Story -- Planet Cricket Rocker Vs Bangladesh -- ODI Series --

S_Harmison

International Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
-------

istockphoto_79614_airport_arrivals.jpg

The 18 man squad arrived in Bangladesh last week ahead of three ODI's against the national team, they looked upbeat after there win against a World XI including some big name stars, however, Bangladesh cannot be treated as a pushover, thsi series will be well contested and as the team arrives they chat to the press about the journey and what lies ahead;

This is YOUR oppertunity to give an interview, please only do so if you were chosen in the 18 man squad for the Bangladesh series, if you have forgeotten here is the list:

1: JK16.4
2: Das Vicky
3: KelvinIsMyName
4: RabbitohRob
5: MWaugh
6: Sunil Ojha
7: No Remorse
8: Briggesy
9: FreddieFan
10: Neon
11: M.Bala
12: S_Harmison
13: Wild Wil
14: Sid 19480
15: Turbinator
16: NightProwler
17: Pak.Cric

-------

Pak_cricketer

Chairman of Selectors
As Pak_cricketer was staring at the pitch, Ramiz Raja came running. then said

Ramiz: "Hello, Pak Cricketer how are you today?
PKC:fine

Ramiz: "What are your plans for this series?
PKC: " Well i would like to pick up some wickets because the track looks good for fast Bowlers"

Ramiz: "Where in the Order will you bat?"
PKC: "anywhere the selectors put me."

Ramiz: "have you started practicing?"
PKC says Sarcasticly "no"

Ramiz: 'It was nice talking to you .."
PKC: "thanks"

das_vicky

International Cricketer
it was quite obvous that das wanted to have a go at the bangladeshis, but never anybody knew that he turned from a camera shy to a Camera glamour

Newspaper correspondent----Your first match??
das---no i have played cricket before......(laughs, certainly he's in a good mood)
corr-- Any plans?? I mean any strategy relating to ur batting?
das-- yes, gone through a complete mental makeover.....have some secret plans for my batting, one of them is to try to not get out
corr--- How do u rate ur team in comparison to Bangladesh's?
das--- they are a gr8 team now, they have improved a lot now, they are giving a fight against every team, but sadly nough , we are goin to win.......to say atleast

This confident sounding das has clearly reflected the mindset of the PCR, and why not the are at top now after beating WODXI in a nail biting finish..Certainly many new faces will be seen this season for PCR.... This series is setting up to be a "rocker"

ashu2411

International Coach
good to see rockers back for some cricket now after enjoying a good long break. I hope they have done some practise during their holidays.

Briggsey

International Coach
Whilst walking through the airport, Planetcricket's Captain for the game against World XI; Briggsey, was stopped by David Gower who asked if he had time for a quick interview

David Gower: Briggsey, do you have time for a quick interview?

Briggsey: Yes of course, anything for Sky!

David Gower: So, coming off the back of a great win against the best 11 players in the world, how do you feel to be heading off to play against what the rankings say are the worst 11 players in the world right now?

Briggsey: Well David, first of all I think its very harsh to be saying that about Bangladesh, they have some good young talent who are fresh and ripe and hungry for success, The likes of Mohammed Ashraful and Aftab Ahmed are very dangerous and when you add the experience of Rafique and Bashar, they could beat anyone on their day as they showed against Australia recently

David Gower: Very true, so what are your thoughts on your teams chances?

Briggsey: Well obviously we head into every game wanting to win, it would be silly not too, and this series is the same, we want to win every game convincingly and we believe we have the players to do it, and hopefully we can prove our critics wrong

David Gower: Which critics are you talking about?

Briggsey: Well I heard you say we did not deserve test status a few weeks ago David, and my team mates did not take nicely to that! MWaugh commented he wanted to kick your "bloody pom ass" and S_Harmison said he would "have a quiet word with you" the next time he saw you, so watch your back in the airport.......

