored, I personally don't feel like touching game anymore.

Last edited:

Ace123

International Cricketer
TPCL Titans
Profile Flag
India
This is a good patch, great support by @BigAntStudios and @MattW but a little suggestion. As someone said, restricting the movement to off side as well as reducing the shot power on the on side is too much restriction for scoring on the on side.
This may be good balanced gameplay for Test cricket, but in T20 and OD games where scoring is primary this may not be ideal. I have absolutely no issues in restricted movement but may be the shot power on inside shall be brought back to normal.
Or (if it is doable)let there be no restriction of movement and the shot power on onside shall be reduced only when the batsman shuffle across and play across the line. In other words, the timing window (shot power) shall be reduced for a batsman moving across the stumps, timing window reduced big for big movement and small for smaller movement across the stumps.

In real life, a moving batsman will find it difficult to time the ball unless he is exceptionally good.

Users who are viewing this thread