2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sangha is a bit of a suss selection imo

Sangha is a bit of a suss selection imo

If he’s fit then it’s a good wildcard pick. From what I saw of him he was very impressive and it seems like he’s rated on the T20 circuit too. I doubt he’ll be in the final fifteen man squad though.

I’m pleasantly surprised they dropped Labuschagne. It was one of the reasons why I didn’t rate their chances in the WC initially. If they make the second surprising call and open with MMarsh and Head for maximum destructive carnage I’d bump them up to equal favourites in my eyes with Pakistan.

That is exactly the reason I said they are favourites and mostly likely to win it again.

And, I was trolled for saying that.
You weren’t trolled, it’s just that literally no one wants to see them win anything ever again :laughter:

I do find it funny that Australia are held up as an example of having a settled and clear squad in comparison to India when they’ve axed their incumbent number four in the last three years just two months before their WC with no direct replacement, haven’t confirmed who their opening duo is, have a huge cloud of doubt over Cummins’ fitness and suitability to captaincy (he has two ODIs and one List A season of experience for perspective) and have two young players with zero international experience in the provisional squad. Oh and they’re somehow still carrying the ancient Greek relic known as Stoinis (who makes Holder look world class if you look at his numbers since the last WC) having selected three other pace all-rounders in the same squad because his rig is the only one that doesn’t break down frequently.

It’s all a matter of perspectives I guess.

Surprisingly, Pakistan may have the most settled XI. The only place that isn’t 100% confirmed is Iftikhar at number 6, but that must be about 75% confirmed, unless he screws up big in the Asia Cup.
The rest is locked in

Fakhar
Imam
Babar
Rizwan
Agha
Iftikhar
Shadab
Nawaz
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf

Surprisingly, Pakistan may have the most settled XI. The only place that isn’t 100% confirmed is Iftikhar at number 6, but that must be about 75% confirmed, unless he screws up big in the Asia Cup.
The rest is locked in

Fakhar
Imam
Babar
Rizwan
Agha
Iftikhar
Shadab
Nawaz
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf
Shoaib Malik missing...

The rest is locked in

Fakhar
Imam
Babar
Rizwan
Agha
Iftikhar
Shadab
Nawaz
Shaheen
Naseem
Rauf
should place Salman at 4 and rizwan at 5 cuz opposition will bring spin early and rizwan has been playing excellently at 5 against nz series 3 50 and all 100+ strike rate. Usama should be in place of nawaz

should place Salman at 4 and rizwan at 5 cuz opposition will bring spin early and rizwan has been playing excellently at 5 against nz series 3 50 and all 100+ strike rate. Usama should be in place of nawaz
It’s not a bad argument, but Rizwan is a averaging 59 and striking at 90 against spin in ODIs, since the start of 2022.
Although i would be fine with either of him or Agha at 4.
As for Usama over Nawaz, i think the Afghanistan series and Asia Cup will determine that

With Inzy as Chief Selector, matter of time before they elevate Imam to captaincy/ deputy.

Shoaib Malik missing...
Hafeez might make a comeback. Given Lala's form, he too might do a Moeen Ali. Although all of that is heavily dependant upon Babar sending a WhatsApp that reads "World Cup" :laughter:

Users who are viewing this thread