David Gower thanks Briggsey for his time and is later seen heading for the next taxi into town

ZoraxDoom

Respected Legend
Bah, being selector sucks. No Vcash or interview :noway

Atleast I get to dump those who haven't paid their dues *hint hint* :p

FreddieFan

International Coach
*David Gower approaches FreddieFan*

Gower: Hi, got time for a quick word?
Freddiefan: Sure
Gower: You're going to be the one of the sprearheads of the attack out in Bangladesh. How do you feel you will cope with the conditions and the pitches?
Freddiefan: Well, the humidity means I may not be able to bowl such long spells, but in one day matches that isnt such a big problem. I feel the pitches aren't that relevent - I'm more interested in tying down and end and not conceding too many runs than taking mountains of wickets.
Gower: We also hear you have been working hard on your batting. How's that coming along?
Freddiefan: *laughs* Well, I'm hopefully good enough to hold up and end for a more ably batter, but if I dont bat once on the entire tour I wont be that disappointed.
Gower: Thanks for your time
Freddiefan: No problem *smiles at camera and walks off*

rabbitoh rob

International Cricketer
[B]Michael Slater and Rabbitoh Rob meet up for a quiet chat and a few beers at the airport before the team flys out on tour. :cheers [/B]

Michael Slater:- Well done mate on being picked for the PCR, you must be proud.

Rabbitoh Rob:- Thanks slats, i am over the bloody moon. After my poor performance with the bat against the world XI i thought they selectors could have a knee jerk reaction and drop me.

MS:- You look in good touch that night before Shewag took a blinder of a catch, plus you took three solid catches and were very safe and tidy with the gloves!

RR:- Yeah i was disappointed because i felt i was striking the ball pretty well, i just did not get quiet over the top of the ball and against a team like the World XI you only need to give a half chance then bang. Your out. I was happy with my keeping performance.

MS:- Have you set some goals for the up comming tour?

RR:- Yeah i have slats, my first goal is to establish a perminant position in the side by producing top performances with both bat and gloves. The other goals are team goals such as playing well together, getting on well with all the boys and what not. A team of 11 players playing for each other will always beat a team of 11 individuals playing for themselves.

MS:- Wise words

RR:- Well yeah i suppose they are, this is the additude that we have over at Derbyshire at the moment and we are going great guns, I am hoping myself and my Derbyshire team mates S.Harmison, no remose and PRC selector ZoraxDoom can instil this ethic and additude with the rest of the boys, I think it is starting to rub off as we are really training as a unit.

MS:- Thanks for you time Rabbitoh Rob, as usual it good to see you mates.

RR:- Cheers slats good to see you to buddy.

ashu2411

International Coach
Briggsey said:
Whilst walking through the airport, Planetcricket's Captain for the game against World XI; Briggsey, was stopped by David Gower who asked if he had time for a quick interview

David Gower: So, coming off the back of a great win against the best 11 players in the world, how do you feel to be heading off to play against what the rankings say are the worst 11 players in the world right now?

Briggsey: Well David, first of all I think its very harsh to be saying that about Bangladesh, they have some good young talent who are fresh and ripe and hungry for success, The likes of Mohammed Ashraful and Aftab Ahmed are very dangerous and when you add the experience of Rafique and Bashar, they could beat anyone on their day as they showed against Australia recently

Briggsey: Well obviously we head into every game wanting to win, it would be silly not too, and this series is the same, we want to win every game convincingly and we believe we have the players to do it, and hopefully we can prove our critics wrong

David Gower: Which critics are you talking about?

Briggsey: Well I heard you say we did not deserve test status a few weeks ago David, and my team mates did not take nicely to that! MWaugh commented he wanted to kick your "bloody pom ass" and S_Harmison said he would "have a quiet word with you" the next time he saw you, so watch your back in the airport.......

David Gower thanks Briggsey for his time and is later seen heading for the next taxi into town
Good interview brigggsey but frankly speaking I wanted some more responsible and sensible comments from the captain of rockers whome we support.

rabbitoh rob

International Cricketer
ashu2411 said:
Good interview brigggsey but frankly speaking I wanted some more responsible and sensible comments from the captain of rockers whome we support.

I agree, cmon Briggsy show some leadership ;)

Briggsey

International Coach
Briggsey said:

Ahem what do you call them!

Users who are viewing this thread