ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
India
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Ahem, that's only qualifying. :p

Well, as far as i have played in F1, if you get that pit stop strategy right, you can maintain the lead well. I often loose the lead after going into pits.

treva

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
England
Great position on the grid for Bailey :clap
Massa a bit off the pace but it sounded like he had to set his time in difficult conditions. I now back Raikkonen to win this race...

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Jenson Button will take podium for sure. looks to be in good touch.

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Did well considering where Rubens qualified but I think asking for a podium finish is a bit too much, especially considering how much better some of the other cars are.

Yeh i Know that other cars are lot better. Seems to show the man's potential. The effort is outstanding. :hpraise Repped you JB :p

D

Deleted member 13648

Anyway, I have a small 15 second clip of me having a blast down the pit straight and first two corners of Barcelona.

I would upload to youtube but I can't be arsed with waiting years for it to upload.

Also, if anyone knows of a better video recording program, please tell me about it, because I'm fed up with Fraps making things go so slowly and only letting me record short clips....

Anyway! Here it is.

Regarding this...

I've uploaded the full lap for Mr Stevie, accompanied by some fitting music :) Enjoy!

Last edited by a moderator:

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Regarding this...
I've uploaded the full lap for Mr Stevie, accompanied by some fitting music :) Enjoy!

Was a pretty shoddy lap!

Anyway, I finally have some time to myself!

Raikkonen Victorious After Controversial Move.

Ferrari's Kimi Raikkonen has secured his first win for Ferrari in an incident packed race, however, many are calling for the Finn to be given a penalty after he made contact with McLaren rookie, Stephen Bailey on lap 50 of the 58. The move, which resulted in substantial damage being done to the rear wing of the McLaren, paved the way for Raikkonen to take an easy win and the McLaren youngster to crawl home in 6th, nearly 50 seconds back. It is hard to judge who was at fault for the incident as the only pictures that have been found are after the McLaren is facing the wrong way with Raikkonen driving into the distance. Despite the lack of video and photographic evidence, the FIA say they will look into the incident.

Aftermath of Raikkonen/Bailey incident

Before the incident, Raikkonen had taken the lead off the line after he got away better than the McLaren. On lap 15 Bailey managed to use the Honda of Barrichello (being lapped at the time) beautifully to stick a gutsy move up the inside of the Ferrari to take the lead and held it until the coming together on lap 50.

Earlier in the race, there was another incident involving a McLaren and a Ferrari, but this time it was Alonso and Massa. The Ferrari man lost control on the exit of the fast chicane (turns 11 & 12), which resulted in him smashing into the nose of Alonso. Whilst Alonso was able to drag his battered McLaren back to the pits for a new nose, Massa smashed into the barriers and wrote off his Ferrari. Alonso slipped back to 7th, but thought back to pass Alex Wurz and then benefited from his team mates problems to grab 5th.

Whilst not the start McLaren were hoping for, they have at least got some points and showed that the cars are not only quicker, but also, already, more reliable than last years machine.

Short clip of Alonso/Massa incident

Honda suffered a miserable race, with Barrichello losing his front wing in a muliple car incident on the first lap and Button got taken out at turn 6 and stalled whilst trying to pull away.

The first lap crash accounted for Nico Rosberg and Takuma Sato, with Renault new boy, Heikki Kovalainen, losing his front wing and suffering some damage to the left hand side of the car.

Liuzzi and Coulthard were involved in a similar incident to Massa and Alonso, but it took both drivers out. Liuzzi suffered a far bigger impact than Massa did and it took some time to extract the Toro Rosso man from his car. Liuzzi was taken to the medical centre where it turned out he was suffering from mild concussion.

Liuzzi/Coulthard crash, TV and onboard

A mixed day for BMW with Nick Heidfeld finished in a fantastic second, but team mate Kubica's car got stuck in second gear which forced him into retiremen.

Toyota's Jarno Trulli scored a valuable 5 points in an unexpected points finish. This will certainly boost the struggling Toyota team after a tough winter. The same can be said for Renault, with Fisichella keeping out of trouble to grab a welcome podium and 6 points. Alexander Wurz and Mark Webber gave Williams and Red Bull a solid start to the season, after both teams struggled last year.

Australian Grand Prix result - 58 laps

1. Raikkonen - Ferrari
2. Heidfeld - BMW +7.007
3. Fisichella - Renault +22.832
4. Trulli - Toyota +33.729
5. Alonso - McLaren + 36.836
6. Bailey - McLaren + 48.940
7. Wurz - Williams + 50.569
8. Webber - Red Bull + 1:00.469
9. Schumacher - Toyota +1:06.027
10. Speed - Toro Rosso +1 lap
11. Sutil - Spyker +2 laps
12. Kovalainen +2 laps
13. Albers +3 laps
14. Barrichello +3 laps

Not classified
R. Massa
R. Davidson
R. Kubica
R. Button
R. Coulthard
R. Liuzzi
R. Sato
R. Rosberg

Pictures and championship standings to follow.

D

Deleted member 13648

You bagged your first points Stevie and that's all that matters! Unlucky about that dirty Finn making contact!

m_vaughan

Chairman of Selectors
Some nasty stuff in that race. Raikkonen's win wasnt clean and I'm sure in real life the FIA would have taken action.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
Some nasty stuff in that race. Raikkonen's win wasnt clean and I'm sure in real life the FIA would have taken action.

This is Ferrari we're talking about. ;)

FIA Decide NOT to Punish Raikkonen

The FIA today announced that it would not be handing out a penalty to Australian Grand Prix winner, Kimi Raikkonen, with lack of evidence sighted as the reason.

fia.jpg

A spokesman for the FIA read the following statement:

"Due to the lack of photographic and/or video evidence, Kimi Raikkonen will not be punished for the incident with Stephen Bailey on lap 50 of the Australian Grand Prix" he continued "should Mr Raikkonen be involved in another incident similar to this one in the next 5 races, he will be handed a 30 second penalty at the end of the race."

An unhappy Ron Dennis had this to say after the meeting:

"The ruling is clearly a joke. It is quite obvious from the evidence given by my driver, Raikkonen and the after incident picture, that Stephen was clearly taken out by Kimi. It's ridiculous, we enter this sport to fight toe to toe with the best teams and drivers in the world, and we then get incidents like this one that make a mockery of it all."

There is no doubt this whole incident will make already strained relations between McLaren and Ferrari even more fractious. In what promised to be a hotly contested season anyway, we may well be in for one of the most incident packed seasons between F1's top two teams.

Stephen Bailey

Executive member
Profile Flag
England
2007 Australian Grand Prix Pictures

Raikkonen leads away

Tight stuff in the opening laps

First lap carnage

Bailey closes in on Raikkonen....

....and uses Barrichello to fantastic effect

Raikkonen stays in touch....

....literally

Heidfeld continues to hold off Massa and Alonso

World Championship Standings

Drivers

Constructors

With the weekend now concluded, the Formula One circus can now look forward to the official test at Sepang, Malaysia. It will be the first time Formula One has held an official test at the circuit in Kuala Lumpur. Teams like Honda will be thankful for the test after a tortuous weekend in Australia, although it will be hard for them to improve the car much until the championship returns to Europe.

Brett_Lee

International Coach
That was a good race to watch. Raikkonen unfortunatly getting the top points. But you got some points and that is a start.

Keep up the great presentation!

Users who are viewing this thread