ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
8kOOOmS.png

North and South American Cricket Union (acronymic: NASACU) is a WCC-affiliatied confederation overseeing the sport in both North and South America.
It works in the development of the sport in North and South America, as well as the organization of the NASACU Americas Championship every year.

Active Members

LSUpDa5.png
Argentina
vq6pJDn.png
Barbados
bKzaSJ2.png
Bermuda
BHzuIii.png
Canada
UCWzYkt.png
United States

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
6qSgqce.png

The NASACU Americas Championship is a 50-over One-Day International cricket tournament held annually.
Organized by the North and South American Cricket Union, the tournament only features full-member NASACU nations.

Archive

YEAR​
TEAMS​
HOSTS​
WINNERS​
FINAL​
FINALISTS​
POTT​
3​
1703790526416.png CANADA​
1703790526416.png CANADA
Vancouver​
1703790596966.png ARGENTINA1703794742467.png Wendell Corden-Cox

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
PlanetCricket Award Winner
@Yash. @Saad69420 @Aislabie we need to decide on a window of when we can have the NASACU Americas Championship is a 50-over One-Day International cricket tournament and the hosting nation.
I would be in favour of early July, although Cup Match without any international players would be very funny if it were to clash.

I also have an idea for how we might do a rolling Test Championship if we wanted to

Yash.

Staff Member
India
Ireland
ENG....
SRH...
QG
Melbourne Stars
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Any time works for Argentina. We'll manage our tours around that.

Aislabie

Test Cricket is Best Cricket
Ireland
I also have an idea for how we might do a rolling Test Championship if we wanted to
So the model I have, seeing as we have only four active Full Member nations at the moment, is as follows:

Each season, we have an A-Tier series and a B-Tier series, seeded at first by WCC Rankings:

Tier A
:goldo: Winner becomes Americas Test Champion | :down: Loser relegated to Tier B
BHzuIii.png
Canada
vq6pJDn.png
Barbados

Tier B
:up: Winner promoted to Tier A | :down: Loser relegated to Tier C (does not exist yet)
LSUpDa5.png
Argentina
bKzaSJ2.png
Bermuda

Each series is a two-match series. Each team will host one of the two matches. The winner of the series will be the team with more points* across the two matches:
Results
Win - 12 points
Tie - 8 points
Draw - 4 points
Loss - 0 points

1st Innings Batting Points
Score 500+ runs - 4 points
Score 400+ runs - 3 points
Score 300+ runs - 2 points
Score 200+ runs - 1 point

1st Innings Bowling Points
Concede <200 runs - 4 points
Concede <300 runs - 3 points
Concede <400 runs - 2 points
Concede <500 runs - 1 point

Obviously this doesn't scale super well if we become a very big region, but for the time being I think it would serve our needs.

ahmedleo414

The Butcher
PAK...
LQ
The Boys
Profile Flag
Canada
So the model I have, seeing as we have only four active Full Member nations at the moment, is as follows:

Each season, we have an A-Tier series and a B-Tier series, seeded at first by WCC Rankings:

Tier A
:goldo: Winner becomes Americas Test Champion | :down: Loser relegated to Tier B
BHzuIii.png
Canada
vq6pJDn.png
Barbados

Tier B
:up: Winner promoted to Tier A | :down: Loser relegated to Tier C (does not exist yet)
LSUpDa5.png
Argentina
bKzaSJ2.png
Bermuda

Each series is a two-match series. Each team will host one of the two matches. The winner of the series will be the team with more points* across the two matches:
Results
Win - 12 points
Tie - 8 points
Draw - 4 points
Loss - 0 points

1st Innings Batting Points
Score 500+ runs - 4 points
Score 400+ runs - 3 points
Score 300+ runs - 2 points
Score 200+ runs - 1 point

1st Innings Bowling Points
Concede <200 runs - 4 points
Concede <300 runs - 3 points
Concede <400 runs - 2 points
Concede <500 runs - 1 point

Obviously this doesn't scale super well if we become a very big region, but for the time being I think it would serve our needs.
Love the idea, we can try to implement that this year.

As for the Americas Cup since early July is what we have that's what we'll go with.

Users who are viewing this thread