Story 2011 World Cup

Jamee999

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
Yeah, I'm playing as India, hence the live coverage, as I can do that if I'm playing as them.

WorldCupLogo.jpg

INDIA 164/3 [32.4]

India have cruised to victory at Multan, thanks to an unbeaten half-century by Sachin Tendulkar.

027660.jpg

Sachin Tendulkar and Tahir Ghandi celebrate their fifty run partnership. The pair put on 105 in total.

The innings started quickly, with Virender Sehwag and Cole Muzumdar hitting quickly, but after Muzumdar was removed, captain Dravid was bowled for 3 runs, but Sehwag edged a catch behind the wicket.

037290.jpg

Cole Muzumdar powerfully flicks the ball for six runs!

But Sachin Tendulkar and Tahir Ghandi came together, and the young and old of Indian batting played a beautiful partnership and cruised to a seven wicket win.

tendulkar52namibia-490mm1ptj.jpg

At the Multan Cricket Stadium

Namibia 163 all out - 39.2 overs
Andries Burger 32
Munaf Patel 4/44

India 164 for 3 - 32.4 overs
Sachin Tendulkar 52*
Bjorn Kotze 2/38

COMING SOON

The post-game presentation ceremony.

Last edited:

Jit

International Cricketer
exellent victory by indian hope they can keep the winning form up and win the wc 2011

Jamee999

Club Cricketer
WorldCupLogo.jpg

MN: Hello, I'm Mark Nicholas and welcome to the post-match presentation ceremony. India won easily here today, beating Namibia by 7 wickets. I'd like to invite Rahul Dravid, the winning captain, up to talk about the match.

79301.jpg

Rahul Dravid has a dissapointing match with the bat.

RD: Hello, Mark. A good win for us today.

MN: Indeed it was. How did you feel the match went?

RD: The bowling was a very good team effort, all four of the bowlers did their jobs really well, Inesh Raul at the start, putting them on the back foot, Munaf sneaking a wicket with him, and then Acharya and Piyush, the two spinners, just did so well, and then Munaf was lightning quick, and, in the end, he might've saved about twenty runs, because we would have had to have bowled the part time bowlers if he hadn't nipped the Namibians out at the end.

MN: And with the bat?

RD: Virender and young Cole Muzumdar started well, showing the sort of aggression that I think we want at the start of the innings, even if they didn't fully go on with their innings. I just got a really good ball early on, but then Sachin and Tahir just came in and knocked the runs off quickly and calmly. They're a really great 4-5 partnership in both forms of the game.

MN: And so it's on to Pakistan next.

RD: Yes, we'll head on to Lahore tomorrow, as we only have two days to prepare, and get ready to play Pakistan, which'll be a very tough test, especially facing their bowling attack. I'm sure it will be an epic battle, either way.

MN: Thank you, Rahul. Next I'd like to welcome the ICC Man of the Match, for his four wickets earlier today, Munaf Patel!

66402.jpg

Munaf Patel bowled expertly at the Namibian lower order, who were providing stubborn resistance.

MN: Munaf, fantastic bowling today.

MP: Thank you, Mark. I enjoyed bowling today, it was tricky, in my first five overs, I tried to bowl quickly, see if I could get a really good one, and I did, just one really, that really felt good out of the hand, that took my wicket. Then in the last five, it was just about accuracy, the Namibian tail were batting well, but I knew that if I kept it mainly straight, on the stumps, then eventually they'd slip up and I'd get my wickets, and that's how it happened. Good fast bowling normally isn't complicated, it's just about doing your plans well, and I think that happened today. And four wickets is always nice.

MN: It was very good bowling. And Pakistan, next, how are you going to prepare for that match?

MP: Well, I think that I will just spend the time resting, and also trying to bowl accurately in the nets, as any loose deliveries against the Pakistani top order will just get destroyed, and I know that if myself and Inesh can restrict them, we might force them into errors, and erros mean wickets!

MN: Thank you, Munaf, today's Man of the Match! So, India beat Namibia by 7 wickets, but their real test will be next time, against Pakistan.

COMING SOON

Australia vs the Netherlands

gutterman

International Cricketer
Can't wait till next match. great story. Keep it up dude

Jamee999

Club Cricketer
WorldCupLogo.jpg

HOLLAND'S MATCH GOES UP IN SMOKE

Hollands hopes of upsetting Australia fell apart today, as Brett Lee tore their batting apart, before Phil Jaques led the run chase.

Dutch captain Ryan ten doeschate won the toss and chose to bat first, and after Szwarczynski was bowled by Lee, the captain came in at Number Three and put on a quick 39 for the second wicket, but left opener Zuiderent to bat around a series of cameos from the middle and lower order, and the Orangemen slumped to 165 all out, with Lee taking four wickets.

79726.jpg

Brett Lee sliced through the Dutch top order.

In reply, Wayne Campbell crawled to 28 in a 108-run partnership, and Jaques made 76, followed by Michael Clarke together with Sam Marlowe bringing the match home.

58125.jpg

Phil Jaques and Michael Clarke, the two Australian top scorers.

At Kanpur (Green Park)

Netherlands 165 all out - 46.2 overs
Bastiaan Zuiderent 62
Brett Lee 4/49

Australia 166 for 3 - 33.5 overs
Phil Jaques 76*
Mohammad Kashif 1 for 11

Man of the Match: Brett Lee

COMING SOON

New Zealand vs Canada
Sri Lanka vs South Africa

gutterman

International Cricketer
Great Suff by the Aussies. Good Job with story 2 keep it up

Jamee999

Club Cricketer
WorldCupLogo.jpg

NEW ZEALAND VICTORIOUS OVER DEFIANT CANUCKS

The Kiwis won the toss and batted first, and a quickfire 28 from captain Fleming brought Lou Vincent and Peter Fulton together. The two made hay on what seemed like a very flat pitch, and both scored centuries, putting 228 on for the second wicket, before the two fell in quick succession, and suddenly the carpet came from beneath the Kiwi innings, as the next seven wickets put on just 10 runs combined, collapsing from 267 for 1 to the innings closed on 277 for 9 off their 50 overs.

57570.jpg

Peter Fulton made 113.

In reply, openers Barnett and Soraine made a very good start, Barnett getting to a half-century, but apart from the openers, only Umar Bhatti really contributed, and Canada slumped to 152 all out.

71026.jpg

Mark Gillespie took 4 wickets, as well as this stunning catch.

At Bangalore (the M.Chinnaswamy Stadium)

New Zealand 277 for 9 - 50 overs
Lou Vincent 129
Nicky Good 6/49

Canada 152 all out - 32.3 overs
Geoffrey Barnett 51
Mark Gillespie 4/32

Man of the Match: Lou Vincent

COMING SOON

Sri Lanka vs South Africa - the Africans are under real pressure after their opening loss to Scotland.

Users who are viewing this thread