24 Feb - South Africa vs West Indies

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Online Cricket Games Owned
problems for the West Indies. Adrian Barath and Carlton Baugh are injured (2-3 weeks). Probably means that Devon Smith will open with Gayle.
Probable replacements, Devon Thomas and Kirk Edwards.

War

Chairman of Selectors
problems for the West Indies. Adrian Barath and Carlton Baugh are injured (2-3 weeks). Probably means that Devon Smith will open with Gayle.
Probable replacements, Devon Thomas and Kirk Edwards.

Surely Samuels would be the next best candidate.

Plus for a keeper i'd be interested in trying William Perkins (although he hasn't kept in a while IIRC).

Dare

Chairman of Selectors
Surely Samuels would be the next best candidate.

Plus for a keeper i'd be interested in trying William Perkins (although he hasn't kept in a while IIRC).

Those two (Edwards and Thomas) were named as reserves so they would be the ones to go if indeed WI send replacements.
Samuels would have been selected if reserves weren't named. Edwards has a good 4-day record but his one day record and performances arent the greatest.
As for Perkins like you said he hasn't kept for a long time now. Thomas is probably the best choice after Baugh.
Darren Bravo kept wicket in the match against Sri Lanka and apparently did really well for a guy that doesn't keep. Its an option but I wouldn't put that much pressure on him.

Kabooka

International Cricketer
Is Pollard playing for the WI ? Thought that kid had promise , but his recent record certainly doesn't instill any confidence.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
The World Cup record between these two stands at 2-2 with South Africa trumping the West Indies in 1992 and 2007. Whereas the Windies have had the edge in 1996 and 2003.
Tough to choose,but I'll make my decision on the day of the match.

ShamiLoverGlipGlops

The Man With The Glip Glops
India
NZ....
AFG...
KKR
Avengers
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
  3. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Xbox One
Looks like West Indies might just pull off a thriller here

Left_Hander

Chairman of Selectors
This is probably the first "big" game of the tournament. Should be a cracker!

khalek

Panel of Selectors
West Indies should pick Andre Russell over Ravi Rampaul. Amla is gonna pummel Rampaul in the first 10 overs.

sami ullah khan

Panel of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
South Africa should win it quite easily. West Indies have a good batting line up but their bowling is below par.

Owzat

International Coach
This is probably the first "big" game of the tournament. Should be a cracker!

Some might argue India vs Bangladesh was, but it didn't turn out that way. Despite windies evident decline in Tests they are still a decent ODI side.

Honestly I don't think any of the real contenders for the World Cup will struggle to beat the minnows, that may be the only real 'purpose' of those matches, to sort out which 'also rans' reach the semis.

icyman

ICC Chairman
India
The Boys
Profile Flag
India
I am going with the Windies for this game. Expect a crackling start from Chris Gayle.

P

pcfan123

I think SA should take this one with their new spin attack but the odds were too inviting for WI.

Users who are viewing this thread