2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Mumbai was India’s most vulnerable ground. The semi final was the bogey game and they have come through.

Having passed the challenge I expect India, on current form, to lift the trophy. Stranger things have happened of course, but Rohit Sharma seems poised to follow in Kapil Dev and MS Dhoni’s footsteps.

Even though the victory margin was 70 runs, I don't have nails on 9 of my fingers. Up until KW's dismissal, it looked like NZ would do it again. I'm glad that the knockout curse has been broken finally.

KW's reaction upon getting dismissed said it all. Could that be the last WC match that he played? Can his body pull through for another WC?

If this was a 350 target, I doubt India would have made it to the finals. Those extra 40 runs gave us the cushion that we needed so badly. Brilliant play by NZ to keep us hanging for hopes.

PS: Those two overs from Kuldeep at the end were pure gold.

Continuing on with the 2015 references, I’d put the 2015 Aussie team up there. The only thing they lacked was a quality spinner but they were quite stacked in other departments.
True, Doherty was so bad that we decided to go with Maxwell as our frontline spinner: p

Aussies looking good to make the final.

Hazlewood showing his number one ODI bowler form right now

The weather contributing to seam and swing. Almost like they’re playing in English conditions.

Temba, the villain- I said so earlier itself.

SA cey tentative- even more tentative than the CWC 2007 Semi-final.

Looking one-sided at the moment.
Post automatically merged:

Madness that he wasn’t sitting this one out if he wasn’t fully fit.
Black quota, there's nothing else that can explain this stupidity. One would guess that the nation would have learnt from the mistakes of 2015 ,but no.

How much you're gonna put up by blockathon? Stupendous from SA..!!! It's bit tricky at the moment, I get it but you're at Eden Gardens and not in England

Exactly what VDD did... use your feet and keep scoreboard ticking... Go Get 'em SA...

Temba, the villain- I said so earlier itself.

SA cey tentative- even more tentative than the CWC 2007 Semi-final.

Looking one-sided at the moment.
Post automatically merged:

Black quota, there's nothing else that can explain this stupidity. One would guess that the nation would have learnt from the mistakes of 2015 ,but no.

They don’t have quota requirements in WCs mate.

Users who are viewing this thread