10 Best Players From Your Country

ravigoteti

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Ajay is a good choice, he was flamboyant and wonderful fielder at point. He actually set the standard for india in fielding, just like Azhar did.

dayne

Club Cricketer
No Particular Order:

1. Imran Khan
2. Saeed Anwar
3. Javed Miandad
4. Wasim Akram
5. Hanif Mohammad
6. Imzaman -ul-Haq
7. Abdul Qadir
8. Shahid Afridi
9. Aamir Sohail
10. Saqlain Mushtaq

... and yes i was inclined to say shoaib akhtar, but he isn't quite in these legendary players ranks as yet.

fardin

PC Awards 2005 Most Improved Member
Imran Khan
saeed anwar
Inzimam ul Haq
Abdul Qadri
Yousf Youhana
Wasim Akram(dont need to Explain)
Waqar Younis
Shahid Afridi
Moin Khan
Saqlain Mushtaq
Amir Sohail

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
dayne said:
... and yes i was inclined to say shoaib akhtar, but he isn't quite in these legendary players ranks as yet.
And Afridi is????
Anyways I agree with almost all of your choices except Afridi. Maybe add Zaheer Abbas in his place then its a fairly good list.
Also, Waqar has had more impact than Saqlain.

Fardin, if any keeper from Pakistan makes the list, it has to be Bari. No one else comes close.

=======================================================

I had posted this thread a while back but it did not take off. I think it is slightly appropriate to this current thread so I am re-posting it. Notice I was making an All-time XI though, not picking the ten best.

shahid6995 said:
How about selecting your choices for each team's all-time XI?

Pick a total of 16 players 11 for a team and 5 reserves. Each team can have its own thread so I will make this one Pakistan's thread. Here is my All-time Pakistan team:

1. Hanif Mohammad
2. Saeed Anwar
3. Zaheer Abbas
4. Javed Miandad
5. Inzimamul Haq
6. Imran Khan (Capt) :hpraise
7. Rashid Latif (WK)
8. Wasim Akram
9. Abdul Qadir
10. Waqar Younis
11. Shoaib Akhtar :mad

Reserves
12. Saqlain Mushtaq
13. Mudassar Nazar
14. Mushtaq Mohammad
15. Wasim Bari
16. Majid Khan

A few problems with my list...
1. The tail is longer than I would like it to be, even though Qadir could hang in there like a leech sometimes.
2. Only 5 frontline bowlers, no backup like a front-line batter who also bowls (Aamir Sohail for example), but with the quality of five bowlers I have in there, hopefully wont need a backup!
3. Shoaib Akhtar :eek: !!! People who have seen my posts know how much I hate the guy. But I have to put him in there just because of his raw pace, and one more factor: With Imran as captain, you can bet there would be no showmanship or any less-than-100% effort from Shoaib, or he would be out on his ass faster than you can say Rawalpindi Express. Secondly, we can still use him in his usual 5 over bursts because with a backup like Waqar, Wasim, Imran and Qadir, he would not be carrying the bowling alone.
4. Wasim Bari was picked because I think you should have a second WK in the reserves. Moin deserves a mention but with his rotten keeping skills, he doesnt make the cut. I would pick Saleem Yousuf before Moin!

Any comments about my selections?
Someone from India should make a thread for the All-time Indian XI, an Aussie should make one for Australia and so on and so forth. Should be fun!

I shudder to think about the all-time West Indian XI!! Holding, Garner, Griffith, Hall, Marshall, Clarke, Ambrose, Walsh, Croft, Roberts..... holy freaking crap who ever makes that list has one hell of a bowling attack to pick from. I do believe that if these teams ever hypothetically faced off, an All-time WI XI would beat an all-time Australian or England XI, Bradman or no Bradman.

