The Toon- Geordie Style (It's back!)

H0wZ4T!

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Newcastle will lose. At some point. To either Man U or Chelsea.

Nice stuff, unlucky about loss of 100% record.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
September 2007 - An Overview

After an incredibly good first month in charge, the best Newcastle have ever had and an incredibly good transfer window, the second month had come to an end. We had played fast flowing football in most of the games but the odd one or two and we stuggled a tad.

Newcastle 3 - 1 West Ham
After a win at home to West Ham it meant we went top by 4 points. The game itself was brilliant. We completely destroyed West Ham nearly all the game with Martins notching twice, both times resulting in a classy finish. Owen's goal was not as good as it just came from a Shay Given punt but nonetheless it was a goal. A great game to start the month.

Fulham 1 - 3 Newcastle
Second game in a row that we had won 3-1. Also the second game in a row that my man Obafemi Martins had scored twice in. This game however wasn't the best game in the world with Martins and Torje both scoring in the first 23 minutes before a long speel from Fulham ended with us scoring in the 90th minute as Martins headed home. We stayed 4 points clear at the top of the table.

Newcastle 4 - 2 Aston Villa
As a team after this game we had scored 10 goals in 3 games, with Martins getting 7 of them. A nice little hat-trick in this game with Owen also getting on the scoresheet. An immense 95th minute goal by Obafemi to complete his hat-trick and seal the win for us was a fantastic feeling and one I hope we can reinact later on in the season.

Newcastle 3 - 2 Arsenal
The best win so far the season happened in this match as we won at home to Arsenal after being 2-0 down! All of our 3 goals came in the space of 5 minutes from 6th minute to the 69th. Martins notching another 2 which means in the last 4 games he has scored 9! He's in amazing form and this is the fifth match in a row where we have scored 3 or more goals, although we are 4 games without a clean sheet.

Arsenal 1 - 1 Newcastle
Our 100% winning streak is wiped when we travelled to the Emirates to face Arsenal. An incredibly difficult game it was and a draw was the best we were going to get out of it and thanks to a bit of magic by Obafemi Martins we got it. He yet again scored but it increased how run without a clean sheet to 5 games! Our defence is top notch but the line up and the tactics are a bit attacking, but that is what the fans want to see.

Got a bit of a dilemma at the end of this month as we are just conceding wasy too many goals. We are scoring at the other end but that is mainly due to Obafemi. Our first two games of October are at home to Manchester United and away to Liverpool. This in no way is going to be easy and I can see us dropping a few points in the following weeks. This month I didn't get manager of the month but the team is more important, although Avram Grant's Chelsea did win every game they played in September. Obafemi Martins thuroughly deserved Player Of The Month and he won it by a big margin as he scored so many goals during the month. It was also nice to see Gabriel Torje to get the recognition he deserves as he finished 3rd in Yough Player Of The Month.

Manager Of The Month
1.Avram Grant
2.Juande Ramos
3.James Edmonds

Player Of The Month
1.Obafemi Martins
2.Wayne Rooney
3.Didier Drogba

Young Player Of The Month
1.Wayne Rooney
2.Luke Moore
3.Gabriel Torje

Table-September.jpg

covlad-99

International Cricketer
"Top of the league you're having a laugh!" :p Nah great start. Keep it up. Can't believe you didn't get MotM. But well done Oba!

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Sunday 7th October

We have had such a good run in the Premiership and in the cups so far, only dropping two points in the process, and to be honest they were 1 point gained(away at Arsenal). Things at home got better too with the wife eventually getting the job she wanted(Fashion designer) and she might even been modeling her own clothes soon! Great stuff. Life is great at the moment in every aspect although one bad things has happened. 11 year old Jimmy Tablonet was shot dead on the streets on Newcastle while walking home and this has really put a real sad aftertaste after our good start. The City is mourning and could do with uplifting.

Arriving at St.James Park for our massive clash with Manchester United we had been in contact with the parents of Jimmy Tablonet. We agreed that we would have 1 minute silence and would allow them onto the pitch at the start of the game and we would give them free tickets. Walking down to the changing rooms, I looked around and even our staff were low. In the changing rooms the morale and atmosphere was at an all time low. At this rate the match probably won't get played(!). I give the lads a little team talk to raise spirits a bit and use the situation in our favour a little. I tell them to do it for the kid and to make him proud. When we got out to the pitch, we were being followed by Jimmy's parents and then St.James gave a massive roar. The players, the staff and the Parents of Jimmy Tablonet all made their way to the middle of the pitch, me included. It was time for the minute silence. I looked around during that minute and could see actual remorse shown by the Fans in a silent matter and even some cried. The clapping after the minute silence and the sudden burst of noise was electrical and put a small smile on the face of the parents. We showed them the way off the pitch and the players took up their positions on the Pitch. For Jimmy lads! For Jimmy...

