IPL 1st Match: Chennai Super Kings v Mumbai Indians

unknownguys

School Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Dhoni starting to look ordinary why did he took the single?? 19.2 Malinga to Dhoni, 1 run, hoicks it down the ground to long-on. I think Sharma had no chance to hit 4 sixes the only person who could have done it was him so why did he took the run when it does not matter much??

shantanu_rooney

Chairman of Selectors
Well actually KKR would finish last for sure. Their bowlers are gonna get hammered and I wont be surprise you guys losing the match by either 30-40 runs or 6-7 wickets. You just dont have anyone who could bowl like what Malinga or Bhajji did today. Well dont be surprise if Mumbai bowl out you under 50 this time out.

Abt todays match well Sachin's innings was the key along with Nayar's cameo. Great return by Malinga well why was Raje their?? Dhawal should have played and Pinal Shah was okay behind the wicket but I would prefer Takawale for him as he can bat and slog. Freddie lol is he worth 1.55m when he is hammered by the local boy Abhishek Nayar for 3 sixes in 4 balls?? Well Sachin presence was immense effect on the team and hopefully we keep the run going.

shantanu_rooney added 0 Minutes and 50 Seconds later...

Dhoni starting to look ordinary why did he took the single?? 19.2 Malinga to Dhoni, 1 run, hoicks it down the ground to long-on. I think Sharma had no chance to hit 4 sixes the only person who could have done it was him so why did he took the run when it does not matter much??

You got your prediction wrong guy..;)

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Well done to Mumbai, but come on now, WHY THE HELL WOULD YOU PICK ASHWIN AND NOT BOWL HIM?!

Surely he wan't picked for his batting; that spot could have been taken by Albie Morkel...
lol, didn't bat or bowl, selection fail. not that albie morkel would have been a legal selection, however.

ZexyZahid

Chairman of Selectors
The biggest change of the match was when Mumbai got the wicket of Hayden.

Pranav

ICC Board Member
Woah what a win by the Mumbai Indians. Malinga was sensational and so was Tendulkar. Keep up the work guys. We'll look for another win!

King Cricket

International Coach
Well actually KKR would finish last for sure. Their bowlers are gonna get hammered and I wont be surprise you guys losing the match by either 30-40 runs or 6-7 wickets. You just dont have anyone who could bowl like what Malinga or Bhajji did today. Well dont be surprise if Mumbai bowl out you under 50 this time out.

Let's make a bet. I say KKR will go to the semis. :spy

King Cricket added 5 Minutes and 15 Seconds later...

And superb performance by Mumbai today. Nayar, Sachi, Malinga, and Vajji were just ultra fabulous. And Sachin has again showed the whole world, why he is called a "genius". Why the selectors don't pick Sachi in the T-20 side God knows. He is as fit as ever. And his T-20talent? Extraultrafabufantaamazingbulus. The way he played today! Shaped his innings according to the match situation. Played real sensibly. Just like a genius. In T-20, I will pick him over Sharma, Jadeja and Raina ANYDAY OF THE WEEK.

metallics2006

International Coach
And superb performance by Mumbai today. Nayar, Sachi, Malinga, and Vajji were just ultra fabulous. And Sachin has again showed the whole world, why he is called a "genius". Why the selectors don't pick Sachi in the T-20 side God knows. He is as fit as ever. And his T-20talent? Extraultrafabufantaamazingbulus. The way he played today! Shaped his innings according to the match situation. Played real sensibly. Just like a genius. In T-20, I will pick him over Sharma, Jadeja and Raina ANYDAY OF THE WEEK.

He has opted out of International T20s to prolong his ODI and test career. Nothing to do with the selectors.

That one over where Nayar hit 3 sixes was the turning point of the game. If that had not happened, MI would have scored 140 odd and it would have been an easy win for CSK.

Oh, and Hayden is a legend btw. Hayden > Sehwag. I concur.:ninja

deerkick

Club Cricketer
He has opted out of International T20s to prolong his ODI and test career. Nothing to do with the selectors.

That one over where Nayar hit 3 sixes was the turning point of the game. If that had not happened, MI would have scored 140 odd and it would have been an easy win for CSK.

Oh, and Hayden is a legend btw. Hayden > Sehwag. I concur.:ninja

You say that now. Tomorrow you'll change your mind after Sehwag's 31 ball fastest t-20 century. :D

SaiSrini

Respected Legend
CSK
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Not a great start for CSK, but its just the first match of a long tournament. Hopefully we can do a RR (from the first season!) and win the trophy after losing the first game.

Why didnt Albie Morkel play? Keeping both Morkel and Ntini (both local players who know the conditions better than the others) is criminal. Atleast Morkel should come back to bloster the batting (he will bloster the bowling as well). Drop Thushara and bring in Morkel and we should be OK.

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Not a great start for CSK, but its just the first match of a long tournament. Hopefully we can do a RR (from the first season!) and win the trophy after losing the first game.

Why didnt Albie Morkel play? Keeping both Morkel and Ntini (both local players who know the conditions better than the others) is criminal. Atleast Morkel should come back to bloster the batting (he will bloster the bowling as well). Drop Thushara and bring in Morkel and we should be OK.

No, we need two spinners. Drop Thushara, bring in Murali. Drop Oram, bring in Morkel. Drop Patel, bring in Murali Vijay. Drop Joginder Sharma, bring in Arun Karthik.

King Pietersen

ICC Board Member
Why on earth did Dhoni pick Ashwin in the XI? He's a bowler apparently, but didn't bowl an over and didn't bat. Should have replaced him with someone of use, Vijay would have strengthened the batting for example. Flintoff shouldn't have batted at 4 either. Raina was a class act last year, and should definitely be batting ahead of Fred. I'm sure CSK will come good though, not many teams have guys like Albie Morkel and Muttiah Muralitharan on the bench!

shravi

National Board President
Profile Flag
India
Why on earth did Dhoni pick Ashwin in the XI? He's a bowler apparently, but didn't bowl an over and didn't bat. Should have replaced him with someone of use, Vijay would have strengthened the batting for example. Flintoff shouldn't have batted at 4 either. Raina was a class act last year, and should definitely be batting ahead of Fred. I'm sure CSK will come good though, not many teams have guys like Albie Morkel and Muttiah Muralitharan on the bench!

He did. He batted at 3 :p.

Users who are viewing this thread