Last edited:

dayne

Club Cricketer
shahid6995 said:
And Afridi is????
Anyways I agree with almost all of your choices except Afridi. Maybe add Zaheer Abbas in his place then its a fairly good list.
Also, Waqar has had more impact than Saqlain.

ohh geez, lol. exemption of my "legendary list" for afridi to an extent. maybe he isnt in those players class, but he is still an extraordinary player, very unorthodox, and pakistan have never had a player like him. thought about zaheer abbas, but afridis recent innings are just so fresh in my mind that i place that i put him on.
i never liked waqar younis shahid, that is the soul reason why i didnt place him here. plus, how can you exclude saqlain mushtaq, in his peak, he was the prince of spin..

shahid6995

Club Cricketer
dayne said:
maybe he isnt in those players class, but he is still an extraordinary player, very unorthodox, and pakistan have never had a player like him.
Unorthodox, yes. One of a kind, yes. One of Pakistan's ten best ever? Absolutely not.
dayne said:
i never liked waqar younis shahid, that is the soul reason why i didnt place him here. plus, how can you exclude saqlain mushtaq, in his peak, he was the prince of spin..
Don't let your personal dislikes come into this. On the world stage, Waqar has had a much greater impact than Saqlain. He was in my reserves though :D.

dayne

Club Cricketer
it is hard to compare waqar and saqlain because of the two different bowling types. yes, dislike was the main reason i didnt choose him, but i feel as though saqlain mushtaq had greater impact when the two actually played together than waqar. pakistan in australia 99/00 comes to mind in the test matches.

as for afridi, he is, in my perspective, one of the star performers on the LONG LIST of pakistan's greatest players. obviously not on your ten, but a must for mine.

bharat

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
India
fardin said:
Imran Khan
saeed anwar
Inzimam ul Haq
Abdul Qadri
Yousf Youhana
Wasim Akram(dont need to Explain)
Waqar Younis
Shahid Afridi
Moin Khan
Saqlain Mushtaq
Amir Sohail

No Miandad?

nightprowler10

Executive member
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
Shoaib Akhtar !!! People who have seen my posts know how much I hate the guy. But I have to put him in there just because of his raw pace, and two more factors: With Imran as captain, you can bet there would be no showmanship or any less-than-100% effort from Shoaib, or he would be out on his ass faster than you can say Rawalpindi Express.
That's a very good point. I consider Imran Khan to be the Michael Jordan of cricket (atleast in leadership skills), Shoaib Akhtar the Dennis Rodman of cricket :p , and like MJ, Imran was the only one who could keep some of the rather rebellious players under control. Can you imagine what he could've done with Afridi?

agarkar

School Cricketer
azhar
ganguly
kapil dev
garner
tendulkar
jadeja
sunil gavaskar
srinath
prasad
dravid

y navjot sidhu? wen he ever played well?

angryangy

ICC Chairman
kelvinismyname said:
From westindies
1.Brian lara (vs astrialia at sydney 200 )
2.vivian Richards(best batsman of his time)
3.shiv Chanderpaul ( Most Unique but effective batting style)
4.Gordon Greenidge(one of the Best Opener in Test History)
5.Desmond Haynes(Best opener test history)
6.Lance Gibbs (53.3-37-38-8 against India he is shane warne and mulithran combine in one person)
7.Clive lyod (captained westindies to victory in 2 world cups)
8.Courtney Walsh( most wicket in test cricket for a fast bowler)
9.Malcom Marshall( one of westindies best quickies)
10Jeff Dujon( best wicket kepper of his time)
Wow, you must be the only person who thinks Garfield Sobers is over-rated.

muhammad_inzi

Club Cricketer
zaheer abbas
miandad
imran khan
wasim akram
hanif mohammed
imzamam-ul-haq
saeed anwer
yousuf youhana
abdul qadir
shoaib malik

cricketexpert

School Cricketer
INDIA'S ALL BEST PLAYERS PLAYING AND THEY STILL LOOSE AGAINST PAK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MWaugh

International Coach
bradman
s. waugh
lillie
mcgrath
warne
benaud
border
m. waugh
ponting
taylor

as you can no doubt see most of them are recent. but mainly they are the ones who brought australia back from the disaster when the windies were on top to the position they are today. im sure there are plenty of old guys that should be in there but this list seems ok

Users who are viewing this thread