Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters

Highlander999

ICC President
Is that a hint to hurry up with the next update ;)

I'll hopefully update tonight. Once again thanks for the great comments everyone :)

Highlander999

ICC President
Tuesday 2nd April

With me having just picked up two wickets the team were pretty fired up. If we could just get the wicket of Habib we would have a good chance of winning this match. Maunders the new batsman would also be a crucial wicket as once we got him we would be into Nixon nice and early. I was pretty tired as I had given it my all into the few overs that I had bowled but I was ready to bowl my 9 overs straight off.

However things did not go well for us. We could not seem to carry on with the momentum we had built up. I was thundering in bowling very well but it seemed like the cricketing God is obviously a Foxes fan and this was proven when David dropped Habib after he edged me behind. Leicestershire were able just to nurdle the ball around for singles and by the end of the twenty-fifth over, the Foxes only needed 27 more runs to win. Our poor fielding had let us down.

Cricket20052008-01-1014-50-07-53.jpg

The skip tried to rally us but it was a lost cause.

"Come on guys, keep your heads up. We still have a few runs to work with."

But we knew it was over. Although we were bowling well, singles were just leaking away and eventually Habib hit Jimmy for 4 to win the match. It was a crushing defeat for us. We had bowled very well but had not been backed up by the fielders or the batsmen. The Foxes had reached the small total off just 31 overs. Everyone was really gutted. I went and shook Habib's hand. He spoke first

"You bowled well mate, I really struggled against you. I think your team needs catching practice though."

"Yeah it was a pretty poor performance by us today. You played well though. Well done mate."

Cricket20052008-01-1015-02-43-51.jpg

The stats told a pretty sombre picture. All the bowlers had bowled well but the Foxes had just been able to cruise along at a steady rate to chase down the total. Back in the changing room I saw that Gibson was awarded MOM. I was not surprised. His bowling had absolutely destroyed us and we had no real answer to him. However we had other issues namely the Players Revolt!!!!!!

Cricket20052008-01-1015-03-30-90.jpg

The coach came out of his office and told us he had arranged a Press Conference and was heading out to do it now. We all switched on the TV and waited

Thank you for coming here Ladies and Gentlemen on such short notice.

It is with great regret that I inform you that Rob Key the Captain of Kent is resigning the captaincy with immediate effect. Rob has been an excellent Captain for Kent and has agreed to stay on and focus on his batting. We are now pleased to announce that David Fulton has agreed to be a temporary captain till the end of the season. David is a very experienced player and we hope that he will be able to bring some trophies home this season.

Thank you for your time. Any questions?

A load of questions were asked after this by journalists but I was not listening. I thought this was very unfair on Rob who I thought was a great captain. It looked however he had been forced out. I felt disappoined with the club and with the team. I drove slowly home feeling really gutted for Rob. I hoped he would be alright and would not be too upset. I was not looking forward to training as it would be very akward. I was pretty low

Karachi Xpress

Chairman of Selectors
Nice update...You guys actually had no chance at the start of the innings, but some quick wickets got some hope in the game.

Thats sad that Rob resigned from captaincy. Lets see how you guys do with David as your new captain!

tonka998

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeh - disappointing to see Rob Key resigning there but lets hope Fulton can reinstate some enthusiasm and performances into the team! :) Gr8 update as always! :)

OrderDX

International Cricketer
great update not good that key lost captaincy but i am looking forward to the next update disappointing performance from the team but a good individual one from you

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Hmmm, this clearly says, we should have had a competitive total to defend. Nevertheless, amazing bowling by you! Your form should be unaffected irrespective of this result.

Fantastic as always! :clap

Skater

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
keep up with your form and you will be the captain next season

i like how you havent made this into a guide to instant success, you missed out on the lions squad, you weren't made the temporary captain, you lost your last game, very good work

Highlander999

ICC President
Nice update...You guys actually had no chance at the start of the innings, but some quick wickets got some hope in the game.

Thats sad that Rob resigned from captaincy. Lets see how you guys do with David as your new captain!

Yeh - disappointing to see Rob Key resigning there but lets hope Fulton can reinstate some enthusiasm and performances into the team! :) Gr8 update as always! :)

great update not good that key lost captaincy but i am looking forward to the next update disappointing performance from the team but a good individual one from you

Hmmm, this clearly says, we should have had a competitive total to defend. Nevertheless, amazing bowling by you! Your form should be unaffected irrespective of this result.

Fantastic as always! :clap

keep up with your form and you will be the captain next season

i like how you havent made this into a guide to instant success, you missed out on the lions squad, you weren't made the temporary captain, you lost your last game, very good work

Thanks everyone for the comments. It is really appreciated :hpraise I won't be able to update till mid-week as I'm going away to Paris tomorrow. Keep posting your comments people, they are always really welcome :)

gamerkid22

National Board President
Ohh you lost the match but u have many positives to gain from it. You bowled well Tom just 19 runs and 2 wickets in 9 overs which is great imo. Sad to see Key resigning.

Great work as always Tom and enjoy in Paris :happy. Happy Journey.:)

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
You seem very sympathetic for Rob. That is a very nice quality in any person ;). Shame about that huge defeat, I am sure you will bounce back.

surendar

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
You seem very sympathetic for Rob. That is a very nice quality in any person ;).

Yes indeed.. Though I would have loved to see Tom's reaction when some shocking news like, " Tom Baker has been announced as the new captain since none of the other players are willing to take it up! " appear some time soon... :D

Highlander999

ICC President
Thanks everyone for your patience while I was away. It is really appreciated. I am looking to update tomorrow and all I am going to say is you won't want to miss the next match. It is going to be very interesting :cool:

I'll leave you to guess at what is going to happen ;)

Users who are viewing this thread