The Toon- Geordie Style (It's back!)

zammipspman

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
OMG 11 games unbeaten and a victory against Man U AND Liverpool,Also a 5-0 win against Bolton. I would go with the toon if it were real life HAHA.:happy

Well Done Jaz :clap

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Other commitments at the moment are making it so that I don't have enough time to play with Newcastle United, so next update will be at the weekend more than likely.

Sorry about the wait.

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Wednesday 31st October

After only a 3 day break we were called yet again to play, at times English football can be demanding! Cup day had come around again and today we had to play Manchester City at St.James' Park. 4th round of the League Cup and the Board wanted a win. We were topping the table and all the confidence was at a new time high after the 5-0 thrashing of Bolton 3 days ago.

We arrived at St.James' at the same time as the Manc players and exchanged handshakes and the like. We made our way to the changing rooms and for a while discussed tactics. Man City were a great side with a very attacking midfield, and the goals could come from anywhere. Petrov and Elano were the players we had to look out for and even Bojinov, their striker, had scored quite a few this season. They had conceded a few goals though so we kinda expected a few goals. Decided to keep Owen in the starting eleven and not bring Bogdan Stancu in although I did ponder the thought. I just hope we can pull it off today!

Manchester City started the game electricly and easily were the better team to start with. A very early chance after just 35 seconds as it so could of been 1-0 to the manc's. Bojinov with the chance but he couldn't capitalize on the one-on-one oppurtunity as Given turns it over the bar in some style. The next good chance would fall to the England legend Michael Owen and did he take it? Yes he bloody well did! A decent goal but not the best as he takes on Curluka at the back to have an easy finish putting it past Kasper Schmeichel. Chances were few and far between in the next periods of ht egame as Mancheter City start playing some possession football. Next chance came around the 33rd minute mark with Shay Given pulling off a magnificent save to deny Bojinov at his near post. Then something beautiful happened, they scored. Lucily for us it was disallowed. It was beautiful as it SO should of been a goal. It was a corner and it came out to Petrov but both men on the posts came off and most of our players were on the penalty spot and beyond but Bojinov was walking slowly back and Petrov hit an amazing shot with so much power and lobbing the keeper and getting it in the top corner, only to find out it was going to be disallowed. COMEDY! Then just before half time and Elano hits the bar from just inside the box. Now this seems like one of the worst halfs of football we have played this year. Unfortunatley, I may have to tell some players to BUCK THEIR IDEAS UP!

Half time came and went suprisingly quick as we only had 10 minutes for some apparent reason. I pretty much tore apart Beye as he was utter rubbish and Barton wasn't much better either. They weren't realyl paying attention and the tactics weren't really working. I was pretty stumped and asked Chris for some help. He didn't get many answers either. So as you do, I decided to tear the entire team apart in hope they may listen! And boy did they, but as soon as they did start listening we had to go back out. What a **** ref!

We started the first 5 minutes strongly but then resorted back to what we did lazily in the first half and let Ireland have enough room to hit a thunderbolt from the edge of the box to only be denied by a spectacular save by Given, my current man of the match. As they were annihalating us at every possible oppurtunity and with Barton playing rubbish I decided to bring him off for Faye. A more defensive option. Unlucky for me though, James Milner picked up a slight knock and I wasn't taking any chances and soon after Alan Smith came on for dear James. 72 minutes gone and Man City come close yet again!? This time Elano hits another beaut but it goes straight to Shay Given who was fortunate enough to have his positioning spot on. Then pretty much our only real chance of the entire second half came with Michael Owen scoring yet again, 2-0 and boy we didn't deserve it. Martins had put Owen through who then lobbed the keeper with a little power to score from 20 yards. The commentator at the time was quoted saying "Now that is a special goal!". N'zogbia was making some great runs now with Taylor being our rock at the back for the time being. I then decided to bring our hero of the match, Michael Owen, off and brought on Emre to sure up the midfield. It was only a miunte after he scored in fact! Nothing happened in the last 5 minutes apart from a few Man City players having a little tantrum at the referee. Hilarious(!)

