10th Match: England vs New Zealand at Jo'Burg

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
Going to be tough for the Kiwis to win this one with Ryder and Tuffey out. McCullum will need to step out of his shell which doesn't look likely.

I'd assume it depends on who his opening partner is. If Martin Guptill is chosen (and this looks the most likely scenario) I'm guessing McCullum will be told to be the aggressor. If Aaron Redmond play's which looks very unlikely at this moment, I'm guessing he'll be told to try and dominate the bowling.

Ari

International Cricketer
To be fair to Diamanti hes only bowled 4 overs in international cricket and all of them were basicly in T20 situations and not in the more calm 50 over game. Also the one innings that he has had just about won us back the Chappel/Hadlee trophy if it wasn't for the rain him and Guptill would of got us home. I would play him over Hopkins

irottev

School Cricketer
To be honest I probably would rather Diremanti. But he's only going to play well if we keep slagging him off and saying he's bad.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
To be fair to Diamanti hes only bowled 4 overs in international cricket and all of them were basicly in T20 situations and not in the more calm 50 over game. Also the one innings that he has had just about won us back the Chappel/Hadlee trophy if it wasn't for the rain him and Guptill would of got us home. I would play him over Hopkins

Your've talked him up, he's bound to fail now :p

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
While I was at the gym I heard on the radio that Redmond might infact be playing tonight, good news.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Who's pulling an all nighter with me?

Maybe. I might last till the 1st innings but I do have a class at 11, might sleep for a couple of hours during the night and wake up to watch the end.

irottev

School Cricketer
If I stay up or wake up early we're bound to lose. I think I might get up early.

iridescentt

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
If Guptill ends up opening the batting with McCullum, I'm putting another 100k on England to win the match.

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
If Guptill ends up opening the batting with McCullum, I'm putting another 100k on England to win the match.

Guptill is a opening batsmen btw, he's probably our best option. You stick the extra 100K on if Hopkins gets selected ;)

Howsie

Chairman of Selectors
Didn't Guptill get his hundred opening? lols.

Sure did. He also opened in Australia and made 45 in the 3rd game I think and 66 of 31 in that last game. I remember him hitting Johnson for two massive sixes with his pull shot.

Sureshot

Executive member
College will make me miss the 1st innings, well, apart from the first 10 overs or so. :(

Users who are viewing this thread