Manchester United started the game and we were right up on them straight away winning the ball quickly. Barton had received the ball on the edge of the center circle and put a delightful through ball with the outside of his boot for Obafemi Martins to run onto. Obafemi chased the ball and burnt Vidic with ease before just on the edge of the box side footing it straight into the corner of the net, past the shocked Van Der Sar! 40 seconds and we were already 1-0 up! Was the kid shining down on us or was it just the team talk? We will never now but it sure seemed to lift up the mood of the nation. The football soon took up a quicker tempo with tackles flying in before the second goal was scored on the 20th minute, again my man Obafemi Martins. This time patient build up play was key as N'Zogbia threaded an easy through ball to Martins who from 25 yards hit a beauty of a shot! Goal Of The Month contender, surely? The fans went ballistic! We were 2-0 up at home to Manchester United and they hadn't even had a shot yet! Although 9 minutes later it should of been 2-1 with Ryan Giggs at the back post failing to capitalize on a great ball by Ronaldo as Given made a classy save. Minutes later and this time it was Martins who came close as he somehow took on Ferdinand before coming up to Van Der Sar, one on one, and having his hard low shot parried away for a corner. They dominated the last 5 minutes of the first half though, but lucky for us the half time whistle went.

We went back to the changing rooms and this time I gave them pretty much 10 minutes on their own then the last 5 minutes of the break with me. I told them that we will have to start strong and keep on playing attacking football as it will keep the fans singing and that is what gives us the adrenaline! The boys were incredibly pumped up and then we received a visit from the parents of Jimmy Tablonet. They just wanted to say how thankful they were for them playing so well for his beloved club and devoting the match to him, they seemed actually dead chuffed. Walking back out, Mirel Radoi came up to me and said "Wow. Newcastle United really are one." Now for someone that doesn't speak English too well, he sure summed it up quite well.

The second half started with Emre getting cautioned for a hard tackle on Hargreaves but it wasn't much, although Hargreaves said something to him after. The lads gave me the greatest satisfaction though when they doubled their lead as Mirel Radoi scored a beauty, and yet another Goal If The Month award nominee. It was a corner which Torje attacked at the front post and his header was cleared off the line by Gary Neville but straight out to Radoi it went on the edge of the box and boy did he hit it well. 3-0 and cruising! It seemed to have a drastic effect on our game after that though as for some reason Man Utd were getting back into it. Rooney hitting an incredibly hard shot straight at Given and getting through to a one on one but scuffing wide. Man Utd were rebelling. It didn't make it any better though as Emre saw red! Hargreaves had received the ball and make a quick short pass to Carrick, but in the mean time Emre came through the back of him and is the first Newcastle player to see res this season. Not good! I tell the lads to calm it down as their was only 15 minutes down but they were all fuming. Man Utd got a goal four minutes later with Louis Saha taking on Habib Beye on the edge of the box and coming into the area to hit a cracker of a shot into the top corner. Minutes later and Man Utd nearly find the net again, with Ronaldo hitting the outside of the far post in a swift attack by Man Utd, although he was flagged for offside. "Don't give it up now boys!" We couldn't win back possession but Man Utd didn't make any further chances so it was okay!

The mood in the changing rooms was just un-comparable to what it was at the start of the game. There was champagne and singing and general commotion. Mirel came up to me and said "That goal was for you" and then just calmly walked off. I then though to myself how lucky I exactly was to have such a great bunch of guys to manage, determined, but generally good fellows. I let them go but tell them to be focused for tomrows training in which we were going to show them the game which my Beloved Wife had taped at home.

