2023 ICC Cricket World Cup (October/November) - India

Your 2023 Cricket World Cup Champions are?

• Australia

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • India

Votes: 12 66.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bevab

Staff Member
PlanetCricket Award Winner
Online Cricket Games Owned
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
Head was accelerating, wasnt he? Labuschagne wasn't required to do so. In India's case neither Kohli nor KL attempted to. Very reminiscent of Dhoni in 2019.

And Head was slower than Kohli for quite sometime until after his fifty. Difference was that Cummins was bowling exceptionally to Kohli with a tight field and plan whilst our side was leaking runs and barely challenging Head despite him being one of the jammiest cricketers out there with Marnus when put under pressure.

KL left runs on board out there for sure but we weren’t defending anything even if we scored 20-30 extra runs, our bowling was listless after that initial swing mania and our fielding plus tactics were second rate.

Verified Enigma

PlanetCricket's Sherlock Holmes
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Also, the biggest credit for today should be given to the Aussies. They know how to win tournaments. It's one thing to dominate the group stages. But it takes temperament to win those Knockouts. And Australia are the Lords of them for a reason.

They were the better team for today by miles. Well deserved by them.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
And Head was slower than Kohli for quite sometime until after his fifty. Difference was that Cummins was bowling exceptionally to Kohli with a tight field and plan whilst our side was leaking runs and barely challenging Head despite him being one of the jammiest cricketers out there with Marnus when put under pressure.

KL left runs on board out there for sure but we weren’t defending anything even if we scored 20-30 extra runs, our bowling was listless after that initial swing mania and our fielding plus tactics were second rate.
It is easier to pace yourself whilst chasing. You can't seriously be defending Kohli and Rahul here. They were pathetic!

For such star players, playing at home, they were expected to break through the Australian defences. They have the ability to power hit, they didn't employ it, why?

Umair7

El Presidente
AUS..
Ireland
Kings XI
KK
Hobart Hurricanes
Survival Games Finalist
Champions League Winner
Avengers
Oval Invincibles
Profile Flag
Australia
By that logic I will take the 2 away Australia series victory in Australia greater than WC.
Ashes has every Aussie fan involved - Casual & Hardcore fans (many fans don't bother with WC) if we win - good, if we lose - fine)

harishankar

Panel of Selectors
India
CSK
Profile Flag
India
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
It is easier to pace yourself whilst chasing. You can't seriously be defending Kohli and Rahul here. They were pathetic!

For such star players, playing at home, they were expected to break through the Australian defences. They have the ability to power hit, they didn't employ it, why?
Kohli not so bad, his strike rate was quite high. But KL not able to rotate strike had a negative effect on both.

I said it would be tough to accelerate later and I was proven right.

Targaryen

You-Know-Who
India
RCB...
Profile Flag
India
Such a satisfying feeling for Australia in receiving the WC trophy from Honourable PM of India.

Bevab

Staff Member

This just confirms that you didn’t watch the game and were just watching it on a scorecard. It was clear and obvious why they couldn’t hit out at that moment, even r/cricket was in unanimous agreement over it barring the odd IPL fan.
Post automatically merged:

Kohli not so bad, his strike rate was quite high. But KL not able to rotate strike had a negative effect on both.

I said it would be tough to accelerate later and I was proven right.

Agreed. I think the early reverse swing did not help either, I’ve never seen the ball reversing in the mid-30 overs in an ODI in a long time.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
This just confirms that you didn’t watch the game and were just watching it on a scorecard. It was clear and obvious why they couldn’t hit out at that moment, even r/cricket was in unanimous agreement over it barring the odd IPL fan.
Mate I watched the entire game from start till finish. Can't help if you want to side with those 2 stat padders,it is your choice after all. For me, they will always be the villains of this game. Seriously lost all respect, given their antics and the fact that they hogged the limelight for their own selfish needs.

Sincerely hope they don't play in CT 25 and after...

Users who are viewing this thread