[Indian Cricket Career] Suggestions and Ideas

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
Oh! In that case, thanks! We'll definitely try and incorporate it into our gameplay engine, although we probably won't be concentrating on finer points such as spinner's bounce and such.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
sohummisra said:
Oh! In that case, thanks! We'll definitely try and incorporate it into our gameplay engine, although we probably won't be concentrating on finer points such as spinner's bounce and such.

Yeh, those things were just examples of what could be done. In my opinion it is a good move not to include spinners bounce because it would not be noticeable in a game formet such as yours (I typed that without looking at the keyboard :D)

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
I am thinking - a random player generator. Think about it. We make our debut for India in the year 2007. Now, Sachin, Dravid and co. won't be playing for the 13 years your career will last (Assuming it is from 17-30 years of age). They have to retire. So how do you replace them? Random players!
You need a pool of names, for the different countries. (About 25-30, I could make a list if you want). So, a random first name and a random surname is selected. Then all the skills are randomised. All of them. This applies for every country in the game, so that even Scotland could produce a legendary bowler or something. Gives the game a more re-playability and a loger life, if say you want to create a new cricketer and pickup from the year you left off at. Probably a better idea for when this game expands to all countries.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
ZoraxDoom said:
I am thinking - a random player generator. Think about it. We make our debut for India in the year 2007. Now, Sachin, Dravid and co. won't be playing for the 13 years your career will last (Assuming it is from 17-30 years of age). They have to retire. So how do you replace them? Random players!
You need a pool of names, for the different countries. (About 25-30, I could make a list if you want). So, a random first name and a random surname is selected. Then all the skills are randomised. All of them. This applies for every country in the game, so that even Scotland could produce a legendary bowler or something. Gives the game a more re-playability and a loger life, if say you want to create a new cricketer and pickup from the year you left off at. Probably a better idea for when this game expands to all countries.
Yup. We will have to have some sort of random player generator even when it's restricted to Indian teams, because I don't anticipate that we will have 27 * 8 * 20 = 4320 human players when the game starts off. We will need computer players to fill the spots on the club teams while people join.

As for international teams, your idea is correct. I have so far designed the game without incorporating age. :P This can be easily rectified, and I will probably have to write an end-of-season algorithm at some point that performs the job of selecting players to the national team, promoting/demoting clubs in the state levels, and generating the ranji groups for the next season.

manee

Chairman of Selectors
Non full names would probably better, just the first letter of the first name and the full surname.

Users who are viewing this thread