As I arrived home I heard my little devil running down the stairs and congratulating me on today's win. This made me just think our lucky I really was! I had a family that loved me and I had the money in the account, some people just don't have that. "There must be an angel with a smile on her face"

Sunday 7th October

Newcastle 3 - 1 Manchester United
Martins 1,20
Radoi 48
Emre sent off 74

Given - 8
Geremi - 7
Enrique - 7
Radoi(c) - 8
Taylor - 8
Torje - 7
N'Zogbia - 8
Barton - 8
Emre - 7
Owen - 7
Martins - 9

Harper - Unused Sub
Smith - 6
Milner - 7
Beye - 6
Ameobi - Unused Sub

Round The Grouns
Birmingham 0 - 0 Middlesborugh
Chelsea 2 - 1 West Ham
Derby 0 - 1 Arsenal
Man City 1 - 2 Wigan
Newcastle 3 - 1 Man Utd
Portsmouth 0 - 1 Aston Villa

covlad-99

International Cricketer
:o An easy win against United Whats going on!!!!!???!! Emre. What can I say? Dirty boy. Nice family touch at the end :p

D

Deleted member 13648

Jaz, you rule. Leave your wife and come off with me.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Saturday 20th October

We were now on top of the world, well the Premiership at least. The good thing is thinking about it, is that the likes of Chelsea,Man Utd etc. will all be in European Cups, whether it is the Uefa Cup or the Champions League, which means they will have to focus on more than us! We are still in all our cups though, and we play Man City in the 4th Round of the Carling Cup so I can see us getting quite far. Martins has been our star striker so far this season and has been the best in England and most proably, the world. May it continue.

We had an incredibly hard Premiership tie just after Manchester United though as we had to play Liverpool at Anfield. They have had a bad start of the season though being around 7th place in the table, way below what they should be. Fernando Torres has been firing for them as he has scored 5 goals going into the game but that is nothing to Obafemi Martins' 14! As we arrived at Anfield some of the Scousers made it clear that they didn't want us to win throwing numerous items at our Team Bus. As we were rushed into the stadium we were directed to the away changing rooms. In there we found some oranges on a table. One of the oranges had a toothpick with paper on it. It read "Good luck, we hope you win - Mr and Mrs Tablonet". How kind is that?! The boys had a bit of spare time before the match and it seemed that Torje, one of the youngest in the squad had brought a PSP, as did James Milner. It just so happened that they had both brought FIFA08(Oh the irony) and with wireless connection around Anfield the lads had a little competition. I was beaten in the first round by Steve Harper(...) but the person who went on to win it somehow was Nicky Butt!? Laughs and jokes aside and we were ready to go out to play Liverpool in what would be a tight affair. I told the lads to keep it cool and tight and to attack on the counter attack as they would sure attack us at all times.

Liverpool started with the kick off but we won it back straight away. Very soon after we had our first chance but this time we couldn't find the net early on with Smith meeting N'Zogbia's cross at the front post, only for it to be tipped over by Reina. A few scuffles and then the next chance came again from a cross. This time though Barton met Milner's cross and Reina again turned the ball over the bar. It was all us and we continued dominating possesion with various chances but we couldn't capitalize. Martins trying a cheeky lob from on the edge of the box went straight to Reina's hands as he saved comfortably. The game then too a turn as a few decisions went against us and we lost all momentum. In the space of 3 minutes Liverpool had 2 great chances to put them one up. The first was Gerrard putting Kuyt in but he steered it slightly wide and the second was Kuyt again, as he connected with Riise's low hard cross to the front post but Given stood big and saved it miraculously. Liverpool had one more chance before the break and this time it fell to Ryan Babel, a Summer signing by Liverpool. A chipped free kick by Xabi Alonso got to Babel who had a clear header and he steered dead on to the post but thankfully it bounced out for a goal kick. We calmed it down towards the end of the half but it was a tale of 2 halfs in a half. We literally were on top for 21 minutes until they dominated until half time. A positive points and a few negatives.

Well the lads entered the changing rooms a bit chatty and I kind of shouted a little at them to quieten it a little bit. I think they were starting to get a bit big headed and complacent which was bound to happen someday after our amazing start. I told them to get it up to Martins and Smith who would be playing pretty much on their furthest two players back with Barton taking up an attacking mode, as he was having a great game. Chris Sulley, the assistant, and I had a little chat about Beye as he semed to be struggling. We saw it only right to take him off and bring Faye on. "100% Lads, that's all we want. Fight for the thousands at home and watching in the stands!"

