REVIEW - PS2 Cricket 2005

kamy100

Associate Captain
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox 360
REVIEW OF PS2 VERSION:

I have played the game for about 6 hours so feel that I am now in a position to do a review of the game.

I will start by saying that the game is much much much better than Cricket 2004.

The interface is very good. Easy to use and very professional. Also the default teams are good there are no major omissions and the starting elevens are just about right.

OK lets look at gameplay. Firstly bowling, this has been totally overhauled from Cricket 2004 and Cricket 2002. It takes some getting used to but once you do it is excellent and realistic. Good bowling gets rewarded and with the improvements in AI if you ball good balls then the computer batsman treats you with respect and doesn't smash you all over the ground. I played a 50 over match with Pakistan against India and managed to ristrict them to 240 of 50 Overs, this was due consitently tight bowling. There are a multitude of different deliveries and bowlers all have different strengths. The special deliveries are a nice addition.

Now what about batting, well what can I say other than it is damn hard, even if you play on easy mode. I have not got it sussed but I what you need is pateince and need to anticipate where the bowler is going to ball. You need to read the line and then make the righ shot selection and then bit by bit you will get better and better at it. Also the batsman's confidence has a bearing the more confident he gets the easier it is to score runs. From what I have seen the AI batting has been improved. I have played fuill one day internationals and test matches and I have yet to come across a AI team who just hits everything for fours and sixes which is good as this really runied Cricket 2004.

There are bugs but so far I none of the gameplay ones are "showstoppers" but things such as when a batsman gets out having scored runs but a duck walks across and fielders teleporting across the pitch should have been picked up by the developers.

Overall this is a very decent cricket game and like I said before in my opinion it is an improvement on cricket 2004. For me to give this such a positive review is a big thing because I never expected the game to by any good and am very sceptical about all things EA, but this time I will say that they have done a decent job. Will it be better than BLIC? Well time will tell!!

Adil

School Cricketer
Good Review and the BLC demo seems like alot of **** :eek:

procricketer

School Cricketer
Ah !! people always used to support BLIC . Good to see some nice posts about Cricket 2005

ScobieB

Club Cricketer
Nice review Id agree with all of. Ive probably played for about 6 hours now. Starting against the easy teams, USA, Naimibia and Kenya.

Only one Ive managed to beat so far is the USA. I bowled them out for 30, but then it took me 22 overs and 8 wickets before I managed to top that.

Was well happy when I managed to get 100 against Namibia on a fast pitch, but still lost by 20 runs and Kenya, well Id rather not talk about it :hpraise

raptorclaw

School Cricketer
I remember my first time with the game ... it was wonderful. AUS v INDIA, Lords, green pitch. I thought it was a breeze. Lee bowled a maiden first-up and got Gambhir and Tendulkar off successive deliveries. I was over the moon! The only decent batsmen seemed to be Dhoni and Sehwag, who seemed unable to get singles or fours and contented himself with a six every 15 balls or so. Gillespie did the real damage, 6-13, and finished the Indians off in Over 48 for a measly 125!!!

Then Bad Things started to happen. Gilchrist and Ponting for ducks. A four. A runout. A runout. A catch. A runout. A runo--, no, just a run. Very soon, the World Champs were 11 all out, losing to India by 114 runs. Oh, ****.

Users who are viewing this thread