We were lucky today. I made sure the players knew that as some of them were dredful. Taylor, Given, N'Zogbia, Owen and martins were all decent but they were playing like how the rest should be playing. We got lucky but every team has that one game where they have nothing but a few shots and they pull them off. Man of the match went to Michael Owen for his 2 goals and great performance.

Dinner was a load of shite as the other half was out on a girls night out and the little devil had a sleepover at a friends house. Alone and wondering about the next game, as if my memory serves me right, was Sunderland. Now wouldn't it be good if we good somehow continue this form and just win something? Just once. "I have a dream" - Martin Luther King

Newcastle 2 - 0 Man City
Owen 15,83

Given - 8
Beye - 6
Enrique - 7
Radoi - 7
Taylor - 8
Milner - 7 (Sub 70)
N'Zogbia - 8
Butt - 7
Barton - 6 (Sub 60)
Owen - 9 (Sub 84)
Martins - 8

Harper - Unused Sub
Smith - 6 (On 70)
Emre - 6 (On 84)
Faye - 7 (On 60)
Stancu - Unused Sub

Round The Grounds
Aston Villa 3 - 1 Tottenham
Liverpool 0 - 1(e) Middlesborough
Newcastle 2 - 0 Man City
Portsmouth 2 - 0 Birmingham
Sheffield United 0(p) - 0 Burnley
Sunderland 3 - 1 Blackburn
Wolves 2 - 1 Leicester
West Ham 2 - 1 Derby

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
October 2007 - An Overview

Flying high! Last month we had a very good month only dropping points at the Emirates in what seemed an eventful month. Coming into this month it seemed that it was going to be a tad hard with Manchester United(H) and Liverpool(A) in the first two games. Although it turned out great once again.

Newcastle 3 - 1 Manchester United
What a game! Obafemi was on tune in the game as he slotted twice with my main center back Mirel Radoi also getting a goal. In the match we also got our first red card of the season as Emre got sent off for two bookable offences. We scored after only 40 seconds too! An amazing game which I'm sure players/staff and fans alike won't forget for a long time to come. Legendary Match.

Liverpool 0 - 1 Newcastle United
Another shock victory after the Manure game as Martins again is the hero of the day. Second red card of the season and second in two games, as Nicky Butt repeats Emre's two bookings to see red. Our fantastic run continues with us seeing top spot still. Obafemi is a total legend!

Newcastle United 5 - 0 Bolton Wanderers
A massive win here at home to Bolton Wanderers. It started with Obafemi Martins scoring another hat-trick this season inside 36 minutes, he now has 21 goals this season. He is in mind-blowing form. Emre, back from suspension from his red card against Manure notchs a goal as does toon to be legend Bogdan Stancu, who is still trying to find a way into the first team. Team Spirit and morale are incredibly high now.

Newcastle United 2 - 0 Manchester City
Another very good win in the Carling Cup as we look to progress in the cup near the final stages, now into the Quater Final. Michael Owen was the man to get both goals now we both goals towards milestones in the amtch. One in the first 15 minutes and the second in the last 10 minutes or so. Liverpool, Tottenham, Chelsea, Manure and Man City are all out, so we could go on and win here!

What an amazing month! We had been unlucky to have to start it with two horrible games against Manchester United and Liverpool but we stood strong and we showed just how good we really are. Obafemi was a legend again but didn't look as good as he usually does, as everyone else was raising their game. Terrific! We will get a month where we get all the awards and we were so close to getting it this time! I deservedly(!) won Manager of the Month again and Martins gets his accolade also. The place where it went wrong was Young Player of the Month where they messed it up a bit. I would of had Charles top with Aaron second, and Steven in third but they so it differently. On the Premiership table side of things and there is a shock at the bottom of the league. Blackburn Rovers are bottom after 11 games with only 3 points!? For us though it is all good as we are 4 points clear of Chelsea who are 4 points clear of Arsenal in third. Local rivals Sunderland are sitting uncomfortably in 19th place. Wahoo!