The second half started quite mixed as Nicky Butt got a bit hot under the collar and took Steven Gerrard out, only to get booked. Wasn't all bad though as we soon found out that Gerrard had sprained his ankle and had to be subsituted. Good work Nicky! Straight after the incident and Ryan Babel comes close yet again. Burning down the wing taking on Faye in the proccess, he cut inside and fired a shot across the goal only for it to go the wrong side of the post for him. Good! A little quiet spell then happened as both sides started playing football and playing the ball all around the team. A beautifully crafter move ended with us unlucky not to go one up. Milner had taken on everyone down the wing and put his cross straight to Reina when there were 3 of our players to their 2! Liverpool pretty much dominated the possesion for the next ten minutes until the inevitable happened. We don't have any red cards and then we get two red cards in two games! Nicky Butt picking up a second yellow card as he brought down Torres. A minute later and they get their second injury off the game! Another star midfielder this time having an early shower as Xabi Alonso falls awkwardly and has to be strectured off. Following their free kick from the tackle by Geremi on Xabi Alonso, which was a clean tackle, we win possession and run down the other end and score! The counter attack was main mastered by Steven Taylor as he ran 30 yards and then lofted the ball over Hypia for Obafemi Martins to run onto, who in his form was never going to miss the one-on-one and finished the move cleanly. We finished on an even bigger high as we so nearly made it 2-0 in the 93rd minute as Torje hit the bar from 10 yards. All in all it was a good pleseant second half which we dominated.

Obafemi Martins was singing and dancing when we got back to the changing rooms, and you could see that the magical form he was in was taking a toll on him, although it was taking a good toll on him. We had got news from the other changing rooms that Steven Gerrard had sprained his ankle like we though, but that he would be out for a month! We also found out that Xabi Alonso's injury wasn't as bad as Gerrard's as he twisted his knee and would be out for at least 3 weeks. Sulley told me that he wouldn't be able to make the next game though as he was going on holiday for a few days. Yeah thanks for the short notice Chris!

"What did you feed them at Half-Time to get them to injure Liverpool's two best players?" the wife said to me over dinner. Ha! All I fed them was the oranges that the Tablonet's had supplied for us... wait! The determination in the second half was at least double that was shown in the first half. Maybe there was something in the oranges? Maybe it was just Vitamin C? Now I could be fretting over nothing but it all seems a little convenient. "Some people talk in their sleep. Lecturers talk while other people sleep." - Albert Camus

Liverpool 0 - 1 Newcastle
Martins 82
Butt sent off 79

Given - 7
Beye - 6
Enrique - 7
Radoi(c) - 7
Taylor - 8
Milner - 7
N'Zogbia - 7
Barton - 7
Butt - 7
Martins - 8
Smith - 7

Harper - Unused Sub
Torje - 7
Geremi - 6
Viduka - Unused Sub
Faye - 7

Round The Grouns
Birmingham 0 - 0 Middlesborugh
Chelsea 2 - 1 West Ham
Derby 0 - 1 Arsenal
Man City 1 - 2 Wigan
Newcastle 3 - 1 Man Utd
Portsmouth 0 - 1 Aston Villa

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
My god, you are a god! Unbeaten still in 10 games and that's after 2 wins against Liverpool and Man U. Cracking stuff mate, keep it up!

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Wow, Great gama again! But you need to talk to the players about dicipline! Emre got sent off a couple of games back, now Butt! Oba still on form though, and another great win for you! Well done.

But on the the Around the grounds bit you put an old result.

Last edited:

ivanvdm15

International Cricketer
nice to see Newcastle take another victory
great story
take some reps ;)
KUTGW :happy

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Updated My Career So far in the first post, it took bloody ages! Anyway was worth it and hope to get another update done tomorow. :happy

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
Newcastle are doing great! Unbeaten in 10 games in no mean feat.

Highlander999

ICC President
Updated My Career So far in the first post, it took bloody ages! Anyway was worth it and hope to get another update done tomorow. :happy

Booo that was my idea :p

Great stuff by Newcastle so far. Hopefully they can continue this excellent run of form

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Sunday 28th October

We beat Liverpool with 10 men last week, muahahaha! We're now clearing ahead of Manchester United in 3rd and 4th respectivley but unfortunatley Chelsea are right up our rear end. Didn't really help that they won during mid week but it adds more pressure to us, and I love pressure! We had Bolton at home in the Premiership today and then on Wednesday we have Manchester City at home in the Carling Cup 4th Round. A few players may be getting a well earned break today methinks.

