15 Feb - Australia vs South Africa - Warmup

angryangy

ICC Chairman
Why is it that when spinners do nearly as good as pacemen, the effort of the latter gets almost completely forgotten?

Afridi Akhtar

Club Cricketer
Online Cricket Games Owned
217 ALL OUT Australia disapointing for me because its aussies....and africa....Bad days for aussies can say if they coninue like this they are surely out of the cup....

AngryPixel

Chairman of Selectors
  1. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - PS3
  2. Don Bradman Cricket 14 - Steam PC
That is really BS. Pacer take wickets on helpful conditions and yet they are praised. But when spinners gets turning tracks, they talk more about pitch than the effort of the bowlers. Even on the turning track you have to control the ball. Not everyone can take wickets on turners.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
they should let ingram and van wyk bat along with plesis rather than the likes of dumniy or de villiers who are experienced enough already...

stefan

International Coach
Van wyk and ingram are probably not in the preferred starting 11, its more important to get the starting 11 into form on these tracks.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
huh..u really think so? how are they going to play then with just 6 batsmen? :S

Smith
Amla
Kallis
Devilliers
Duminy
Plesis

then the bowlers will probably be botha, peterson/tahir, steyn, morkel, tsotobe

u think that's how the line up would look like?? i think that would be a recipe for disaster waiting to happen

i would rather they have this line up

Smith
Amla
Kallis
AB
Plesis
Duminy
Van Wyk (he can keep too which would let AB be just a fielder like he should be)
Tahir
Steyn
Morkel
Tsotobe

4 front line bowlers with kallis duminy and plesis chipping in the rest of the 10 overs with 3 spin options (one leg spinner, 2 part time offspinners)

and anyone noticing how much AB is struggling as a keeper against spin?? i really dont think he should be a keeper....some of those mistakes can be quite disastrous for SA. isnt van wyk supposed to be a better keeper?

stefan

International Coach
That's the way they played against india in SA conditions and considering india pitches are usually flatter I don't see them changing. They will pick their batsmen to get the job done.

Van wyk is a better but selectors seem to think its a better idea for ab to keep.

Your side would probably be more balanced but I don't see them changing now and they won't drop botha(they seem him as the next odi captain).

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
i still dont understand the board's fascination over botha. he is just a mediocre bowler at best. probably it has to do with something regarding team politics, as in smith and him being very good friends.

stefan

International Coach
i still dont understand the board's fascination over botha. he is just a mediocre bowler at best. probably it has to do with something regarding team politics, as in smith and him being very good friends.

He is a decent bits and pieces player. Decent with the bat and ball and good fielder. But he isn't the bowler he was without his doosra. The management seems to think he is a good thinker as well.

I would also prefer amla as the next captain but management seems to prefer botha.

Personally Tahir would be my spinner and botha and peterson can fight out for the second one if we need to play one. But that's unlikely to happen. I just hope tahir plays every game.

isrararrafi

Panel of Selectors
Profile Flag
United States
good solid performance by the saffars. Good to see steyn doing well in this match. He hasn't been good in one days as he has been in tests. Hopefully he will continue today's performance throughout the tournament.

War

Chairman of Selectors
That is really BS. Pacer take wickets on helpful conditions and yet they are praised. But when spinners gets turning tracks, they talk more about pitch than the effort of the bowlers. Even on the turning track you have to control the ball. Not everyone can take wickets on turners.

Spinners get praised when do so such things all the time in tests on a standard/proper turning pitch. But their is a feeling as both Ponting mentioned in the IND vs AUS warm-up, that this Bangalore wicket is a bit under-prepared - which we must not forget ICC regulations states a overly turning pitch is a poor international pitch.

Obviously its not logical for greentoops to be considered bad international pitch. How can you underprepare a pitch by allowing a fair amount of grass to be on the pitch?

That can't happen, you have the let field grass grow on the entire playing surface, which obviously would never happen.

The seaming equivalent of the current Bangalore warm-up under-prepared wicket would be not played on, because it would be an old fashioned sticky. For example, South Africa playing Australia at the MCG in 05/06, where they held up play because the pitch was a bit wet after being over-watered.

Users who are viewing this thread