Manager Of The Month
1.James Edmonds
2.Arsene Wenger
3.Avram Grant

Player Of The Month
1.Obafemi Martins
2.Elano
3.Aaron Lennon

Young Player Of The Month
1.Aaron Lennon
2.Steven Taylor
3.Charles N'Zogbia

Table-October.jpg

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Still unbeaten! How much are you paying the other teams for this? Great work, you have a future in managing and scouting Jaz :p

covlad-99

International Cricketer
Hey Jaz, great update. Still top and unbeaten all season! Is this real?!? Sorry I haven't got round to posting in a while, but I'm here now and thats the main thing :p Good luck with the rest of the Toon season! I say get Alan Shearer in your backroom staff!

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Just thought I would post that the thread has received 1,000 views now.

:happyThanks to everyone who has viewed, and special thanks to those who have posted. It does not go unoticed. :happy

EDIT: Doubt there will be an update tonight as I just did four paragraphs and accidentaly pressed refresh and am now really hacked off. :( Sorry.

Last edited:

Jaztheman

Chairman of Selectors
Saturday 3rd November

A busy few days it has been with alot of things happening. The board have decided to reward our great form and financial balance with an extra £5.25 million in the transfer kitty, so when it comes January we can improve our squad further. The other big news to happen in the few days was the draw of the Carling Cup Quater Final. Luckily enough we were drawn at home to Championship side Wolves, which in reality and on paper puts us through to the Semi Final Although it could go wrong. Interesting match up next, should be a good game to say the least...

Well, today's game was going to be an important one, mainly for the fans confidence. We were away Arch-Rivals Sunderland at the Stadium Of Light. They were all the way in 19th whilst we were patrolling first place, and we weren't going to drop any points today, especially against someone like Sunderland! We arrived at the Stadium Of Light in a confident and optimistic sense, we were going to win! I told the lads yet again how important this game was to the fans and commercially, and in every sense, really how important this game was to the club. They all seemed to understand, even the new Romanians and new players seemed to understand how big this was. Speaking of Romanians, 5 of them would be starting today's game. 5 changes today as Stancu comes in to replace Owen, Margaritescu comes in for Nicky Butt, Sepsi in for Milner, Torje in for N'Zogbia and Geremi in for the infamous Beye. Alot of changes to the line -up leaves us with 5 Romanians starting, and one on the bench. Sepsi and Margaritescu both get a suprise start as we look to dominate the game and let the fans go home happy and cheerfull.

"Who needs Mourinho, We've got Edmond-inho" were the chants ringing around the stadium at the start of the half. Why were they so jubilant? Because we had just scored! Margaritescu and Barton had palyed passes between them and then played a lovely one-two with Margaritescu then receiving the ball just inside our half and he then hit an inch perfect pass for Martins to run on to and hit straight at Gordon, but compose himself to net at the second attempt. Sunderland came back fiery though with two chances coming straight after, both falling to Connolly. The first was supplied by a great run from Edwards down the wing only for Connolly to head just over. The second was this time made by Whitehead in which he crosses the ball straight to Connolly who on the half volley hits it high and over. 16 minutes gone and we take the lead again with Martins this time running down the wing, only to cut back inside and square it to Margaritescu who lofts a ball to Barton who finishes the move cleanly with a cool,calm and collected finish. 2-0 and we are cruising! Another chance comes as Barton yet again is the final man with the shot as Margaritescu tee's him up for him only to hit the post dad on from 30 yards! A brilliant strike. Unfortunatley for us though, Sunderland hit back. Their main man, and main target, David Connolly got lucky as we fail to clear our lines at numerous times and he has an easy finish at the far post, although I must admit he took it well. We dominate possesion from there on until the end of the half with only one more real chance, in which José Enrique crosses to Stancu at the front post to hit his hard shot straight at Gordon who had his positioning right on. Half Time shortly came after, with us dominating the first half and playing overall good football.