Arriving at St.James Park, which must I say is the third largest club ground in England, but it felt like home after last weeks away match. We saw the Bolton bus driver away so we knew they were here. Nicolas Anelka was their dangerman up front and knew keeping him quiet would be extrememly hard. Once inside the changing rooms I called over Mirel Radoi and Steven Taylor, our consistent center backs. I told them that one of them must mark him at all times and not give hime room to breathe. They seemed to agree and I knew they wouldn't let me down. They were only mid table though so I told the team not to feel intimidated, as we had 40-50 thousand fans coming to watch us. After all the fun and games had been played ant the team talk had been said, it was time to walk down the tunnel and to start the game, which if we didn't lose, would mark our 11th unbeaten record in the League this season!

Bolton started the game strong in all aspects, especially the tackling side off things. They had a close cut chance after 6 minutes had passed as Kevin Nolan had a sneaky pot at a shot from 30 yards which Given had to tip over. 4 minutes later and we took the lead. Toon to be(Excuse the pun:p) Legend Obafemi Martins with the goal with Milner supplying the cross after taking on Jlloyd Samuel and whipping a ball to the front post for Martins to volley home. We start dominating possession as we get plenty of chances such as Emre's one-on-one but he failed to convert the chance. Anelka then has a beautiful oppurtunity but lucky for us he decides to put his shot into the atmosphere and not into the net. Another goal came, and for us it was yet again. This time Mirel Radoi with a monster header over all the dfenders at the half way line for Martins to run on to, in which he blast it over the head of Jaaskelainen and into the net. That marks his 20th goal of the season! 2 good chances follow with the first going our way as Barton hits the bar with a beautifully created move and then Bolton star Ricardo Vaz Te hits his shot straight at Shay Given. Another goal! It's ours again as Martins completes his hat-trick and caps our 3rd goal of the day. A scrappy goal but he was in the right place at the right time to fire it home from 3 yards. Martins comes close yet again just before the break as he rattles the cross bar with a thunderbolt but the half ends with the score being 3-0.

An amazing first half at St.James you must say! Martins is having an amzing game as is everyone. The football was great and there were only a few scares down at our end. All I really did was leave them to their own apart from Mirel and Steven, in which I told them to just keep doing what they were doing and to get a clean sheet at all costs. "Good luck lads! And may this rosey form continue."

Second half started with a bang! A goal infact and by god was I happy to ee it fly in. A corner took by Milner was headered out but it went straight to Emre who was standing just inside the box and he lashed it straight into the corner. 4-0 and cruising! 9 minutes after the restart and Anelka had banged one in at the post aswell, today's game seemed like a strikers game! Anelka came close AGAIN on the 65th minute mark where he got through the defence to have a one-on-one with Shay Given only to be denied by Givens left hand. Great save! 78 minutes gone and Milner is obstructed in the penalty area! Penalty given! Bogdan Stancu is the man to step up and... Burries it into the bottom right hand corner! 5-0 now! Geremi and Vaz Te both had the last two chances with both missing when in reality they should of both burried their chances but it wasn't to be for them. Some how the final whistle came and the final score, remarkably, was 5-0 to the might Toon Army. Get in!

Martins got his second hat-trick off the season! He was estatic after the game and pundits everywhere were now taking notice off his impecable quality. The lads were overjoyed from the result in this match and yo ucould see that team spirit was high. Radoi and Taylor both had solid games and did pretty much a perfect job apart from a few times where Anelka slipped through but that is bound to happen. All in all a great game played by the lads, and boy did I let them know it.

Martins now had 18 goals in 11 league games at an average rating of 8.45! He was on fire. Following todays and mid-weeks results we were top by 4 points and we had +8 goal difference on our nearest Rivals Chelsea. Somehow Portsmouth held Man Utd at Fratton Park and Sunderland also got an away point. Although luckily enough Sunderland still remain 19th in the table with 8 points.

Newcastle 5 - 0 Bolton
Martins 10,26,36
Emre 48
Stancu 78(pen)

Given - 8
Beye - 7
Enrique - 8
Taylor - 8
Radoi - 8
Milner - 8
N'Zogbia - 8
Barton - 8 (Sub 72)
Emre - 8 (Sub 72)
Stancu - 8
Martins - 9 (Sub 78)

Harper - Unused Sub
Owen - 6 (On 78)
Torje - Unused Sub
Geremi - 7 (On 72)
Smith - 6 (On 72)

Round The Grounds
Blacburn 1 - 3 Arsenal
Everton 4 - 1 Reading
Newcastle 5 - 0 Bolton
Portsmouth 0 - 0 Man Utd
Wigan 0 - 0 Sunderland

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Wow great team prformance. Everyone on 8s bar one! Thats outstanding. 11 unbeaten.

Users who are viewing this thread