2011 World Cup 40 days and 2007 wc records the most revenue of tickets...

LA ICE-E

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
http://www.theaustralian.news.com.au/story/0,20867,21621342-5001505,00.html
I think next time we will stick with the 16-team format but I would hope we can shave a week from the tournament. This year, we lost two days because of Easter.
The West Indian countries here are strongly Christian and they did not want us to play on Good Friday. I can see the tournament coming back to 40 days, which is just about right.
I think that be the best thing. Although they could shave it even more.

http://www.cricketworld.com/world_cup_2007/article/?aid=11055
The Caribbean is well on track to recording the highest Ticketing revenue for a Cricket World Cup
Weird huh? Well, it did sell more than 570,000 tickets up to the semis. That's not that far off from the last wc which had 600,000. The last wc was the most successful in terms of money all together.

Sureshot

Executive member
This tournament has 4 more games hasn't it? Also revenue isn't surprising considering tickets are like $100 carribean dollars (or whatever their currency is).

Sureshot

Executive member
Ah, okay. Weird I seem to remember them mentioning something about it being longer. Time is longer maybe?

LA ICE-E

Club Cricketer
yeah it's like 2 days longer or something from the last wc because of easter but in game days its shorter.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
Sureshot said:
This tournament has 4 more games hasn't it? Also revenue isn't surprising considering tickets are like $100 carribean dollars (or whatever their currency is).
its 100 US.

Hamish

Club Cricketer
Well, the revenue side of things, as has been mentioned to be greater than that of 2003, looks more like a cover up by the ICC for what has been a failure.

LA ICE-E

Club Cricketer
no because, more than 570,000 tickets had been sold anyway which is close to the 600,000 from the last wc.

Cricketman

ICC Chairman
no because, more than 570,000 tickets had been sold anyway which is close to the 600,000 from the last wc.

And i'm sure more than half of them were Indians and Pakistani's who didn't go because they thought there team would be in the Super 8, but bought the tics before hand.

Dalek

Club Cricketer
This world cup was a shambles, if it was in England it would be packed neerly every game. West indies struggled to fill half most times

slade

Club Cricketer
Well, ticket pricing was aimed towards foreign tourists rather than the locals. Also the ICC had policies such as no re entry (many people want to pop in and out), no food or drink and no musical instruments which killed the local spirit and stopped people from turning out.

LA ICE-E

Club Cricketer
This world cup was a shambles, if it was in England it would be packed neerly every game. West indies struggled to fill half most times

no over 400,000 showed up upto the end of super 8s. than more for the semis and the packed final.

cricketmad09

International Coach
Thats what the problem was with this tournament. They tried to create the perfect corporate event, instead of the perfect cricketing event.

handsome

International Coach
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
I think the sub continent which is more accesible to the world as it lies very close to almost all major cricketing nations hence the 2011 WC will be a bigger succes than 2007. The prices also may not go that up.

sohum

Executive member
Profile Flag
India
I think the sub continent which is more accesible to the world as it lies very close to almost all major cricketing nations hence the 2011 WC will be a bigger succes than 2007. The prices also may not go that up.
Well I certainly hope the ticket prices don't go up. The average cricket fan in India can definitely NOT shell out Rs. 4000 for a world cup ticket. And the economic situation in the rest of Asia is worse. I really do hope the ICC take their head out of their ass and actually plan the next World Cup with some target to make it accessible to the fans.

Users who are viewing this thread