We went in at the break comfortably 2-1 up but I was please with the amount of chances we had created, although on the negative side we could of had even more. The lads were delighted, estatic even, to be leading at half time, away in a Tyneside Derby. Margaritescu was playing magnificently in his holding position with Martins and Stancu linkiing up well, what a dilema I have up front now!? Barton, bar his goal and shot from 30 yards, hasn't really done much more and will probaly come off in the second half. The lads enjoyed the team talk and their morale and team spirit can only be labelled as 'Superb'.

The Second Half started slowly in one sense with only 1 chance in the first 20 minutes, and even then the finish was terrible. The chance fell to Obafemi Martins who wellied it straight into 7th row after a delicious ball from Joey Barton. Alas! We finally got our two goal advantage back, Martins this time keeping his shot down and burying it hard. Milner made the chance after just coming on for Barton as he lofted his ball high for Martins to volley home from 15 yards, great strike. Sarghi and N'Zobia both came on too, on for Margaritescu(played brilliantly) and Enrique respectively. Next chance game minutes later as Sunderland try to claw back into the game with Quinton Fortune putting Connolly in, for only him to find the wrong side of the bar. Yes! What, no! Oh wait it's in, yes! A scruffy goal to say the least but Stancu deserved it. Torje wipped a ball in, but it was poor and went straight to Hallard who took to long, in which Stancu came in and tackled him to score from 5 yards. "Martins! Martins!Martins!" Hat-trick! Sunderland make a formation change to 4-2-4 and as soon as they do they conceded a goal! Sepsi recieving the ball on the edge of our are and he hoofs it into their half where it is a one v two situation, but Martins takes on McShane to leave only Gordon in his way but Martins chooses to hit his shot incredibly early and from 30/35 yards! What a piledriver. Oh my god, 5-1 away at Sunderland?! No wait, 6! 4 minutes of stoppage time added on and we used it to our advantage as Martins gets his fourth of the day as he heads home on the penalty spot from a pin point ball from James Milner. That was his 22nd goal in 12 league games! The fans were going crazy, this was history.

The lads were emphatic walking down the tunnel and could still hear the voices of thousand of Geordies singing their praises. 6-1! 4 goals in the second half thanks to three magic subsitutions by the master, Me. Haha, I told the lads that they were brilliant and would get two days off training. That's how much the win meant to me. No one could really speak that much and before you know it we were getting fans running into the dressing room shouting " Oh my god, fantastic. I love you" and then the security running in after and pining them to the ground. Ha! Oh how I love football nowadays, the Geordie fans are the best in the world.

What a game it was today, although it is good to be home as I have a banging headache. The Geordies sure know how to make noise. We were still 4 points clear but we had played 12 games. We had scored a mammoth 34 goals and conceded a measley 8. Martins also now has 25 goals in 15 games, what a total legend! It's nice for our biggest win of the season to be away against our arch-rivals though. I don't know what to say really apart from, ****ing fantastic. "Computers are useless. They can only give you answers" - Pablo Piccasso.

Sunderland 1 - 6 Newcastle United
Martins 2,66,85,90+4
Barton 16
Stancu 79

Given - 8
Geremi - 7
Enrique - 6(Sub 57)
Radoi(c) - 7
Taylor - 8
Margaritescu - 8(Sub 57)
Torje - 7
Sepsi - 8
Barton - 7(Sub 57)
Stancu - 8
Martins - 10

Owen - Unused Sub
Harper - Unused Sub
Milner - 8(On 57)
Sarghi - 7(On 57)
N'Zogbia - 7(On57)

Round The Grounds
Arsenal 0 - 1 Chelsea
Aston Villa 3 - 1 Birmingham
Bolton 0 - 1 Derby
Liverpool 2 - 0 Portsmouth
Man Utd 3 - 1 Blackburn
Reading 3 - 4 Wigan
Sunderland 1 - 6 Newcastle
West Hame 2 - 2 Man City

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Well that really is the icing on the cake at the start of this season. They must be hailing you as god up there. What a win, surely you have to lose sometime?! :p

Users who are viewing this thread