Story Three Lions on the Shirt? - Match Day: Northamptonshire fight back!!!

When will Tom Baker get his England call up?

• Total voters
kool good lcuk and also cannot witor the west indies match and see how you perform great twist to the story as always! Great Work!!!

Am I dreaming :what You joining in WestIndies? ;) :p It's a promising start of your cricket career. Don't get distracted by other stuffs else, you will loose even your club position because of lack of concentration.

Storyline is fantastic as always :hpraise

Wednesday 3rd April

As I was driving home I was planning my moves ;) The restaurant was Italian so I would stay clear of anything with too much sauce in it in case I splashed it onto my shirt :o Something like a pizza would be a safe bet. I was going for the smart but casual look. Dark trousers with a collared shirt would be the perfect match I had decided. I was too busy thinking about my wardrobe I nearly went into the back of the car in front of me which had stopped for a red light.

Eventually I arrived home (after no more close calls) I got myself dressed and left to head over to her place to pick her up. There wasn't any traffic and I arrived there with plenty of time to spare. I parked up and went and knocked on her door. She opened the door. She looked simply radiant. We chatted on the way to the restaurant about life, she had just finished a degree in medicine and was working at the local hospital.

The meal was a big hit. I had a very nice funghi pizza while she had raviolli. She wanted to split the bill but I payed for it fully. Always the gentleman ;) The theatre was a big let down and we left half-way through it. It was just too boring. I took her back to her place where we cracked open a couple of bottle's of wine. We began to get pretty drunk. Eventually we begam to head upstairs. :eek:

And you won't be hearing any more of this night ;)

Thursday 4th April

The next morning I woke up and it wasn't my bed I was in :p Gemma was downstairs and when I arrived she already had breakfast cooked. Not bad for a first date. I soon headed of as she had work and I had training. I promised to call her. It had been a big sucess :happy

At the ground I found everyone wolf-whistling at me and slapping me on the back. I later found out that Cooky had also been in the restaurant. Just my luck :rolleyes: He had told everyone and Cooky had gone around to my place this morning to see me and found me not there. Everyone had put two and two together to guess what had happened. Eventually Graham arrived and told us the plan for today.

"Right boys. Firstly. Congratulations to Tom on last night."

Everyone cheered and I went bright red.

"Ok. Settle down. Today I want to have a 2 Hour batting session with David, Martin, Rob, Mike, Matt, Darren and Tom batting. I also want Cooky, Sheriy, Martin, Amjad and Jimmy bowling in sperate nets."

The session went really well for me. I didn't get out and felt in good touch. Amjad in the other net was bowling superbly. He had yet to play in a match this season but was causing Matty all sorts of problems. I wondered whether he would get in the team.

In very good form
51218.jpg

Eventually the session ended and the coach went of to make the team up. We all hung around and waited for him to come out of his office. After half an hour he did and went straight to the notice board with a sheet of paper and pinned it up. We all raced forward.

20/20 v West Indies @ Home
1. D. Fulton (C)
2. M. Walker
3. M van Jaarsveld
4. M. Carberry
5. R. Key (wk)
6. D. Stevens
7. T. Baker
8. J. Tredwell
9. S. Cook
10. M. Saggers
11. A. Sheriyar
12th man: A. Khan

Meet in the changing rooms at 10:00.a.m. First delivery at 4:30.p.m.​

That was a very strong team the coach had put up especially the batting line-up. There had been a bit of re-shuffling with Rob moving up to five. Hopefully with there being less pressure on him he would regain some form. I had been wondering if Amjad would get picked and would not be carrying the drinks, but he was still twelfth man. It was pretty unlucky for him as he had been in good form recently. Maybe next match.

With the match now looming I was beginning to get a bit nervous. Nearly 3/4 of the tickets had already been sold and a big crowd was expected. Hopefully I would perform well.

great update and well doen on your success new gf by the looks of things mate. Make sure she doesn't distract you though lol! Good luck in the 20/20 match will be tough to beat the Windies though.

Awesome update mate. All the best for the 20-20 match against the Windies :thumbs. Hit 6 sixes in 6 balls and get 6 wickets in 6 balls ;) just destroy the opposition ;). Great story writer :clap and great presentation :cheers

Thursday 4th April

That evening I was very restless. I couldn't settle down to anything. I tried to watch some TV but I was just too nervous and wasn't really listening. I was thinking about tomorrow. All these images were in my head of me bowling to Brian Lara, me being bowled for a duck, me being hit for six. I was in pretty poor shape mentally. I had to change my attitude if I was to play well tomorrow. I made a phone call to Gemma. I had managed to get her acess to all areas of the ground and she said she would be watching me and cheering me on. That made me feel slightly better. Eventually I decided to head of to bed. Hopefully in the morning I would feel better.

Friday 5th April

The Big Day. Today I would get my first taste of international cricket. I had to do well. I had heard the majority of the England team would be there, checking out the opposition. Legends like KP, Vaughan, Collingwood and Panesar all watching. It was enough to turn any youngsters head. I managed to eat a big breakfast of pancakes and syrup. Not the most healthy, but definetly very tasty :)

At 9:30 I got in the car and headed of to the ground. On the way there I could already see a few West Indies fan's meeting at the ground. They had all the whistles, flags and tin-drums. It would be like a carnival inside the ground. Eventually I arrived at the ground a bit later than usual as the traffic had been quite heavy. Most of the team were there but I could not see Graham anywhere. I went over to David to ask where he was,

"Graham fell down some stairs last night and broke his leg. He is currently in hospital. He is hoping to be able to come and watch the later part of the match but for the moment Tim (the bowling coach) will be in charge today."

Not the best of omens then. the West Indies team was already in the away team's changing room getting ready. Brian Lara had already popped in and given us the team sheet for the Windies. Here is how the teams matched up

pinneysbeach-744787.jpg

That team looked scarily strong. We would have to play very well just to be in the same category as them. We spent the rest of the morning discussing tactics and how we would play our innings. It was decided that we would probably like to bowl first. We headed out and did some warming up, mainly just some light fielding exercises and generally just to get our bodies warmed up.

Luckily this match wasn't going to be televised as it was only a friendly, so we all stayed outside to see the result of the toss. Lara called tails correctly and decided to bat first on a hard pitch. This was exactly what we wanted to happen and so we headed back in to get ourselves warmed up. The ground was nearly full :eek: mainly with school kids who ended school early on Friday's and already quite a few business men skiving work. Plus the Windies travelling fans and the die-hard Kent fans meant it was an amazing atmosphere.

CV9ICAXH0EQXCA8ZKJOOCASXAJCUCAKIGIP.jpg

Eventually the umpires arrived and told us it was time to head out. I was really nervous but had decided to do well for Gemma and the team. Hopefully I could pass the first hurdle and perform well with the ball.

Cricket20052008-01-1715-01-44-67.jpg

batting second is never easy in 20/20 especially if they set a big score...good luck adn lets hop you get over the nerves and take some wickets

when will next update be>?

Users who are viewing this thread