Story Pakistan:- Agony & Ecstasy - ICC World T20 2009 [Day 5, Game 7]

What feature do you think is best in my story?

• Total voters

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
TEAM PAKISTAN

46sportab.jpg

The 1992 World Cup was a special one in its own way. Rain knocked South Africa out of the Cup whilst Pakistan were in tatters after just making it through the group stages.

Then came the Revival as "Imran's Tigers" fought back with one of the greatest comebacks in World Cup history. Millions of viewers across the World witnessed history as Pakistan lifted the cup at the SCG. Their good run continued as they reached the Quarter-Finals and Finals of the 1996 & 1999 World Cup.

However, things started to go bad. In March 2007 just 1 day after their shock defeat to Ireland, former Pakistani Coach Bob Woolmer tragically died of natural causes. A new coach Geoff Lawson was appointed and made an impact as Pakistan reached the finals of the inaugural Twenty20 tournament.

123bt7.jpg

Pakistan coach Geoff Lawson has made a great start on Pakistan Cricket.

After months of relentless Terrorist Attacks by the Taliban including the horrific attack which shocked the World on the Sri Lankan Cricket team in Lahore, the ICC announced that firstly Pakistan would not host any games scheduled for the ICC Cricket World Cup in 2011.

To add insult to injury, the ICC also announced that Pakistan were prohibited to host any home matches and that any International team had the right to refuse to play.

pakistanrawalpindiattac.jpg

The twisted remains of yet another Taliban attack in Rawalpindi
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Pakistan Tours​

Last edited:

Ollie_H

Chairman of Selectors
Enjoyed your England story so really looking forward to this!

SciD

Chairman of Selectors
Better luck facing Aussies. I will be reader to this one. :thumbs

Pakistani Army

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
tensports180aa9wu6.png
Sharjah Cup In Sharjah

cocacolacupbanner600x15vs8.jpg
The Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB) today announced the schedule for the forthcoming Sharjah Cup. Chairman of the PCB Dr Naseem Ashraf said "This Triangular series is a good way of getting practice for all 3 teams ahead of the Champions Trophy.

There will be a total of 7 games lasting over a period of 9 days with all the games being played at Sharjah Cricket Ground.

Australia, New Zealand and Pakistan will be the teams competing in the Sharjah Cup.

Sharjah Cup Schedule
1) Australia vs Pakistan| Pakistan won by 174 Runs
2) Australia vs New Zealand | Australia won by 33 Runs
3) New Zealand vs Pakistan | New Zealand won by 6 Wickets
4) Australia vs Pakistan
5) Australia vs New Zealand
6) New Zealand vs Pakistan

7) Final

The telecasting rights have been given to Ten Sports to view the Sharjah Cup. Ten Sports promises to provide their viewers the best entertainment possible.

tensports180aa9wu6.png

Last edited:

.Mob

International Coach
Brilliant start to your new one, the Aussies for this one for sure!

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Where else would the Sharjah Cup be :p?

Good luck with this story. It certainly looks promising. I won't say I hope you win because I'd rather New Zealand won, so I'll say, I hope none of your fast bowlers test positive ;).

Users who are viewing this thread