Story 2012 ICC World Twenty20

badvintage

International Cricketer
250px-2012iccworldt20.png

The World Cup Logo.

Sri Lanka is going to be glad to announce that they will host the 2012 ICC World Twenty20 World Cup, this fall. It will be fall for many people but not for Sri Lanka, it will be hot and summer out there. This will be the first time that the Twenty20 World Cup will be held in Asia. There will be 4 group standings, featuring the best 12 teams in the World. This the biggest moment of Cricket 2012.

Group A Pos | Team | Matches | Won | Lost | Tied | Points | NRR
1​
|
India
|
1​
|
1​
|
|
|
2​
|
2​
|
England
|
|
|
|
|
|
3​
|
Afghanistan
|
1​
|
|
1​
|
|
0​
|

Group B Pos | Team | Matches | Won | Lost | Tied | Points | NRR
1​
|
Australia
|
1​
|
1​
|
|
|
2​
|
2​
|
West Indies
|
|
|
|
|
|
3​
|
Ireland
|
1​
|
|
1​
|
|
0​
|

149689.2.jpg

The key man for Australia.

Group C Pos | Team | Matches | Won | Lost | Tied | Points | NRR
1​
|
Zimbabwe
|
1​
|
|
1​
|
|
0​
|
2​
|
Sri Lanka
|
1​
|
1​
|
|
|
2​
|
3​
|
South Africa
|
|
|
|
|
|

Group D Pos | Team | Matches | Won | Lost | Tied | Points | NRR
1​
|
Bangladesh
|
|
|
|
|
|
2​
|
Pakistan
|
|
|
|
|
|
3​
|
New Zealand
|
|
|
|
|
|

wkmxky.jpg

We will preview every group and analyze them next. Stay Tune!​

Last edited:

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
David Warner is also a key ma for Aus .

Sulaiman7

ICC Chairman
Profile Flag
Pakistan
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Yeah it'll be good if you write all the team's key player .:yes

badvintage

International Cricketer
Group A Preview

India

Let?s just say this India hasn?t been the best in this format, ranking number 7 in Twenty20 is never good going into the World Cup in just over a week. There ?big sixer? is back, they are looking forward to him and it would really be great for the organization to win the World Cup in this situation. Just a few days ago, India lost to New Zealand by one run, there is many questions about Rohit Sharma. Considering that they haven?t gone past the Super Eights in either 2009 or 2010, the task in front of Dhoni?s team is far from easy.

Players to watch out for: Virat Kohli, Yovraj Singh, Harbhajan Singh

thumb.cms

Squad: Mahendra Singh Dhoni(captain & wicket-keeper), Gautam Gambhir, Virender Sehwag, Suresh Raina, Virat Kohli, Yuvraj Singh, Irfan Pathan, Ravichandran Ashwin, Zaheer Khan, Lakshmipathy Balaji, Ashok Dinda, Rohit Sharma, Piyush Chawla, Harbhajan Singh, Manoj Tiwary

England

A big question about this team going into the World Cup is about Kevin Peterson, should he play? But from what I see he should be getting a second chance, this guy is on his prime right now. There biggest strength would be that they have good decent all-rounders because if you go low-order there batting is decent unlike other teams. Eoin Morgan would be the key to victory for me for England.

Players to watch out for: Graeme Swann, Samit Patel, Eoin Morgan, Stuart Broad

Eoin-Morgan-Sri-Lanka-v-England_2578050.jpg

Squad: Stuart Broad (captain), Jonny Bairstow, Ravi Bopara, Tim Bresnan, Danny Briggs, Jos Buttler, Jade Dernbach, Steven Finn, Alex Hales, Craig Kieswetter, Michael Lumb, Eoin Morgan, Samit Patel, Graeme Swann, Luke Wright.

Afghanistan

Some of the players in the Afghan team have displayed quite a good performance in the international cricket side. They made 200+ against Australia which was a pretty good score for them. Their fast bowler will be the key player for them Hamid Hassan with a impressive playing 8 matches and having 14 wickets with a economy rate of 5.82.

Players to watch out for: Hamid Hassan, Nawroz Mangal

Squad: Nawroz Mangal (captain), Mohammad Nabi, Karim Sadiq, Mirwais Ashraf, Rais Ahmadzai, Dawlat Ahmadzai, Mohammad Shahzad, Hamid Hassan, Samiullah Shinwari, Noor Ali, Asghar Stanikzai, Shahpoor Zadran, Shabir Noori, Sayed Nasrat, Shafiq Shafaq.​

Who will top in Group A?
500 vcash
A. India
B. England
C. Afghanistan

Last edited:

badvintage

International Cricketer
Will post Group B C D preview later then the games can begin! Thanks for everyone that has read this and comment :thumbs

Gaurav_7

Executive member
CSK
RR
X Rebels
Profile Flag
India
Nice beginning! I like the efforts you're putting already. I'd want India to top the group obviously. :p Also, I'd always have Mohammad Shahzad as a player to watch out for, for Afghanistan. He's an exciting talent.

badvintage

International Cricketer
Nice beginning! I like the efforts you're putting already. I'd want India to top the group obviously. :p Also, I'd always have Mohammad Shahzad as a player to watch out for, for Afghanistan. He's an exciting talent.

Not much interest in Afghanistan so I just put two players I know :p

Fenil

PC Cricket Leagues Legend
Good start for the new story. If Virat had not played a 41 ball 70 runs innings he did against NZ, I'd mentioned that won't be a star player given his T20I record but tables have turned. That said, Samit Patel doesn't seem to be a star player for England in T20I, is he?

Will certainly follow this story.

badvintage

International Cricketer
Good start for the new story. If Virat had not played a 41 ball 70 runs innings he did against NZ, I'd mentioned that won't be a star player given his T20I record but tables have turned. That said, Samit Patel doesn't seem to be a star player for England in T20I, is he?

Will certainly follow this story.

I read this article saying that he was a good player, and a player they should look out for. And his performances has been decent in the last couple of games so I thought that I would mention that.

Users who are viewing this thread