Votes: 4 9.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
eq57km.jpg

I know its been a while since my last proper story, but now I am back with an all new England International Season. I had planned to continue my previous season in Cricket 2005, but the lack of adequate editing tools at that time prevented me from doing so. I tried some variations then, but that was largely to get used to the game.

But now its back to business, and yet again the England boys are ready for their new season.

Stay tuned to this thread for updates. I must say that I am really pleased with the current status of this stories section. I hope I too can add to it with my new thread.

Bala

International Coach
Welcome back! I for one was missing your stories. Good luck with your tried and tested formula.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Tour of Pakistan

After regaining the Ashes, England are set to face their next challenge - the tour of Pakistan.

_40878280_pak_eng203.jpg

The 2-1 series win over the Aussies has propelled Michael Vaughan's team to greatness, and many reckon that this is now the team to beat. But beating Pakistan at home will surely require another special performance from this English side.

England did beat Pakistan in their last tour in 2001, with match winning hundreds from Graham Thorpe and Nasser Hussain. But things have changed since then, and teams have changed too.
We can expect that this time around its going to be very hard indeed to beat Inzamam-ul-Haq's young Pakistani outfit. But England too have developed a young team of their own over the past two years, and have already become world-beaters after outplaying the World Champions.

All in all an exciting series awaits us, with these two quality sides ready to battle it out!

MWaugh

International Coach
welcome back sid. the stories section will be a whole lot stronger with the england season back

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
England's Tour Schedule announced

England's Pakistan tour schedule has been announced, and as expected there will be no test match played at Karachi.

OCTOBER

26: Arrive in Pakistan

31-2 Nov: Tour match, Rawalpindi

NOVEMBER

6-8: Tour match, Bagh-e-Jinnah, Lahore

12-16: First Test, Multan

20-24: Second Test, Iqbal Stadium, Faisalabad

29-3 Dec: Third Test, Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

DECEMBER

7: One-day warm-up, Bagh-e-Jinnah, Lahore

10: First ODI, Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

12: Second ODI, Gaddafi Stadium, Lahore

15: Third ODI, National Stadium, Karachi

19: Fourth ODI, Rawalpindi

21: Fifth ODI, Rawalpindi

22: England team fly home.

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
MWaugh said:
welcome back sid. the stories section will be a whole lot stronger with the england season back
Machanperu Bala said:
Welcome back! I for one was missing your stories. Good luck with your tried and tested formula.
Thanks guys. Its good to be back!

MWaugh said:
what game will you be playing with?
Cricket 2005

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Welcome back Sir! You were the one who fuelled the inspiration in me to compete with you in writing good stories back for C2004! Happy that u're back. Hope we can continue our healthy competition!

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
England suffer injury blows

England suffer injury blows

_40850206_tremlett203.jpg
_40874224_jones203.jpg

England's chances of a series win in Pakistan suffered a heavy blow today, with the news that Chris Tremlett and Simon Jones have both been ruled out due to injury.

Chris Tremlett, 24, had been suffering from hamstring tendonitis behind his right knee since August.

Tremlett, who took 46 wickets for the County Championship runners-up, was part of England's squad for the first four Ashes Tests but did not make the final XI on any of those occasions. He also took five wickets in three one-day internationals for his country in June.

But the big setback is surely going be to the absence of England's Ashes hero, Simon Jones. The Glamorgan paceman has failed to recover from the ankle spurs that sidelined him for the final Ashes Test and will now undergo surgery.

The Glamorgan pace bowler played a vital role in England's 2-1 win over Australia to win the Ashes, bagging a total of 16 wickets from 4 matches. His reverse-swing, which caused so much problems for Australia, was seen as a key to England's success in the subcontinent.

The England and Wales Cricket Board are set to announce the touring party on Monday, and it will be interesting to see who the selectors pick as replacements.

Jamee999

Club Cricketer
YAY!

And he returns to the scene, the Brian Lara of the section, a true great.

Welcome back Sid :)

sohail

International Coach
Profile Flag
England
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS4
this should be a jaffar! welcome back Sid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread