Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters

Highlander999

ICC President
The Recovery Process

Those weeks in hospital were some of the toughest in my life. I was confined to a bed and it was very touch and go. It is a bit of a blur now, but I remember lots of tubes sticking into me, the beep of machines and the needle like pain in my chest. However, slowly and surely I got better. Gemma was in visiting me nearly everyday as was Cooky. Over those weeks, myself and Cooky's friendship really blossomed. He was there for myself and Gemma in our hour of need.

On my last day in hospital, Graham, came to me with news that brought my world crashing down around me,

"Hey Tom. I'm afraid I have some rather bad news for you. We are having to terminate your contract."

"WHAT!!!!!"

"I really am sorry Tom. Your out for the rest of the season and we just can't afford to have you in the squad. I really am sorry."

And with that he left. I just lay there in shock. Not only was I now without a team, I was unemployed. How was I going to make money? Those next few days were the worst in my life. I should have been trying to get myself fit again, to find a new team, but the fire had gone. I just sat at home, watching repeats of Neighbours. Cooky was trying to get the fire back into my belly, but in the end it took a visit, from none other than Ian Botham!!!!!!:eek: We had a very frank conversation, which will remain private, and after that I begun my new schedule to get me back to 110%.

Over the next few months, things did get better. My batting was the first thing to improve as I couldn't bowl due to the chest injury. However, I went for many trials with Notts, Somerset, Essex and even travelling to Victoria, but I was knocked back by all of them. They didn't want a half fit lad on there hands. As the season neared the end, I went for one last try at Glamorgan. Cooky had just moved there and the club had just got a new owner and coach. By now I was about 90% fit and in my trial I performed some of my best ever cricket. I bowled a good line and length and batted sensibly. Afterwards, I had a chat with the members and David Hemp and it was agreed, I could have a year's contract. I was over the moon and the icing on the cake was when Gemma said she had been offered a job at a hospital in Cardiff. We had soon bought a house together and everything was back the way it should be. I was with a fantastic girl, I had my best mate, Cooky, at the same club and I was playing the game I loved.

Tom Baker was going to Wales!!!! :happy

Fecking hell, the cat has just been sick all over the floor!!!!!!! :mad:

formula1man

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Nice work mate the best update ive ever seen (since my story lol:p:p;)
Nah seriously good work nice to see you going to a new club and good to see your getting better. Lucky the cat didnt puke on ur laptop now eh.

saladguy

PCPL Season 2: Outstanding Performer (Division 2)
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
All the best at Glamorgan Tom! :D

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
This is top notch stuff mate, Lets see how you do at glamorgan! Shocking from Kent they should have been there to help you not make you worse!

tonka998

Club Cricketer
Hmmm... Glamorgan! Not renound for their quality on the field! Lets see what if you can make an impact! :) Great update!

Kiko_97

User Title Purchaser
Profile Flag
England
Yipeee!!!
GO TOM, thanks for joining Glamorgan, do the Welsh proud.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Congrats on SOTY Tom, very much deserved :)

P.S - My email has already been sent to the creator of Bruce Almighty and you will soon recieve a letter stating that they have sued you!

:p

Users who are viewing this thread